Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you cut our special teams ace and captain for a DL backup?

I dunno man... I know Bush has had his moments, but he also came through a couple times last season, including a pick in the Super Bowl. And he's a beast on Special Teams. Doesn't seem like a good trade off.

Really a special teamer for a guy that even Raji and Pickett didn't want to leave?? Oh my God Bush made one play in his entire career in the Super Bowl and you are seriously touting him? :Heristical:Yep, I'll take a guy who takes at least three times as many snaps a game as as a special teams guy. :rotfl:
Packers have several candidates to plug Jenkins' spot - JSOnline

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think he only has made one play his entire career I guess you dont follow the packers. Try watching special teams some time.

He's good at special teams but any time he has been in the backfield he has been toast. So I'm guessing you also think he is more important than a DE. If so you haven't watched Jenkins play. His teamates say he is the best inside pass rusher in the game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard enough to have good ST with the guys we have, if you cut the best one of them (next to Masthay), it's really, really hard.

I've hated on Bush for quite a while now. The guy earned his spot in this roster.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The issue isn't whether he deserves a spot on the roster. I was adrresing the post that someone thinks we are better off having him than Jenkins. I'll take Jenkins who as I said you get more snaps and plays from. And the reason is not only his play but were I started. We are thin at DL.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's good at special teams but any time he has been in the backfield he has been toast. So I'm guessing you also think he is more important than a DE. If so you haven't watched Jenkins play. His teamates say he is the best inside pass rusher in the game.

So he didn't pick the ball off in the Super Bowl? Must have been someone else then.

We have plenty of DL and depth at that position. It is not a position of need.

Besides, no one on this forum has any idea what kind of scheme Capers plans to employ this season. For all we know, he could be planning running a bunch of 2-4-5 packages, or even some 1-5-5 packages. Neither of which would require us to keep that many DL on the roster. Put another way, I trust he knows what he's doing with his personnel more so than anyone on a Packer forum.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The issue isn't whether he deserves a spot on the roster. I was adrresing the post that someone thinks we are better off having him than Jenkins. I'll take Jenkins who as I said you get more snaps and plays from. And the reason is not only his play but were I started. We are thin at DL.

DL is NOT a position of NEED. Sorry man, but as much as you would like it to be, it isn't.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he didn't pick the ball off in the Super Bowl? Must have been someone else then.

We have plenty of DL and depth at that position. It is not a position of need.

Besides, no one on this forum has any idea what kind of scheme Capers plans to employ this season. For all we know, he could be planning running a bunch of 2-4-5 packages, or even some 1-5-5 packages. Neither of which would require us to keep that many DL on the roster. Put another way, I trust he knows what he's doing with his personnel more so than anyone on a Packer forum.

Where did I say he didn't pick off a pass in the Super Bowl. Where's the depth? I see us 5 deep. So you are saying we can get through the year on these 2-4-5 packages and 1-5-5 packages with what I see as five guys. And what if one of the 5 gets hurt. Do you remember last year when Pickett, Neal and Jenkins lost significant playing time?

Don't turn this into a Ted love thing when someone brings up what he sees as a lack of depth at the position.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DL is NOT a position of NEED. Sorry man, but as much as you would like it to be, it isn't.

Yes it is and as many times as you say it isn't it doesn't change my opinion. Sorry but anyone who thinks a special teams guy is more important than a DE that his players wanted back...well.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are you turning this into Bush or Jenkins? Its not like that. Bush is a captain, has been one of the hardest workers on the team, and when called upon in the SB had several key plays that helped win the game. That pick he had was not a fluke, it was from film study. I used to fear Bush being on the field, now I dont.

Bush was terrible when he first got to the Packers, but he has made progress every year. Another corner who was terrible early on but developed into something of a decent player was Al Harris.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are you turning this into Bush or Jenkins? Its not like that. Bush is a captain, has been one of the hardest workers on the team, and when called upon in the SB had several key plays that helped win the game. That pick he had was not a fluke, it was from film study. I used to fear Bush being on the field, now I dont.

Bush was terrible when he first got to the Packers, but he has made progress every year. Another corner who was terrible early on but developed into something of a decent player was Al Harris.
Have you read the posts where a particular poster said he would take Bush over Jenkins?? See post # 319.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it is and as many times as you say it isn't it doesn't change my opinion. Sorry but anyone who thinks a special teams guy is more important than a DE that his players wanted back...well.

This sounds like your putting ST against Dline.....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you read the posts where a particular poster said he would take Bush over Jenkins?? See post # 319.

which was in response to #315....

This is the most retarded **** I have seen on the forum in awhile. well maybe since Angel got the boot

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which was in response to #315....

This is the most retarded **** I have seen on the forum in awhile. well maybe since Angel got the boot

So now you are in to personal stuff. I thought I read where that wasn't allowed. I haven't attacked anyone personally. Just expressing my opinion. Isn't that allowed here?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible giving Jenkins that same contract could have made it much harder to lock Sitton, Jermichael, and/or Jordy up.
Next year, they're in the same situation as we just had with Hawk this off-season, and James Jones, and we gave a new big deal to Bishop..... I love Cullen and agree with Vandermause today in his chat that we probably could have afforded him, and probably should have considering Mike Neal hasn't proven himself to be close-to-durable.

But we might be wrong.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's cut the namecalling and swearing and whatnot.

And I don't give a **** to what you **** ************* think it's ******* right or not, stop the ******* swearing you ******* ********!

;) - But, for real, let's not get riled up and personal.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nothing was personal, I just think the argument was getting to the point where it was pointless. the he said it no he said it stuff doesnt do it for me. It was turning into an argument about an argument.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I'm saying Jenkins is more important than Bush as I see it.

All things are not created equal. $3 million dollar difference. And really if we were going to cut someone I would rather cut the 52nd best player on the team, than a team captain.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then stop arguing.

Im not going to argue about who said what 10 pages ago, I will very much address the topic at hand, unless of course you have a problem with that.

And seriously I dont know how anyone could have taken that as a personal attack. Now me calling someone overly sensitive? that might be considered personal. But I was moving on with the discussion until you threw in that quip.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not going to argue about who said what 10 pages ago, I will very much address the topic at hand, unless of course you have a problem with that.

And seriously I dont know how anyone could have taken that as a personal attack. Now me calling someone overly sensitive? that might be considered personal. But I was moving on with the discussion until you threw in that quip.
Threw a quip? You said something was the most retarded **** you'd ever seen. How's that not getting personal and swearing?

And you're doing it now, with me! And I'm not discussing anything, in fact, I've made the exact same point you made a lot of posts ago! I made a joke about it! And you took it serious, as if I were infringing your right as a poster or something!

What I said is, if you hit a wall, stop shouting to the wall. That's it. It's much more productive. Take it easy...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Threw a quip? You said something was the most retarded **** you'd ever seen. How's that not getting personal and swearing?

And you're doing it now, with me! And I'm not discussing anything, in fact, I've made the exact same point you made a lot of posts ago! I made a joke about it! And you took it serious, as if I were infringing your right as a poster or something!

What I said is, if you hit a wall, stop shouting to the wall. That's it. It's much more productive. Take it easy...

so should I answer the question or would you rather let it go?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Jenkins is a good inside pass rusher, but this is a 3-4 defense. His skills at run stopping were nothing out of the ordinary. Run stopping is what is emphasized among the DL in a 3-4 while pass rushing is a secondary skill. He might feel more comfortable in a 4 man front like Philly runs. Then his primary job will be to rush the passer. In Green Bay, that is not his primary job. That is the job of the linebackers.

So he was good, yes. But expendable. There might be one or maybe two good years left in his tank. I don't know. He's only had one complete season out of the past 3 I believe. He wanted a long term contract for "security". Thompson was smart not to sink top 5 money over a long term contract into a guy who may break down again and is definitely getting old.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, dude, on our team DL is NOT A POSITION OF NEED. No matter how many times YOU try and say it is, the facts are it is not. We proved at least 5 times last season alone that Jenkins was expendable, winning all 5 games he sat out. That alone PROVES WE DIDN'T NEED HIM.

Members online

Latest posts