Jairus Bryd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.... no.... but I can always hope that daddy warbucks might just surprise us and sign a half way decent FA

As Tom Silverstein said "Thompson picks his spots, then spends" he's going to do what he always does... let the dust settle and reassess the remains.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Picking the bones didn't work worth a crap last time.... guys came and went quietly, probably because their name(s) held no value.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been reported that Byrd is seeking 9 million per on a long term deal with around half of it guaranteed. So he likely would sign with Green Bay for less per year than we just resigned Shields for. And he would defiantly sign for the same thing Shields got 4 years 39.5 million. Which would be money very well spent and still leave plenty of cap space to extend Nelson and Cobb while filling holes on Dline and at ILB through the draft.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To whoever asked about sporles, I would rather sign Devine Hester for 1.5 million a year on a two year deal than sproles for 3 million a year. I think Hester is a better return man and that's what we need a full time returner who makes other teams worried when they kick to him because he is a threat to score every time they do.

D

Deleted member 6794

Seems like Browns are getting close to a deal with Donte Whitner, thought they would be a perfect fit for Byrd as Pettine was his DC in Buffalo.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been reported that Byrd is seeking 9 million per on a long term deal with around half of it guaranteed. So he likely would sign with Green Bay for less per year than we just resigned Shields for. And he would defiantly sign for the same thing Shields got 4 years 39.5 million. Which would be money very well spent and still leave plenty of cap space to extend Nelson and Cobb while filling holes on Dline and at ILB through the draft.

It was also reported Shields wanted only $24 million over four years so I wouldn't take too much stock into this report about Byrd.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Whitner reportedly just received $7 per... That doesn't bode well for anyone looking to sign Byrd

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's too much for Whitner. Not sure if it will push the Byrd market over $10M.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that might be bad for him because he hasn't obviously gotten an offer. Two safeties have been signed two that were supposedly not as good as Byrd.. So i guess we will see. Demarcus Ware has also been released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This forum should use the first day of free agency to go offline and perform maintenance!

(That's a joke due to the lack of free agency news related to the Packers.)

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know hey, Byrd still out there though so its still a slim...very slim chance..

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are also saying Finley is visiting Seattle.

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is still on the board..man the Browns are buying themselves a championship. Starting to remind me of the Eagles a few years back.

raj34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji is still on the board..man the Browns are buying themselves a championship. Starting to remind me of the Eagles a few years back.

I'm praying somebody somewhere signs raji.

Considering his level of play in a contract year, imagine his level of motivation if he has to come back to the packers with his tail between his legs and take on double teams so Brad Jones and AJ Hawk can flow to the ball.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So obviously Byrd not happening...it's just not happening people lol.

So who are the FA safeties that could be had at more reasonable prices that Ted would look at?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So obviously Byrd not happening...it's just not happening people lol.

So who are the FA safeties that could be had at more reasonable prices that Ted would look at?

Byrd visiting the Saints idk how in the hell they plan to sign him

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That the first thing i thought of... Saints they are 2mil under the cap..i am still holding out hope for Byrd... Lol..

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well all the Safeties are been signed left and right... So maybe Chuck Cecil ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts