• Nick Sirianni, Colts OC
  • Matt Eberflus, Colts DC
  • Ken Whisenhunt, Chargers OC
  • Gus Bradley, Chargers DC
  • Don Martindale, Ravens DC
  • Greg Roman, Ravens TE/AHC
  • Vic Fangio, Bears DC
  • Jim Schwartz, Eagles DC
I wouldn't mind at all if they talked to some of these guys-- especially Fangio, Eberflus, and Roman.

I once mentioned Sirianni and think he's the dark horse, and what Eberflus has done with a team that's often been berated for not having a good enough defense should also make him noticed.

Whisenhunt I've been clamoring to get interviewed especially with his body of work with fixing old QBs. Fangio also should have his time as HC soon and is one DC I would take. Martindale I don't know about.

Gus Bradley - No. Terrible body of work he had as HC. Schwartz had some decent teams in Detroit but never cleaned up penalties and discipline, and he had the NFC North right on his plate in 2013 and single-handedly threw it away. The man's done. Greg Roman: unimaginative and stale offenses and can't even get work as an OC now, so no way should he ever become a HC.

That about sums it up.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
would like to see him stay in the division.... with us!

Let's see, Holmgren recruited Reggie with a phone call that went something like "Reggie, this God. I want you to come to Green Bay." Murphy could call Boston and say "Belicheck, this is the devil....." :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dang, I liked Bienemy but finding out his past runs with the law... he'd come with baggage.. Idk if thats what we want..
Well, it leaves it. My top picks McDaniels, LaFleur, or someone unknown.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/...rch-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

I guess I read EB's stuff and didn't have much of an issue with most of things he did quite a long time ago. Feels more like a media guy fishing for click bait crap and trying to taint EB's name in the process and I would hesitate to call it "baggage".
  • 1995: Freshman year got into a bar altercation when someone called him a racial slur. I would have been the first to jump in and join his side.
  • Driving record while in college was poor, lost his license.
  • 2001 DUI: I guess this would be about the only "red" flag to me, but given that it was 18 years ago.....meh.
This comment by the writer really bothers me and tells me the writer is just trying to cast bad light on a guy.

"During his two years there, several **** allegations were pressed against Colorado players, and Bieniemy’s time there ended while the school was under investigation."

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, I liked Bienemy but finding out his past runs with the law... he'd come with baggage.. Idk if thats what we want..
Well, it leaves it. My top picks McDaniels, LaFleur, or someone unknown.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/...rch-chiefs-eric-bieniemy-vance-joseph-broncos

Meh, don’t see anything there that would stop me from hiring him. I could see how it would give Murphy some pause though. His history with questionable decision making along with his not being very qualified for a hc gig relative to field and I can see why he didn’t get an interview with us. I don’t see what others do with him. He’s a career RB coach with 1 year as an OC and didn’t even call plays, his body of work is fairly weak for a team like ours imo.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I read EB's stuff and didn't have much of an issue with most of things he did quite a long time ago. Feels more like a media guy fishing for click bait crap and trying to taint EB's name in the process and I would hesitate to call it "baggage".
  • 1995: Freshman year got into a bar altercation when someone called him a racial slur. I would have been the first to jump in and join his side.
  • Driving record while in college was poor, lost his license.
  • 2001 DUI: I guess this would be about the only "red" flag to me, but given that it was 18 years ago.....meh.
This comment by the writer really bothers me and tells me the writer is just trying to cast bad light on a guy.

"During his two years there, several **** allegations were pressed against Colorado players, and Bieniemy’s time there ended while the school was under investigation."
Agree, horse **** journalism at its finest. Glad you summarized so I didn't have to click on that BS

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agree, horse **** journalism at its finest. Glad you summarized so I didn't have to click on that BS
It's one thing to have bad opinions, poor writing style, etc. but when its pretty obvious you are trying to be a character assassin, you better be really careful with your words and the guy who wrote that piece might as well be wearing a Clan hood, disgusting really.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one thing to have bad opinions, poor writing style, etc. but when its pretty obvious you are trying to be a character assassin, you better be really careful with your words and the guy who wrote that piece might as well be wearing a Clan hood, disgusting really.

Not to mention nobody should trust any writers from Cincinnati. Their media is lousy.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are way to quick to make things about race, it’s disgusting really.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have had 15 coaches since their inception. For 100 seasons I think that is amazing.

The Raiders have made 10 coaching changes since 2001. The Browns are about to name there 10th HC since 2001 as well. If the Packers were at that rate, we would be on about #56.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
People are way to quick to make things about race, it’s disgusting really.
Agreed. Although there is one race that I really despise....The Chicago Marathon. Never ever will I travel to Chicago on the day of that race. :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers have had 15 coaches since their inception. For 100 seasons I think that is amazing.

The Raiders have made 10 coaching changes since 2001. The Browns are about to name there 10th HC since 2001 as well. If the Packers were at that rate, we would be on about #56.

Kind of like the # of starting QB's for many teams over the last 24 or so years.

The interesting part about the Packer coaches, once you get past the top 4, there is a pretty substantial drop off:
  1. Lombardi
  2. Lambeau
  3. Holmgren
  4. McCarthy
  5. ???? (Starr, Sherman, Gregg, Bengston)???

NorwegianPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Passing up a Pete Carroll for a Jason Garrett simply because the latter fits some sort of preconceived mold would be highly stupid. Hire the best man for the job.

Pete Carroll is an outlier in the league right now along with Belichick and Dan Quinn. There is no Pete Carroll among the candidates for the job right now.

The last few DCs that got a job as a HC in this league have all been out of jobs within three years. Besides as I said, the new trend is to hire offensive minded coaches which is why a DC even joked recently and said a quality control assistant for McVay has a better chance of getting a HC job than any established DC in the league right now.

So if we have a great DC, there's a higher chance of retaining him versus a great OC.

Look at how the Falcons offense struggled after Shanahan left. Sure statistically they're up there again this season, but their RZ offense still been mediocre which might have cost them some games.

I think they should hire the coach with the highest ceiling which might be McDaniels and Gase right now. No half measures.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished an article at cbssports.com. It sounds like McDaniels really wants the Brown's job.

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BREAKING packers to hire Matt LaFleur as their next head coach. Wow not what I expected

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic Fangio is going to get some attention. I think the Dolphins have already scheduled a meeting with him. Hard to ignore what he has done with the Bears defense, but is that due to his coaching or to having a lot of talented players to coach? Don't know enough about the guy to know if he is HC material?

I'd think he's be getting a lot of attention too. I'm not sure if it is his coaching or the players either but I sure would love it if someone would hire him so we could find out. It would be great if he were to leave and their defense would drop off significantly but sadly I suspect it has a lot to do with the players as well.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BREAKING packers to hire Matt LaFleur as their next head coach. Wow not what I expected

It's about as close to a Mike as they could get without making it seem ridiculous. Josh never really did have a chance if you look at it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts