Julio Jones & the Falcons game thread

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The closer we get to kickoff, the more nervous I'm getting.

Atlanta is going to be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder, and we're coming off of a not so impressive win against a bad football team. I think having the extra time to prepare is huge given what I just said.

Gonna be optimistic and say Packers 37 Falcons 31.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will not give a score,but I will say it is a toss up. As depleted as we are,I think it will be a good game and will be a measuring stick as to what to expect for the rest of the year. If we win or if we lose a close game,having success doing what we did against the Bears, our season looks like we still may be in the hunt for a SB. If we get routed(which I doubt) our future may not be promising and it may be time for a change of the coaches and trainers that lead our team in the offseason

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy, Adams, Janis, Geranimo, Davis and the TE's. The RB situation though.....without ty or cobb its going to be non-existant. This has potential for being a blowout.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to stay optimistic and say GB perseveres and finds a way to win a tough one on the road. I have GB over ATL 24-20.
I'm not tossing in the towel at all. It's going. To be tough, was going to be anyway. I'm hoping to see some guys step up and show us why they were given a roster spot.

MajikMan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:eek:

feels like we could have just phoned this one in!
Matthews hasn't missed a game since 2013. He missed 9 games between 2012-13 and has missed a total of 2 games outside of those two seasons. He does seem to always be injured but he plays through a lot. There seems to be a misconception that he misses a ton of time to injury but outside those two seasons he's been pretty reliable.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These injuries lol smh. So we basically have 1 healthy RB who just got here a week ago? Hopefully we can knock Julio or Ryan out the game. That's the only way I see Green Bay winning.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last edited:

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really glad the Cowboys played Rodgers two weeks ago and not today because it appears he's found his game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Matthews hasn't missed a game since 2013.

Matthews missed the game vs. the Lions in week 3 as well.

Randall Cobb WR Inactive
Jared Cook TE Inactive
Clay Matthews OLB Inactive
Ty Montgomery WR Inactive
Damarious Randall CB Inactive
Quinten Rollins CB Inactive
James Starks RB Inactive

First time in awhile that I remember the 7 game day inactives to all be injured. As well as most being starters.

It happened in week 7 vs. the Bears as well with the Packers deckaring seven players out on the day before the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It happened in week 7 vs. the Bears as well with the Packers deckaring seven players out on the day before the game.

Kyle Murphy was on the inactive list of the Bears game, a healthy scratch I believe? But that is splitting hairs, I just don't remember having so many starters and key backups sitting on the 53 and unable to play.

If nothing else, yesterday was a confidence booster for the offense and AR. Despite missing Lacy, Cobb, Cook (week 1 starters) as well as Monty, I was impressed, especially in the first half. The second half wasn't as impressive.

The defense on the other hand, really needs to get healthy and tighten things up. While the stats show they were out there and making tackles, I sure would like to feel Ha Ha and Burnett's presence more.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as worried about this game as others seem to be. Even with our injuries, I don't see Julio having a huge game.
My optimism is just that, optimistic. My reasoning actually parallels the good captain's in that I think our D line will win the majority of the battles. With the running game in check and our ability to slide double coverage Julio's way, I think that we stand a decent chance. Without another serious threat, I fully expect Capers to double Julio and make Matt Ryan follow is progressions to other options while our Dline chases him around....and he's not very good on the move. Ryan has found his alternate receivers when teams have doubled Julio, and found Julio when they left him one-on-one. I think that the key is that you don't let their guaranteed weapon hurt you. Let the other guys show IF they have what it takes.
I wasn't far off. I think that Capers did the best he could with what he had on hand. Rodgers played better than he has with not much in the cupboard. That was a hard team to beat on the road. I'm not happy with any loss, but am at ease with this loss versus how we played against Dallas.

Members online

Latest posts