Julio Jones & the Falcons game thread

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Sunday Ticket is a must have...I'll just throw that out there. Anyways, we are going to have to double/triple team this guy. I've watched the falcons several times already this season, and this is the best wr in the NFL without a doubt. Id rather the other WRs get targeted. We have to take him out the game or the Packers won't win this game with these or WRs trying to cover him one on one.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Sunday Ticket is a must have...I'll just throw that out there. Anyways, we are going to have to double/triple team this guy. I've watched the falcons several times already this season, and this is the best wr in the NFL without a doubt. Id rather the other WRs get targeted. We have to take him out the game or the Packers won't win this game with these or WRs trying to cover him one on one.

Taking him out of the game probably isn't realistic. As long as he doesn't go off for a 150+ and a few TDs, the Packers can still win.

He just had two big games in consecutive losses.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julio is the best WR in the NFL. Even if we have Randall and Rollins back, we're still in trouble hahah.

Hopefully the offense continues to make strides in the right direction. I think they're going to have to carry us like old times.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julio just annihilates zone coverage. His catching radius is amazing. The only way to contain him is to double team him with the CB not letting him get a clean release. Ryan is pretty good at picking apart the blitz. Packers will have to get a pash rush with 4 guys or it will be a long day.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two missed pass interference calls cost them these last two games. I noticed San Diego threw a lot to the tight ends with success. Boy would I love for Cook to be available this game. While their lbs are thumpers? They aren't very fleet of foot. I can see Monty having a game similar to last week.

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we have to replicate the Bears Gameplan and have looong time-consuming drives and keep their offense off the field.

Otherwise that offense will tear us apart to the sound of 30+ points. :(

But we get this done! 27:24 Pack, Crosby game winning field goal as the time expires!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday was the 50th anniversary of the first time the Packers and Falcons played each other. It was Atlanta's first season as an expansion club and the Packers were on their way to another championship and the first Super Bowl.
http://www.packershistory.net/1966PACKERS/GAME7.html

Promo film for the Falcons' first season.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Atlanta did a lot of seeding from Green Bay in lauching their franchise. They tried to lure Vince Lombardi as their first head coach but, failing that, hired Lombardi assistant Norb Hecker instead.

Another assistant from Green Bay Tom Fears and former db Johnny Symank joined the first Falcons' coaching staff.

The Falcons took 8 players from the Packers for their first team. Prime among them qb Dennis Claridge, rb Junior Coffey, receiver Gary Barnes and guard Dan Grimm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I guess we have to replicate the Bears Gameplan and have looong time-consuming drives and keep their offense off the field.

Absolutely agree that the Packers having long time consuming drives is an important key to winning against the Falcons. The offense has to perform better in the red zone as well.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the run D can stop Freeman/Coleman from running for 300 yds.! Don't disagree that Jones needs to be double-teamed every play but if their run game gashes our D doesn't matter what Ryan/Jones are doing. Think this'll be a 38-37 shootout and hoping GB offense can score that much.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With as thin as we currently are at CB, Matt Ryan must be licking his chops and singing "Me and Julio Down by the School Yard".

This song keeps running through my head now..... :eek:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

No worries, Rodell. Dom's got this. Expect Gunter one-on-one with no safety help over top all game long. Julio will be so open he will get a bad case of agoraphobia and fall down. He's got this.

:D

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think our D can stop them, our Offense must sustain Long drives somewhat like the bears game. The Pack has had the falcons number for sometime now. I hope it continues. Monty must learn how to shed tackles and or get out of bounds or he wont last long, hes taking alot of straight on hits.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Diego has a worse pass defense and scoring defense than the Packers. The scoring difference is 5.9 points a game.

If they can win in Atlanta, the Packers can.

Members online

Latest posts