Julio Jones & the Falcons game thread

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the run D can stop Freeman/Coleman from running for 300 yds.! Don't disagree that Jones needs to be double-teamed every play but if their run game gashes our D doesn't matter what Ryan/Jones are doing. Think this'll be a 38-37 shootout and hoping GB offense can score that much.
Coleman may not play Sunday

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this could be a high scoring game, but I wonder if the Packers play keep away, if that will keep the score down. Should be a good game. We beat them last night and Julio had a ridiculous amount of receiving yards, but that isn't ideal. I'll say:

Packers: 31
Falcons: 28

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Short passing game will be key here. Keep drives moving, keep Ryan off the field as much as possible. With the current state of our offense, I am not 100% comfortable getting into a shootout with them, although I do trust our defense more than I do theirs.

More so than even in a regular game, turnover margin WILL tell the story in this one. Just cannot afford to give either team more opportunities.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Diego has a worse pass defense and scoring defense than the Packers. The scoring difference is 5.9 points a game.

If they can win in Atlanta, the Packers can.

I think as has been the case thus far and will continue next week, it depends on which Rodgers shows up to play. If the good accurate Rodgers is out there and the running game absent its stars can start finding something, we definitely got a chance. If the double-clutching wild thrower is back, we're likely in trouble regardless of how well the D plays.

Obviously last week they let that game against SD get away from them, don't know that they make the same mistake 2x.

Either way you look at it, the Falcons are one of those teams that are gonna score points, usually at least in the 20s because that's what they do. Key is definitely gonna be the offense.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to make them punt to us. Get off the field on 3rd down. Also use some screens to Davis and Monty to get some chunk yards.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this formation vs the falcons. With Rodgers in shotgun have Cobb and TyMo on each side of him. Then have Adams and Janis out wide with Jordy playing slot! So many different possibilities from there!

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones will get 180+ and a couple of TDs. Doesn't mean they'll win. What worries me more is Bulaga against a speed rusher on carpet.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty simple here: If the offense clicks, we have a great chance of winning a shootout. If not? We get our doors blown off. Zero chance Falcons score less than 30 against this "D".

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as worried about this game as others seem to be. Even with our injuries, I don't see Julio having a huge game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as worried about this game as others seem to be. Even with our injuries, I don't see Julio having a huge game.
Do you know something the rest of us don't? Jones torched the Packers last time in Green Bay and now he will be going up against a hobbled Rollins and slows Gunter and Hyde. How will he not have a monster game? 500+ yards of passing is definately in the mix, especially considering the Packers pass rush has disappeared the past two weeks.

ATLman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a falcons fan the comes in peace! Wanted to discuss the game with some packers fans (don't know any) and thought I could provide insight on the Falcons in return. First off, I want to say that the Packers and the Seahawks are probably 2 of my favorite non-division opponents. I always love getting a chance to watch my team play you guys. With that said, both of our teams have had struggles over the course of the season. The Falcons easily has the worst pass defense in the NFL. With that said, I expect Rodgers to look like the Rodgers we've loved to hate over the past 5-6 years. Our offense could look a little different since our second leading offensive playmaker will be out (Coleman). But I hope it's a good game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a falcons fan the comes in peace! Wanted to discuss the game with some packers fans (don't know any) and thought I could provide insight on the Falcons in return. First off, I want to say that the Packers and the Seahawks are probably 2 of my favorite non-division opponents. I always love getting a chance to watch my team play you guys. With that said, both of our teams have had struggles over the course of the season. The Falcons easily has the worst pass defense in the NFL. With that said, I expect Rodgers to look like the Rodgers we've loved to hate over the past 5-6 years. Our offense could look a little different since our second leading offensive playmaker will be out (Coleman). But I hope it's a good game.

If I send you money, can you arrange to be having lunch with Julio Jones DURING the game? ;)

With the Packers potentially down to their #4 and beyond CB's, this Packer fan is most worried about Ryan, Julio and company possibly feasting on our secondary for lunch that day!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

With the Packers potentially down to their #4 and beyond CB's, this Packer fans is most worried about Ryan, Julio and company possibly feasting on our secondary for lunch that day!

I'm not worried about any other receiver or tight end than Julio. Unfortunately Gunter and Goodson covering Jones scares the crap out of me.

ATLman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I send you money, can you arrange to be having lunch with Julio Jones DURING the game? ;)

With the Packers potentially down to their #4 and beyond CB's, this Packer fans is most worried about Ryan, Julio and company possibly feasting on our secondary for lunch that day!

I do think that Julio can have a big game, but one thing to keep in mind. Ryan looks to Julio mostly for the big play. Since week 2, Ryan moves the chains with 8-9 different receivers. He loves moving the chains with the big fellows at TE and FB as well as the RBs. One of the good things about our offense is that even when Julio isn't being "effective" in terms of catches and yards, he's still being effective because he's eating up multiple defenders on every play leaving favorable match-ups with other receivers. One thing that worries me about your defense is Clay Matthews. He's always had a good game against the Falcons. I imagine he'll take most snaps over our RT and weakest link on the OL. Hopefully we'll get to see him take on Jake Matthews for a bit of family fun haha.

D

Deleted member 6794

One thing that worries me about your defense is Clay Matthews. He's always had a good game against the Falcons. I imagine he'll take most snaps over our RT and weakest link on the OL. Hopefully we'll get to see him take on Jake Matthews for a bit of family fun haha.

Nick Perry has actually been the Packers best pass rusher this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have signed center Jacob Flores to the practice squad. He already spent all offseason and training camp with the team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not worried about any other receiver or tight end than Julio. Unfortunately Gunter and Goodson covering Jones scares the crap out of me.

Jones is big on my mind right now and I don't think Gunter or Goodson can shut him down, especially alone. Hearing that Tevin Coleman probably won't play was good news, but I still think with Freeman keeping our front 7 on their toes and close to the line of scrimmage, Ryan may just find a way to expose the secondary, no matter who he is throwing to. I keep going back to Dak Prescott and what he was able to do with the threat of Elliott running and really nobody that special catching the ball. While statistically he didn't light up the secondary that day, he didn't need to, but a guy like Ryan just might decide to and be able to.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jones is big on my mind right now and I don't think Gunter or Goodson can shut him down, especially alone. Hearing that Tevin Coleman probably won't play was good news, but I still think with Freeman keeping our front 7 on their toes and close to the line of scrimmage, Ryan may just find a way to expose the secondary, no matter who he is throwing to. I keep going back to Dak Prescott and what he was able to do with the threat of Elliott running and really nobody that special catching the ball. While statistically he didn't light up the secondary that day, he didn't need to, but a guy like Ryan just might decide to and be able to.

I don't expect the Falcons to be able to run the ball as effectively as the Cowboys though as their offensive line isn't even close to being as good.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't expect the Falcons to be able to run the ball as effectively as the Cowboys though as their offensive line isn't even close to being as good.

I hope not and statistically they have not been as good as the Cowboys on the ground. But their passing game is better then the Cowboys, so overall they are more balanced, which is why they lead the league in yards. Against the Cowboys, we were probably more focused on stopping the run. Against the Falcons, we better be able to stop both run and pass or there could be some big yardage either way.