Game 15 vs the leagues losingest team Carolina Panthers pregame thread

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
With the DC we shoulda nabbed when we were looking instead of the one we got. This is about the only game left on the schedule where we're favorites. Last 2 QBs we faced were the NFC OPoY. Let's go for the trifecta.:rolleyes:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the DC we shoulda nabbed when we were looking instead of the one we got. This is about the only game left on the schedule where we're favorites. Last 2 QBs we faced were the NFC OPoY. Let's go for the trifecta.:rolleyes:
False...we will be favorites against the Bears and bet it is very close against MN to possibly being (that game depends on how this game goes I bet).

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't really even know what to say. Caroline is really bad, but I could see them losing it. I think they pull it off. Panthers are 30th in yardage, 29th in points, and 32nd in yards per play. It still wouldn't surprise me if Young had a career day. The Panthers actually have a pretty good passing defense. Might be because they rank 20th against the run and are ranked 29th in points given up. The Packers really should win this one on paper. Just don't turn it over like the Giants game and they should coast to victory. Packers 27 Panthers 13

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really even know what to say. Caroline is really bad, but I could see them losing it. I think they pull it off. Panthers are 30th in yardage, 29th in points, and 32nd in yards per play. It still wouldn't surprise me if Young had a career day. The Panthers actually have a pretty good passing defense. Might be because they rank 20th against the run and are ranked 29th in points given up. The Packers really should win this one on paper. Just don't turn it over like the Giants game and they should coast to victory. Packers 27 Panthers 13
We have learned this year that the Packers are capable of losing any game. Of course they have an upside as well. The Panthers won a game without a touchdown. The Falcons found a way to blow it. Go back a few decades and there was a Panther team that had only 1 win. After watching a great Packer team lose to an 0-10 Indy team in 1997 anything is possible.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have learned this year that the Packers are capable of losing any game. Of course they have an upside as well. The Panthers won a game without a touchdown. The Falcons found a way to blow it. Go back a few decades and there was a Panther team that had only 1 win. After watching a great Packer team lose to an 0-10 Indy team in 1997 anything is possible.
That was the team that went on to lose the super bowl to Denver. I was at a sports bar with a bunch of other packer fans when they went to kick the winning field goal everybody was celebrating until I yelled he missed it. You could have cut the shock in the air with a knife.
I don't care how good you are or aren't, you never underestimate an opponent.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't trust MLF to stick with the running game and I don't trust Barry and his scheme to stop Carolina seeing how terrible it was against NYG and Tampa. You are right, if we don't turn it over and/or commit stupid penalties we should win but I'm not holding my breath. We won't be getting our game so we'll be watching NFL Red Zone instead.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping to win by a score of 44-38. Maybe that'll be enough to make a change at DC sooner rather than later.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't trust MLF to stick with the running game and I don't trust Barry and his scheme to stop Carolina seeing how terrible it was against NYG and Tampa. You are right, if we don't turn it over and/or commit stupid penalties we should win but I'm not holding my breath. We won't be getting our game so we'll be watching NFL Red Zone instead.
This may be the least viewed game of the week. If the NFL could they would put it in London so they play while people are still sleeping.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not like Campbell's attitude. If he felt he could not play he could go right to the staff. So many players fight to stay on the field even when they are beat up. Not that he should. What he is saying is if you pick on me I'll sit out. What does that do for his teammates? I think he will be gone next season.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It still wouldn't surprise me if Young had a career day.
Is there any doubt?

After watching a great Packer team lose to an 0-10 Indy team in 1997 anything is possible.
Ugh, I wish people would quit bringing up that game. Just when I thought I'd forgotten it. I had a feeling we were going to lose that game because that team didn't play well on artificial turf, and even worse in domes, so I wasn't surprised about it. But I live in Indiana, and people gave me so much crap about it. "The Super Bowl champs couldn't even beat the winless Colts". And to make matters worse it seemed like it foreshadowed the Super Bowl loss to the Broncos that season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any doubt?

Ugh, I wish people would quit bringing up that game. Just when I thought I'd forgotten it. I had a feeling we were going to lose that game because that team didn't play well on artificial turf, and even worse in domes, so I wasn't surprised about it. But I live in Indiana, and people gave me so much crap about it. "The Super Bowl champs couldn't even beat the winless Colts". And to make matters worse it seemed like it foreshadowed the Super Bowl loss to the Broncos that season.
Well, we still put up like 38 points that day. Our great D took the day off. But winning it would only slightly change the playoff scenario. We still went into Frisco and shut down the 9ers and played the Broncos. It still amazes me how Lombardi could go through an entire championship season losing only one game. He motivated to overcome any letdown or trap games. The only loss in 1962 was to the next best team.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not like Campbell's attitude. If he felt he could not play he could go right to the staff.

After MLF came to the press conference to cover even more for JB while complaining about communication it felt a little like he was throwing the players under the bus. At this point, I can't fault any players reaction.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any doubt?

Well yeah. I mean if they can't beat a colt they certainly can't beat a bronco.

Bonus points to the first one who gets the reference. No fair looking it up.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I do not like Campbell's attitude. If he felt he could not play he could go right to the staff. So many players fight to stay on the field even when they are beat up. Not that he should. What he is saying is if you pick on me I'll sit out. What does that do for his teammates? I think he will be gone next season.
Campbell ... Alexander ... I'm reminded of this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...and then, there's Musgrave, (copied and pasted from PFT - sorry for the sourcing...hahaha)

"Packers tight end Luke Musgrave was having a strong rookie season until a hard fall after a catch in Week 11 left him with a lacerated kidney. Musgrave hasn’t played since that game, but he did stay in the game at the time, and he says it’s just what football players do.

“I knew something was probably wrong, but I mean, that’s kind of football,” Musgrave said. “You play through pain and then it usually hurts a little more after the game.”

Musgrave said it wasn’t until a few hours after the game that he realized he had a serious injury.

“When I got home,” Musgrave said. “Just blood in the urine.” "

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bah Humbug!
For the first time in my 75 year old memory, the Green Bay Packers game today will not be television broadcast here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Fox U. P. , which is ordinarily a bastion of Packers football, will instead broadcast the Lions game due to that games playoff implications.
Merry Christmas Packers fans!!!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just learned recently that besides the stupidity of a Monday night playoff game, putting the winner at a disadvantage with one less day of rest the next week, that one of the playoff games will be exclusively on peacock. If the Packers get in and I miss the Packers for the first time in 35 years, then I will be done with the NFL from that point on.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just learned recently that besides the stupidity of a Monday night playoff game, putting the winner at a disadvantage with one less day of rest the next week, that one of the playoff games will be exclusively on peacock. If the Packers get in and I miss the Packers for the first time in 35 years, then I will be done with the NFL from that point on.
The NFL is putting a playoff game on freaking Peacock? Good lord. :tdown: :sick:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bah Humbug!
For the first time in my 75 year old memory, the Green Bay Packers game today will not be television broadcast here in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Fox U. P. , which is ordinarily a bastion of Packers football, will instead broadcast the Lions game due to that games playoff implications.
We'll see if it is or if MLF's crew gives us lumps of coal in our stockings. The networks are catering to bandwagon jumpers?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bah Humbug!
It was competitive as we thought but not worth watching if you are a generic NFL fan.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone! I was MIA there a bit for Christmas break. GPG!