Head Coach interviews thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Detroit would rather Caldwell back than that guy that was good under Bill over in NE.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the Rooney rule is moronic there are plenty of good black head coaching candidates out there over the years who were never considered because they were black. I just hate the fact that instwad of interviewing a real canadate the interview Caldwell and that is a joke there are plenty of good black potential coaches out there.

This is why I wanted Bieniemy here because he is one of them. I actually think Caldwell isn't that bad either, or at least he's better than Marvin Lewis. Lewis is by far the only black coach I do have a problem with cuz he wasted some Superbowl talent Bengal rosters by single-handedly losing playoff games.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As if I couldn’t understand what was going on around here before

H

HardRightEdge

Per Demovsky, the first round of interviews is done and the team will convene tomorrow to decide who comes back for 2nd interviews. This would obviously mean that the list of candidates is complete. Here it is:
  1. Jim Caldwell, Former DET HC
  2. Chuck Pagano, Former IND HC
  3. Joe Philbin, Interim GB HC
  4. Josh McDaniels, NE OC
  5. Brian Flores, NE DC
  6. Dan Campbell, NO TE/AHC
  7. Pete Carmichael, NO OC
  8. Todd Monken, TB OC
  9. Matt LaFleur, TEN OC
  10. Mike Munchak, PIT OL
  11. Adam Gase, Former MIA HC
I believe that's everyone. Pat Fitzgerald turned down the interview, so he would be the 12th candidate (they advertised 12-14). Given how wide of a net they're casting, I can't figure out why they aren't even talking to Eric Bieniemy or Kris Richard.
It's still possible they will add first interviews from playoff teams that did not have a first round bye. By rule, those guys could not be interviewed through yesterday. The body is still warm on 4 of those teams where a name might emerge this week; the coaches on yesterday's winning teams still cannot be interviewed by rule and won't be eligible until those teams lose or make it to the pre-Super Bowl off week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's still possible they will add first interviews from teams that did not have a first round byes. By rule, those guys could not be interviewed through yesterday. The body is still warm on 4 of those teams where a name might emerge this week; the coaches on yesterday's winning teams still cannot be interviewed by rule and won't be eligible until those teams lose or make it to the pre-Super Bowl off week.

Vic Fangio is going to get some attention. I think the Dolphins have already scheduled a meeting with him. Hard to ignore what he has done with the Bears defense, but is that due to his coaching or to having a lot of talented players to coach? Don't know enough about the guy to know if he is HC material?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's still possible they will add first interviews from teams that did not have a first round byes. By rule, those guys could not be interviewed through yesterday. The body is still warm on 4 of those teams where a name might emerge this week; the coaches on yesterday's winning teams still cannot be interviewed by rule and won't be eligible until those teams lose or make it to the pre-Super Bowl off week.

I would be all for more candidates.

I guess the notable names would be:
  • Nick Sirianni, Colts OC
  • Matt Eberflus, Colts DC
  • Ken Whisenhunt, Chargers OC
  • Gus Bradley, Chargers DC
  • Don Martindale, Ravens DC
  • Greg Roman, Ravens TE/AHC
  • Vic Fangio, Bears DC
  • Jim Schwartz, Eagles DC
I wouldn't mind at all if they talked to some of these guys-- especially Fangio, Eberflus, and Roman.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Vic Fangio is going to get some attention. I think the Dolphins have already scheduled a meeting with him. Hard to ignore what he has done with the Bears defense, but is that due to his coaching or to having a lot of talented players to coach? Don't know enough about the guy to know if he is HC material?

Barring a trade for John Harbaugh, Fangio is rumored to be the favorite for the Broncos job.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's being reported that Bruce Arians could be announced as the new head coach of the Bucs as soon as tomorrow. I would have loved that hire in Green Bay.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Barring a trade for John Harbaugh, Fangio is rumored to be the favorite for the Broncos job.
Sounds like Fangio declined an interview with Miami and has only 1 scheduled (so far) and that is with the Broncos.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sounds like Fangio declined an interview with Miami and has only 1 scheduled (so far) and that is with the Broncos.

Ben Allbright said he's a very unique personality type and not a fit with everyone, which is why he's gone so long without getting serious HC looks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ben Allbright said he's a very unique personality type and not a fit with everyone, which is why he's gone so long without getting serious HC looks.

Yup, something just doesn't look right to me.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts