Is anyone else sick of seeing the Patriots in the superbowl?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Name one other team in the league that Brady could have carried to the Super Bowl. Now name one team that Rodgers could have. Shee-it put Rodgers on the Browns and they play in the division round of the playoffs. Minnesota, Denver, Dullass, Washington, Seattle?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Name one other team in the league that Brady could have carried to the Super Bowl. Now name one team that Rodgers could have. Shee-it put Rodgers on the Browns and they play in the division round of the playoffs. Minnesota, Denver, Dullass, Washington, Seattle?

It amazes me some ppl in here always use the argument that its "A team effort" to win a SB ... except when talking about Rodgers ...

Come on ! Rodgers would go nowhere on the Browns ... Just like - in all likelyhood - had Rodgers been drafted by the 49'ers, and not the Packers, most likely We wouldn't even be talking about him as a "Great QB" ...

D

Deleted member 6794

It amazes me some ppl in here always use the argument that its "A team effort" to win a SB ... except when talking about Rodgers ...

Come on ! Rodgers would go nowhere on the Browns ... Just like - in all likelyhood - had Rodgers been drafted by the 49'ers, and not the Packers, most likely We wouldn't even be talking about him as a "Great QB" ...

There's no doubt that winning the Super Bowl in 2010 was a team effort.

I'm absolutely convinced that Rodgers would have become an elite quarterback with almost every other team as wel.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers is the perfect example of how winning SBs is a team effort...he's consistently the best QB in the league almost every year, and yet GB has only made it to one SB with him as the QB...if that doesn't prove it's a team effort, I don't know what does...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady would not have had even close to the success he's had without Bilichick...

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone ever disputed that? Marriage made in heaven. Somewhat like a Packer combo from the '60s.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Rodgers is the perfect example of how winning SBs is a team effort...he's consistently the best QB in the league almost every year, and yet GB has only made it to one SB with him as the QB...if that doesn't prove it's a team effort, I don't know what does...

I agree that Rodgers is AMONG the Best QBs regularly, however, Rodgers isn't "The Best" almost every year ... that Depends on which stat/stats you are Looking at .. yet Looking across the board an argument could be made otherwise ...

Funny, how things turn out ... Years ago when Favre was leaving, the Packers didn't win because of Favre, even though We were many who argued it wasn't all on him, yet when it comes to Rodgers, its ONLY because of him the Packers are even in contention ...

I've repeatedly said Belichick is a greater reason than Brady for NE's succes's, but you really Cannot discount the skill and dedication from Brady and his part of NE's succes's though ... Those 2 have been the only Constant really on an ever changing Patriots Roster ...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
There's no doubt that winning the Super Bowl in 2010 was a team effort.

I'm absolutely convinced that Rodgers would have become an elite quarterback with almost every other team as wel.

Highly doubtful Rodgers would have made the 49'ers a contender back when he was drafted ... remember how Rodgers looked in 2008 ? - the 49'ers in 2005 went 4-12 and 7-9 in 2006 ... incidently the 49'ers went 5-11 in 2007 and 7-9 again in 2008 ...

D

Deleted member 6794

Funny, how things turn out ... Years ago when Favre was leaving, the Packers didn't win because of Favre, even though We were many who argued it wasn't all on him, yet when it comes to Rodgers, its ONLY because of him the Packers are even in contention ...

Taking a look at the 2016 season I don´t understand why any Packers fan would disagree with Rodgers being the only reason the team made it to the NFCCG.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Taking a look at the 2016 season I don´t understand why any Packers fan would disagree with Rodgers being the only reason the team made it to the NFCCG.

Rodgers was part of it ... and not the sole reason imo ... just as Rodgers was partly to blame for the slow start aswell ...

- and this is from a Packer fan since 1995 ...

D

Deleted member 6794

Highly doubtful Rodgers would have made the 49'ers a contender back when he was drafted ... remember how Rodgers looked in 2008 ? - the 49'ers in 2005 went 4-12 and 7-9 in 2006 ... incidently the 49'ers went 5-11 in 2007 and 7-9 again in 2008 ...

Rodgers threw for over 4,000 yards in his first season as a starter with 28 TDs and 13 INTs for a rating of 93.8. The Niners never had a quarterback even close to being as good during the time frame you mentioned.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Rodgers threw for over 4,000 yards in his first season as a starter with 28 TDs and 13 INTs for a rating of 93.8. The Niners never had a quarterback even close to being as good during the time frame you mentioned.

Yet the Packers went 6-10 ...

Shaun Hill and JT Osullivan combined for 3700+ yds and 22 td / 19 ints for the 49'ers ... My point being ... most Upper echelon QBs Numbers were through the roof ...

D

Deleted member 6794

That's funny ... because I think this years Atlanta defense was ranked 25th or something in points scored ... :rolleyes:

What is your point??? It took the eighth best scoring offense in league history to get them to 11-5. Did you truly expect Rodgers during his first year as a starter to put up numbers like that???

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
What is your point??? It took the eighth best scoring offense in league history to get them to 11-5. Did you truly expect Rodgers during his first year as a starter to put up numbers like that???

My point being, despite some posters penchant for annoiting Rodgers GoaT or close, he is far from that - yet ... He is still a part (large part) of a team, and just as accountable for the good aswell as the bad ... especially when he - despite - putting up good, statistical Numbers, actually performs, Plays and leads his team "badly" ...

D

Deleted member 6794

My point being, despite some posters penchant for annoiting Rodgers GoaT or close, he is far from that - yet ... He is still a part (large part) of a team, and just as accountable for the good aswell as the bad ... especially when he - despite - putting up good, statistical Numbers, actually performs, Plays and leads his team "badly" ...

Once again, after watching the 2016 season it´s ludicrous to suggest Rodgers is to blame for the Packers not winning the Super Bowl. Unfortunately that is true for most of the past six seasons.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Once again, after watching the 2016 season it´s ludicrous to suggest Rodgers is to blame for the Packers not winning the Super Bowl. Unfortunately that is true for most of the past six seasons.

I'm not blaming Rodgers for not winning the SB ... I know he has played well, however, Rodgers was also in some part responsible for not being able to sustain drives vs Atlanta thus not giving an already decimated defense some rest ...

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not blaming Rodgers for not winning the SB ... I know he has played well, however, Rodgers was also in some part responsible for not being able to sustain drives vs Atlanta thus not giving an already decimated defense some rest ...

It wasn´t Rodgers fault that Crosby missed a field goal, Ripkowski fumbled the ball and receivers dropped several balls. But he was the main reason the Packers even made it that far.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Let's see. One quarterback threw the most interceptions in the history of the NFL, the other quarterback has the best TD to INT ratio in the history of the NFL.

This isn't difficult.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Let's see. One quarterback threw the most interceptions in the history of the NFL, the other quarterback has the best TD to INT ratio in the history of the NFL.

This isn't difficult.

One QB played most of his career before the 2004 rule change when defending the pass ... the other has never played against defenders who were allowed to Seriously bump receivers ...

That wasn't difficult ... all though I understand younger posters not knowing how that rule enforcement Seriously altered the passing game ... not to mention the "Brady-rule" from 2006 ...

:p

But that is a discussion for another thread and time as I believe we've hi-jacked the thread LOL

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope I'm not tired of seeing the patriots, it should make you mad at your own organization for not having their crap together.

D

Deleted member 6794

One QB played most of his career before the 2004 rule change when defending the pass ... the other has never played against defenders who were allowed to Seriously bump receivers ...

That wasn't difficult ... all though I understand younger posters not knowing how that rule enforcement Seriously altered the passing game ... not to mention the "Brady-rule" from 2006 ...

Yet Rodgers is the most efficient passer in the league since becoming the starter while Favre was only ranked 16th in overall passer rating from 1991-2010.

Members online

Latest posts