Packers mock free agency/draft

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but in my opinion he will always pass on some short throws for a possible big play.

Well yeah, bit I'd say that's ok. You have to pass on some easy short throws for the chance at a big play. I think Rodgers just needs to cut the number of times he does that say in half.

Reaction score
I agree but in my opinion he will always pass on some short throws for a possible big play.
If a big play is there, so be it, he should take it.
But early in games it’s important to establish a Rythmn and far too often we took took shots past 10 yards on 3rd and less than <3 yds, even after I noticed this we continued on and were largely unsuccessful. Balance those down n distance plays with more high probability shots. That moves the chains and creates favorable field position while keeping opponents Offenses on the sidelines.

Overall last year we did a pretty decent job. However we were exploited in 3rd n short, too often taking a sack looking for the mid-long range play, we just didn’t have the Randy Moss type personnel to do that. We also further fueled our demise by being poor at WRs coming back to the ball in those instances, giving up late into their assignment on broken plays.

It’s ok to have a bad game but get back into practice that week and work on those issues by isolating drills that attempt to improve. I didn’t see a lick of improvement in either area all year.

Same goes for ST fouls, they seemed to not realize (until it was far too late and careers were in jeopardy) the concept of how much a punt return holding foul will hurt in penalty yardage, eliminate a decent return and lose serious field position simultaneously. Just some casual observations.

D

Deleted member 6794

If a big play is there, so be it, he should take it.

Once again, I'm definitely in favor of Rodgers attempting more high percentage throws but it takes time for a big play to develop. That means he has to pass on some immediate releases to make it work.