Head Coach interviews thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well an interview couldn't hurt. Plus, if he is hired by Atlanta, and they have another losing season, who do you think will succeed Quinn?
A sign of intelligence is just to admit you were wrong and move on.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm bilingual. I speak proper English and have to write in American too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A better sign of intelligence is to accept that opinions may differ from yours....
:whistling:

If your opinion is that because the Seahawks were officially eliminated and now the Packers can go after Bevell as HC.....have at it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Check my posts. I answered this from another person.

Yup I did.

So if the Bears get eliminated today, would you find it silly for me to say "With Chicago getting knocked out today, I think Green Bay should go after Marc Trestman for OC."?

Do you see how the 2 facts don't connect?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup I did.

So if the Bears get eliminated today, would you find it silly for me to say "With Chicago getting knocked out today, I think Green Bay should go after Marc Trestman for OC."?

Do you see how the 2 facts don't connect?

Que? LOL.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well an interview couldn't hurt. Plus, if he is hired by Atlanta, and they have another losing season, who do you think will succeed Quinn?

To answer this first question, I'm thinking one more losing season for Dan Quinn and him and his entire coaching staff including Bevell (if hired as OC) probably gets kicked out. The Falcons usually don't appoint successors within house and wouldn't this time unless Ryan and Julio returned to 2016 form or something and lost every game cuz their defense stunk.

To be fair, I like your thinking on thinking outside the box and not just going with HC candidates everyone knows. But Bevell has not really been a model of inspired coaching or running offenses that are ahead of their time. There are dark horses out there that are running defenses and offenses who get overlooked because of all the media favorites, but I wouldn't consider Bevell to be one of them.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I kind assumed that Bevell would be a natural OC choice if they hired Kris Richard, but they don't seem to be interested in interviewing either.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Bevell have success in Seattle? 2 Championship runs and 1 Super Bowl win?

Problem is a couple things:

1. Those were in the days of the legion of boom defense. Offense was decent, but having that defense on the other side helped.

2. Much of the success the offense did have came from having Marshawn Lynch in his prime

Bevell has had some good years in his day because he happened to be the man calling the plays for Minny in 2009 when both Favre and Peterson were there, and then again in Seattle when they had the top defense with Lynch and a scrambling QB plus Harvin for a while to make his job easier. He's had problems sustaining decent offenses when losing key personnel and good reason why teams have fired him 2x already.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To answer this first question, I'm thinking one more losing season for Dan Quinn and him and his entire coaching staff including Bevell (if hired as OC) probably gets kicked out. The Falcons usually don't appoint successors within house and wouldn't this time unless Ryan and Julio returned to 2016 form or something and lost every game cuz their defense stunk.

To be fair, I like your thinking on thinking outside the box and not just going with HC candidates everyone knows. But Bevell has not really been a model of inspired coaching or running offenses that are ahead of their time. There are dark horses out there that are running defenses and offenses who get overlooked because of all the media favorites, but I wouldn't consider Bevell to be one of them.

Fair enough. Although, it wasn't the offense that sunk this season or past seasons, including the Super Bowl loss. Quinn is supposed to be a defensive coach. The defense hasn't performed under his watch. If he fails, might make more sense to hand the reins to an offensive minded coach and play to the strengths of the team. IMO.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is a couple things:

1. Those were in the days of the legion of boom defense. Offense was decent, but having that defense on the other side helped.

2. Much of the success the offense did have came from having Marshawn Lynch in his prime

Bevell has had some good years in his day because he happened to be the man calling the plays for Minny in 2009 when both Favre and Peterson were there, and then again in Seattle when they had the top defense with Lynch and a scrambling QB plus Harvin for a while to make his job easier. He's had problems sustaining decent offenses when losing key personnel and good reason why teams have fired him 2x already.

Key personnel...like a good O-line? Hard to scheme around bad players protecting the franchise QB.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears McDaniels wants the Cleveland Browns job. He's very excited to interview with them. That's fine. I've cooled on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts