Head Coach interviews thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaks volumes because I never thought I'd see a black HC in Green Bay, but I think he's not necessarily the right answer.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This process better end a hell of a lot better than its starting.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This process better end a hell of a lot better than its starting.
Amen to that.

Also as unlikely as this may be I WOULDN'T mind the thought of Lovie Smith being interviewed.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just announced Chuck pagano as well. As an Indy resident... Hard no to both. Not what the team needs.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of the previous coaches in Indy are available and better options: Dungy and Arians. Would love Arians even with his age.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like they can interview coaches that are still working.

We got the Rooney Rule and a couple practice interviews. There is no reason for anybody to be worried about this.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True that Caldwell could just be the Rooney Rule.

I'd go with Pagano over Caldwell but still nah.

We'll have to wait til the end of this week to probably see the serious candidates.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol at people complaining about this. Jfc they didn't hire them...

Relax

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I doubt they would be interviewing guys for the DC and OC jobs, without the new HC being involved, but Pagano (DC) and Caldwell (OC) only make sense in those 2 positions and I'm not so sure I would want either of them as coordinators either.

Guessing the decision is still a few weeks out. Most of the obvious candidates are still coaching, whether its in the NFL or at the College level.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't be in favor of the Packers hiring either Caldwell or Pagano as their next head coach. As several other posters have pointed out there's no reason to worry about that happening though as the team isn't allowed to interview coaches who are working for a team currently still playing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Speaks volumes because I never thought I'd see a black HC in Green Bay, but I think he's not necessarily the right answer.

For some reason, I find this statement strangely disturbing. Is there some reason a black coach would be a problem ?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, I find this statement strangely disturbing. Is there some reason a black coach would be a problem ?

My guess is, and I am not speaking for them is that based on the population levels of African Americans in green bay/Wisconsin it just wouldn't have the same feel as a middle class white American coaching the team. Sadly enough its just the way it is. Would we be surprised to see an African American head coach anywhere due to the prominence of white Americans of course, but we would be less surprised if one got hired in Miami or Oakland for example or a hipster coach landed in Seattle. Shame on us for thinking this way, but it's the way society is now whether it be opinion or the constant news feeds and articles we read that spin this topic towards this narrative. With that being said this is a football forum not a sociology forum, continue on with the regularly scheduled programming.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be, I happen to like Caldwell. I don't know about Pagano. Seemed like a hot commodity, then didn't do much. But then he didn't have a QB either to work with. But I'd have to pass on Chuck, and he's white if it matters?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In actuality no. But he'd always be compared to Ray Rhodes, who didn't exactly set a high bar for leadership and control. It would depend more on the comfort level of his family living in an area that is less than 3% black. Blacks are 4th in the minority percentages behind hispanics, native tribal members and hmong/other asians. Whites are just over 80%. The closest area with a significantly higher black ratio would be Milwaukee, about a 2 hour drive from GreenBay. Which is why players that get busted in highway stops are usually someplace in between the two cities.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

In actuality no. But he'd always be compared to Ray Rhodes, who didn't exactly set a high bar for leadership and control. It would depend more on the comfort level of his family living in an area that is less than 3% black. Blacks are 4th in the minority percentages behind hispanics, native tribal members and hmong/other asians. Whites are just over 80%. The closest area with a significantly higher black ratio would be Milwaukee, about a 2 hour drive from GreenBay. Which is why players that get busted in highway stops are usually someplace in between the two cities.

Thanks for the explanation Pop. It just didn't read right. I didn't mean to imply anything sinister. I guess it was a different cultural thing.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at these subpar coaches is a bad look. Caldwell interview was fine just to end the moronic Rooney Rule, but Pagano? Are you ****ing kidding me? A fine candidate will probably be thinking 'these clown shows are interviewing for the job? Maybe this isn't the place for me.'

Take this process seriously Gute and Murphy, you look terrible right now. This is the place where Lombardi coached, not the Cincinnati Bengals. Get your **** together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts