Jairus Bryd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Packers don´t take a LB off the field in the nickel package. The DL in the nickel package (five DBs) consists of two DEs and two OLBs (with the NT coming off the field) with the two ILBs staying on the field. Normally one of the ILBs only leaves the field when the Packers move to their dime package.

That´s why I´m not a big fan of signing Spikes (don´t know a lot about his troubles in the locker room though).

Pretty sure (at least I hope) that the linebackers are left on because we don't have enough decent pass rushing dlinemen to force them off the field. I would imagine that if Worthy and Jones turn into decent pass rushers that we would take a linebacker off and have Daniels, Jones and Worthy in the game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Spikes is a slight upgrade over Hawk but I'd rather see someone like Navarro Bowman or Patrick Willis in the middle. Niners arnt going to be able to keep both.... Especially with Smiths contract coming up. That's where Green Bay comes in and swoopes one up ;)

Yeah, every team would like to have Bowman and Willis as their ILBs. It doesn´t make sense to bring up those big names all the time though, like you do rodell, cause teams don´t let players of that caliber walk away as long as they´re in their primes (just as the Packers would never do with Rodgers).

That´s why I would love the Packers to get Byrd. Talented players like him don´t often hit the open market at the age of 27, and on top of it he would fit our biggest need on the entire roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pretty sure (at least I hope) that the linebackers are left on because we don't have enough decent pass rushing dlinemen to force them off the field. I would imagine that if Worthy and Jones turn into decent pass rushers that we would take a linebacker off and have Daniels, Jones and Worthy in the game.

Possible. It would still be one of the OLBs though.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, every team would like to have Bowman and Willis as their ILBs. It doesn´t make sense to bring up those big names all the time though, like you do rodell, cause teams don´t let players of that caliber walk away as long as they´re in their primes (just as the Packers would never do with Rodgers).

That´s why I would love the Packers to get Byrd. Talented players like him don´t often hit the open market at the age of 27, and on top of it he would fit our biggest need on the entire roster.

Oh they don't? Ever hear of Reggie white;) But it's not always about big names like I've said before. Unwrap your mind from that please. I've mentioned names like Ted Ginn, Bernard pollard, Dante Whitner, etc which I don't consider " big names" but thank you tho.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh they don't? Ever hear of Reggie white;) But it's not always about big names like I've said before. Unwrap your mind from that please. I've mentioned names like Ted Ginn, Bernard pollard, Dante Whitner, etc which I don't consider " big names" but thank you tho.

I think most teams in the league have figured out by now how to hold on to their superstars as opposed to 1993 (the first year of free agency ever).

If I recall it correctly you´re the guy wanting the Packers to sign every big name free agent or moving up in the draft to this year to get Clowney, Barr and some other guys. Now you´re talking about Bowman and Willis although everyone on this forum knows none of this stuff will ever happen.

Mid-price free agents are a different story as I think TT should consider signing some of them as well, not a big fan of any guy you suggested above though (BTW Pollard has re-signed with the Titans).

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT is anything like Bill Pollard from ESPN he is not going sign anyone with a big price tag...I know we talk about Byrd a lot but I think they are going with someone from in house to fix our safety problem someone that has experience in our defensive scheme . I think you are right the FA market has change since 93. You see teams locking up their best players and building around them. The 9ers ILB why are we even talking about them? The Clowney thing its just fun to talk about. But I think the Pack don't make a big splash on free agency. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

I know we talk about Byrd a lot but I think they are going with someone from in house to fix our safety problem someone that has experience in our defensive scheme.

I really, really hope TT has another plan than to just move Hyde to safety to fix that position.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does anyone here thinks of signing Sproles? Yes or no... Good return man and good RB to relief Lacy.. Just wondering....

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does anyone here thinks of signing Sproles? Yes or no... Good return man and good RB to relief Lacy.. Just wondering....

I'll pass. Already have 2 other opitons in Harris and Franklin.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the twitter reports are correct, that Byrd's price is coming down to $8 per year, Ward 7 and Whitner 6, would anyone not go after Byrd, 1 or 2 mill could be will spend.

D

Deleted member 6794

If the twitter reports are correct, that Byrd's price is coming down to $8 per year, Ward 7 and Whitner 6, would anyone not go after Byrd, 1 or 2 mill could be will spend.

Got a link to a reliable source reporting that Byrd is only asking for $8 million a year???

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the starting price... The bidding will probably take it to 10 to 12 a year. We will see.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That link is also saying the price is scaring a lot of teams off.. 8 mil won't make him the highest paid safety...according to "reports" he wants to be the highest paid safety.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most teams in the league have figured out by now how to hold on to their superstars as opposed to 1993 (the first year of free agency ever).
Reggie was special in more ways than one. The rules applied to FAs did not apply to Reggie (and 3 other players at the time). They are the 4 who sued the NFL that brought about the FA era.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the market for him if softer than possible, this isn't completely out of the question.

If he can be had for $8-$9M, and we have the space, which we do, he is absolutely worth it for that price because he would make a tremendous impact on our defense.

Consider not just the player but who he is replacing. MD Jennings. That's a ridiculous upgrade. Even more if you consider that Byrd would be the FS and Burnett returns to SS where he is better suited.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How About Lamar Woodley, he is only 29 or is he way past his prime to give anything positive?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How About Lamar Woodley, he is only 29 or is he way past his prime to give anything positive?

Aaron Nagler tweeted out yesterday that if he sits out there for a while that he could definitely see TT kicking the tires on him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Aaron Nagler tweeted out yesterday that if he sits out there for a while that he could definitely see TT kicking the tires on him.

I guess though he´ll be signed within minutes of the start of the signing period.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess though he´ll be signed within minutes of the start of the signing period.

Really? I had not seen that. Reading the same about Arthur Jones though to the Colts. As I said yesterday, soooo much BS flying around right now it's hard to believe anything until pen hits paper. I can remember the Steven Jackson rumors about exactly a yr ago and remember being incredibly disapointed when they didn't come true. But now we have Eddie so it's true what they say sometimes, good things come to those who wait.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Just got off of ESPN.GO.COM and almost all other teams are at least expressing some interest to the big names out there.....exept the packers. We have yet to show any interest in anyone worth while. Time to play the waiting game as usual and pick up some scraps and leftovers for basement sale prices.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got off of ESPN.GO.COM and almost all other teams are at least expressing some interest to the big names out there.....exept the packers. We have yet to show any interest in anyone worth while. Time to play the waiting game as usual and pick up some scraps and leftovers for basement sale prices.

Does this surprise you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts