1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jairus Bryd

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by thequick12, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    What if Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Andrew Luck doesn't stay healthy?

2. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    Man 6 years 54 million 28 million guaranteed seems like a bargain for such a proven play maker when you consider shields got 4 years 39.5 million 15 million guaranteed. Just shy of 10 million per for shields and 9 million per for Byrd i don't understand why you would choose Shields for a million more per year especially when Verner could have been had for 4 years 26 million 14 million guaranteed. And he is generally considered to be a better corner than Shields. idK hopefully TT hits on somebody in the draft.

3. Pack....man!!!

Pack....man!!! Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Whats ur point? I am not worry about other teams.... Our defense is terrible and needs fixing. Now I am only a fan obviously, i am speaking without knowing the inner workings of running a franchise unlike alot of the people that post here..the Pack should of gone after Byrd but whatever... I guess we can always extend an offer to MD Jennings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Shields is their own guy...Someone they know and have dealt with every day....The part of keep your own players we always hear about

5. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    BS... I saw a guy working at the local Starbucks that I guarantee will be a STUD FS in this league. NOBODY else in the league even knows about this guy. His name is Carl. We are going to sign him. And pay him the league minimum. He will fix our safety situation. I've done this before. I know it works....

..............Whatever.

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    You questioned what if Rodgers doesnt stay healthy..

His reply was what if Manning goes down in Denver---Or Brady in NE...

Logical answer is that those teams would be in same boat as the Packers if they lost Rodgers..

7. Pack....man!!!

Pack....man!!! Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree,....up sh** creek. I will always love the Pack though, through the good and the bad. I am looking forward to the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
    12 million (not 15) guaranteed and 28 million guaranteed is comparable?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    Seems like we've missed on many of our recent defensive draft picks- all the attrition to our scouting department in recent years has taken its toll.

It also feels like there's a disconnect between the defensive coaching staff and the front office: we aren't selecting the right personnel for our scheme and I think Capers bears at least some responsibility for that. The "Capers is a victim of poor personnel decisions by TT" narrative strikes me as a bit naive.

10. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Of course TT does nothing. Depend on Rodgers to save the defense and his job . Call it bashing him, hating on him I don't care the defense is going to be garbage again mark words ...and his supporters will blame injuries like always. Houston goes to the dang bears and that helps their defense! Our defense still lacks playmakers opposite of. Clay. Can't believe the Effin guy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Every single year LT. every year. 1st day of FA the forum blows up in anger. Remember when it was that we werent more like the JETs and the eagles?

12. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396

Yeah the Shields deal looks really really good now after seeing Talib deal.

13. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    I think you all put way to much thought into this. Weather it's good or bad, Ted is a very principled man who believes 100% in draft and develop. He will never ever ever go after players whom he will have to compete with other teams to get.It's not in his make up.

It's not that he's relying on AR to get him into the playoffs...it's that to him draft and develop is the only viable way to compete long term in the salary cap era.

I disagree with that idea...but it us his reality and it won't change. People shouldn't get worked up about his lack of involvement in free agency...it is never going to happen. Just gotta live with it.

14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    I know--and have some now stating that its one and done in the playoffs

15. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
    Anybody have any examples of a first day big name free agent making a team a lot better? (Non-QB since obviously the Packers don't need one of those.)

16. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Majority of fans would like to see some help from free agency..But we also know with Ted it shouldnt be expected. To get upset at Ted's normal free agency approach seems unnecessary

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    duh, just look at the Redskins, Jets, and Eagles trophy cases over the past decade.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Can't they at least show interest in someone?! I mean come on. I'm not really surprised and kind of knew probably nothing was going to happen as far as signing any talent this off season but for christ sake I am sick of getting s**t on by the damn 49ers or Giants every playoffs due to the fact our defense sucks. Drafting guys obviously isn't working. Sign someone to stop the bleeding! We are wasting Rodgers prime years with this piss poor d. I love the Pack, but man this is frustrating.

19. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    Agreed. It would be nice. As long as this is a playoff team (even if that's mostly because of AR) nothing is going to change. So why stress about it.

IMO gotta hope we get hot in the post season like in 2010. I don't think this will be a top seeded team for a while...until the d can be fixed.

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
  21. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    Yeah this is like last year when everyone wanted to sign Steven Jackson. That would of been great right. Instead we got the best young running back in the NFL. Big name Free agent pick up's rarely make a difference. What would everyone on here say next year if Cobb and Nelson were lost because of reckless spending. We wouldn't hear the end of it.

22. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
    We're the ONLY team to be in the playoffs for the most consecutive years, the ONLY team to win the NFC North the last three years, and 1 of 4 to win it all in the last four seasons.

But apparently, not doing much in free agency makes all that not matter...

When we stop winning, I'll start calling out Ted for his philosophy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Again, what is interest to you? How do you know they havent talked to agents to get a gauge?

Few years back, everyone one wanted Lavar Arrington, we had people so pissed off at Ted for not even calling his agent...All the while, Lavar was IN Green Bay doing a tour of the stadium

That just is one instance where they do not let info get leaked...

24. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
  25. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    It was day one of free agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.