Great victory

Fuerue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack,

Congratulations on another victory. I asked last week when A-Rod would have his breakout game, and man, he was money today. I think your season has finally turned back to the direction everyone knew it was heading. I am really hoping for a rematch in the Superbowl with you guys, but we have to keep our end of the bargain. I think the only team in the NFC that could conceiveably give you guys a tough run would be the Giants. They look like world beaters right now.

Our part of the bargain will be tougher. We didn't deserve yet another win today, but we got lucky with a little help from poor poor coaching from the Lions in the final 5 minutes of the game. Hopefully we will play like we are built soon and start winning the games we should win alot more convincingly.

Keep on kickin butt Pack, and say a prayer for my Jets if you are so inclined.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I want to accept the kudos, beating a lackluster dallas team that clearly is going through the motions most of the game is not exactly what I call a break out game. I mean C'mon this is like us beating Detroit when they were winless a year or two ago. We should have won this game, and because of that I wouldn't call it such a 'great victory'.... but it was good to win< losing would have been VERY VERY bad for morale.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'll take it. I've waited all my life to watch a beatdown on Dallas like this. Regardless of whether or not they gave up or not, it was everything I've wanted to see out of a GB v DAL game, and more. It's gonna be a good week for me.

Thanks for the kudos.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take it. I've waited all my life to watch a beatdown on Dallas like this. Regardless of whether or not they gave up or not, it was everything I've wanted to see out of a GB v DAL game, and more. It's gonna be a good week for me.

Thanks for the kudos.

Oh I enjoyed beating them up sure, but it didn't have quite the savor it would if Dallas was actually a decent team this year.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Oh I enjoyed beating them up sure, but it didn't have quite the savor it would if Dallas was actually a decent team this year.

I agree, but it's still Dallas. I'm sure Dallas reveled in beating us when we were in rough patches. To me, beating Dallas is beating Dallas, no matter how hard they try.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I think they needed to beat down on somebody just to vent off steam and the Cowboys kind of just laid themselves in our laps and said, beat us! They made that easy and the Packers needed a good romp to boost confidence. As for winning out the NFC, I'm wary of the Giants but I think they may have some loopholes, also don't count out the Saints just yet.

I'll say a prayer for your Jets, not because I'm a Jets fan, I loath the Jets, but because you asked so nicely and you extended the same to us!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Pack,

Congratulations on another victory. I asked last week when A-Rod would have his breakout game, and man, he was money today. I think your season has finally turned back to the direction everyone knew it was heading. I am really hoping for a rematch in the Superbowl with you guys, but we have to keep our end of the bargain. I think the only team in the NFC that could conceiveably give you guys a tough run would be the Giants. They look like world beaters right now.

Our part of the bargain will be tougher. We didn't deserve yet another win today, but we got lucky with a little help from poor poor coaching from the Lions in the final 5 minutes of the game. Hopefully we will play like we are built soon and start winning the games we should win alot more convincingly.

Keep on kickin butt Pack, and say a prayer for my Jets if you are so inclined.
Thank you, man.

In your favor, the only team that's playing great D and has a great QB is the Giants. Maybe the Steelers, but so far, Big Ben hasn't delivered.

So, even though Sanchez isn't ready to lead a team yet, neither is Flacco, nor Henne, neither can Vince Young, Brady doesn't have a great team, Manning's team is in shambles... And the Jets' supporting cast is as good as anyone's in the league.

Parity. Even we, that were virtually dead, can be the best team in the league. The D is playing as well as any D in the league, and Rodgers can be the difference maker. But last night, against a dreadful Cowboys, was the only time he did it this season...

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was a very good game to go into the bye week with cowboys kitna didn't give up maybe the rest did they were baffled that was great too see their faces jets did good yesterday thought the lions were going to be a top the vikes there for awhile,but your guys came back hats off to them.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The LIons when they went 0-16 were a better team then the Cowboys we faced yesterday. So beating Dallas wasn't anything that impressive. Still, whooping them was very satisfying.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I want to accept the kudos, beating a lackluster dallas team that clearly is going through the motions most of the game is not exactly what I call a break out game. I mean C'mon this is like us beating Detroit when they were winless a year or two ago. We should have won this game, and because of that I wouldn't call it such a 'great victory'.... but it was good to win< losing would have been VERY VERY bad for morale.

I dont agree with you and like Incubes said, it was Dallas. I for one enjoyed watching Dallas and their team of "stars" get pounced on. Nothing like beating a rival (I consider Dallas a rival) into the ground. My top 3 most hated teams are the Vikings, COWBOYS and Giants.

It was a great victory for another reason as well. This game carried a winning momentum into a bye week. The Packers earned a week OFF with this win says MM. Do you know what this will do for the health of our team? Another reason is because this game was a confidence builder. Shields and Bush had breakout games... great for their confidence, Rodgers got the offense moving again. JJ had a breakout game despite drops and fumbles. Hopefully they can carry it into minny. And Im not sure if anyone knows this but AJ Hawk was the reason for CM3 int. Hawk tipped that pass back to CM3 and received no credit. AJ has been quietly getting better.

In the end, did anyone see the newly added LB Walden get around Marc Columbo and nearly sack Kitna, granted it was Kitna but this happened on more than 1 occasion. And who saw who got the last sack of the game, Rookie CJ Wilson.

We honestly needed this win. IMO, there are many qualifications that deem a win a "great victory". Shields, Hawk, JJ, Bush, Walden and Wilson are many of the reasons why this was a great victory. Who would have ever thought we would be talking about highlights from a few of these guys? It was an amazing game. The entire team played with intensity, gained the fans confidence in these backup players and instilled a hunger in this team to be #1.

That is all.. thank you lol. :happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In your favor, the only team that's playing great D and has a great QB is the Giants. Maybe the Steelers, but so far, Big Ben hasn't delivered.

So, even though Sanchez isn't ready to lead a team yet, neither is Flacco, nor Henne, neither can Vince Young, Brady doesn't have a great team, Manning's team is in shambles... And the Jets' supporting cast is as good as anyone's in the league.
Maybe I don't get your point because, except for the Dolphins, the standings show otherwise.
NFL Standings: Division

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts