Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm still ambivalent about Jones due to those "dropsies". I don't like it. He'd better remedy that this season or else hit the bricks. I'm also not thrilled about any possibility of Jolly being back on the team. He's trouble waiting to happen. The team is really in fine shape. Just a little tweak here and a little tweak there and they'll be good to go.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on the drops and so does he apparently from this comment.

Jones on the criticism he gets from fans for drops:
"Those plays I let go last year will definitely get made this year. I don’t blame the fans, I don’t blame the media for getting on me. Those are touchdowns, so it’s well-deserved, but I’m harder on me than anyone else is."

I still think we are better off with him. Driver is on his last legs and I had serious concerns he would make it through the season. Then you have Nelson who has his own dropsies problems, Cobb who is a rookie and Swain who I can't figure out why they signed. Ted did good.

What's this about Jolly??

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're set. We have a piece on offense for every situation.

Want to go 5 wide? We can.
Want to go 2 TE? We can.
Want to go Inverted Wishbone? We can.

Kuhn was the missing piece, the 3rd down back/goalline back. Starks may have been capable of filling that hole, but Kuhn is proven and very capable.

Best offense in the league, and possibly best offense in Packers history.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn will reportedly become one of the highest paid fullbacks thanks to the contract, which isn't surprising given his ability to pass block and contribute as a runner and receiver. woohoo

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully they didnt spend too much. I know there wasnt much of a market for Kuhn

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing Jolly has a great chance at being back. The prosecutors and courts didn't seem to think there was much evidence or anything serious about what Jolly did. If there was any substantial evidence or thought of serious drug possession, no way would either the Judge or prosecution agree to such a light sentence. The NFL as of now gives a lot of deference to the legal system, and being out of football for a year (even with the second arrest-which was not found to be serious as mentioned above), will probably reinstate them. The Packers are willing to give second chances. Jolly did his punishment. He's a great player on the field. Was away last year. I guy they can definitely use on that line for depth. This is pretty much the reasoning I'm getting from people I'm talking to. I'd say greater than a 60% chance he'll be back.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
better than 62?

Yes. That team had 29.6 PPG. I fully expect this one to score 30+. Now, regarding era and difficulty os schedule, I can't make that comparison, but strickly numbers, yes, this will be the best offense.

That's not to say that the team will be better. After all, we are talking about the best team in the history of the NFL.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
From what I'm hearing Jolly has a great chance at being back. The prosecutors and courts didn't seem to think there was much evidence or anything serious about what Jolly did. If there was any substantial evidence or thought of serious drug possession, no way would either the Judge or prosecution agree to such a light sentence. The NFL as of now gives a lot of deference to the legal system, and being out of football for a year (even with the second arrest-which was not found to be serious as mentioned above), will probably reinstate them. The Packers are willing to give second chances. Jolly did his punishment. He's a great player on the field. Was away last year. I guy they can definitely use on that line for depth. This is pretty much the reasoning I'm getting from people I'm talking to. I'd say greater than a 60% chance he'll be back.

He had his second chance with the Pack. After the first problem they told him to stay away from certain people. He was arrested with the very people the Management told him to stay away from on the second shot. It's time to jettison him. What if he takes the spot away from a young guy who can really produce and then 3 games into the season gets busted again? The Packers shouldn't pay for his irresponsibility. It sound tough. But this is a tough business.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I woke up this morning feeling a little depressed that we may lose both James Jones and Kuhn to another team. I didn't expect us to re-sign both, but very happy that we did. It looks like the Eagles will need to pickup some more defensive backs to counter our multi-threat of Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, Finley, Cobb, etc. :happy0005:

I can also buy my Kuhn jersey now that he is back in the fold.

We just need now to add some depth at ILB and DE and we are all set.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope it works out and he doesn't have any regrets. Ted took a gamble at OT year before last and it didn't work out so well.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about Jenkins departure. He missed a number of games the past three seasons due to injury. Even when he was playing one had to wonder what the dings and dents were doing to him. He did produce decently for the Packers, but I wonder if he isn't near the end. If the Eagles get a good full season out of him, more power to them. But I think being close to the situation helped TT see the decline coming.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether it was Jenkins or someone else we need another DE. We're 5 deep on the DL right now. Green, Raji, Pickett, Neal and CJ Wilson. No I don't think Wynn makes us 6 deep. At this point this is the only position on the team that concerns me. Well maybe ILB a little.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Whether it was Jenkins or someone else we need another DE. We're 5 deep on the DL right now. Green, Raji, Pickett, Neal and CJ Wilson. No I don't think Wynn makes us 6 deep. At this point this is the only position on the team that concerns me. Well maybe ILB a little.

Don't forget, Wolf wasn't working with a Capers defense either. I'm sure things will be fine. Each team only has so much money to spend. That's the idea behind a cap. So there are always going to be areas where a team can't have "total" depth. You work with what you've got.

Go back to the Eagles for a minute. They might have a bunch of new big names, but with all that cap money used on the names, what happens when several of the names get injured? Ouch. I'd rather see Ted's approach, use the money on youth and build and develop what you have.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget, Wolf wasn't working with a Capers defense either. I'm sure things will be fine. Each team only has so much money to spend. That's the idea behind a cap. So there are always going to be areas where a team can't have "total" depth. You work with what you've got.

Go back to the Eagles for a minute. They might have a bunch of new big names, but with all that cap money used on the names, what happens when several of the names get injured? Ouch. I'd rather see Ted's approach, use the money on youth and build and develop what you have.

So what does Wolf have to do with the current situation??? Or the Eagles for that matter?? The point is we are periously thin at DL in my opinion. We saw how those big guys go down with injuries last year. The depth on the DL needs to be addressed.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So what does Wolf have to do with the current situation??? Or the Eagles for that matter?? The point is we are periously thin at DL in my opinion. We saw how those big guys go down with injuries last year. The depth on the DL needs to be addressed.

The link you posted was based on the idea that Wolf regretted his mistake back then and it implied that TT might be making the same mistake. But the factors the articles don't link in are cap rules Wolf didn't have to face and his defense was different.

Members online

Latest posts