Is anyone else sick of seeing the Patriots in the superbowl?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about that 98 year old in Boston who had no team until the late 50/early 60's then got a team, maybe he's sick of us winning 13 NFL Championships? As to the OP I hate it being one team from a whole conference yes, but seriously, to be the man you gotta beat the man, and until someone can consistently do it they're the man.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
One QB played most of his career before the 2004 rule change when defending the pass ... the other has never played against defenders who were allowed to Seriously bump receivers ...

That wasn't difficult ... all though I understand younger posters not knowing how that rule enforcement Seriously altered the passing game ... not to mention the "Brady-rule" from 2006 ...

:p

But that is a discussion for another thread and time as I believe we've hi-jacked the thread LOL
Your argument is weak.

Since 2005, his season totals in interceptions in order: 29, 18, 15, 22, 7, 19. One great season in '09. The most Rodgers has thrown in a season is 13, second most is 11, and other than that, single digits.

There is absolutely zero correlation in Favre's interception numbers being effected by rule changes.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about that 98 year old in Boston who had no team until the late 50/early 60's then got a team, maybe he's sick of us winning 13 NFL Championships? As to the OP I hate it being one team from a whole conference yes, but seriously, to be the man you gotta beat the man, and until someone can consistently do it they're the man.
That doesn't mean I can't be sick of them...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Your argument is weak.

Since 2005, his season totals in interceptions in order: 29, 18, 15, 22, 7, 19. One great season in '09. The most Rodgers has thrown in a season is 13, second most is 11, and other than that, single digits.

There is absolutely zero correlation in Favre's interception numbers being effected by rule changes.

We all know how highly you regard Rodgers ... in your opinion its never Rodgers fault ...

You forgot to include the Packers team stats - the seasons with 29 and 22 ints were also incidently the season the Pack went 4-12 ... and 9-7 ... - Favre wasn't afraid to go all in in Trying to win, he'd rather throw it than take the sack ... some times too much, whereas Rodgers prefers to take the sack rather than chance it too often ...

Again, I'm not saying Rodgers isn't a good QB ... he is AMONG the Best Yes, but he is NOT the Best as many of you claim ... :rolleyes:. I highly doubt (as seen often when the Pack is getting Way behind) Rodgers would have been able to lead his team back from the Abyss as We Saw Brady do in The super Bowl (Yes Brady didn't do it alone, but he was a Leader) ...

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trying to win, he'd rather throw it than take the sack ... some times too much, whereas Rodgers prefers to take the sack rather than chance it too often ...

Honestly, I'm not convinced of that argument at all. Unless it is 3rd down, you can always recover from a sack...so why risk an INT? You'll never win if you keep risking INTs. And Rodgers doesn't always play safe. He walks the edge and makes accurate throws against overlapping coverage.

Don't want to make this into a Favre vs Rodgers borefest, but imo they are simply 2 different ways of playing the game and both players have proved it's equally successful.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, after watching the 2016 season it´s ludicrous to suggest Rodgers is to blame for the Packers not winning the Super Bowl. Unfortunately that is true for most of the past six seasons.
You can pretty much lay the blame of this team only making the SB once during the AR era at the feet of the defense...

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can pretty much lay the blame of this team only making the SB once during the AR era at the feet of the defense...

Pretty much true, but the only two games they lost in the 2011 season, that incredible scoring offense came up with 14 and 20 points, knowing what kind of D they were protecting.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pretty much true, but the only two games they lost in the 2011 season, that incredible scoring offense came up with 14 and 20 points, knowing what kind of D they were protecting.

While that's true it's further prove that the defense hasn't been able to pick up the slack in a lot of games once the offense struggled since 2010.

Members online

Latest posts