Free Agency: ILB

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deion Jones would be a nice fall back plan. Nobody on this forum is even discussing him. Hes that fast ILB from LSU.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deion Jones would be a nice fall back plan. Nobody on this forum is even discussing him. Hes that fast ILB from LSU.

I brought him up on another thread...some project him as early as 2nd but many say 3rd-5th depending. I say if there in the 4th we'd be dumb not to grab him....3rd I still think may hold solid value...2nd may be a reach.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Pro Football Focus Jones graded out negatively for the 2015 season and missed a lot of tackles. As mentioned in another thread I'd prefer Dominique Alexander out of Oklahoma.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Pro Football Focus Jones graded out negatively for the 2015 season and missed a lot of tackles. As mentioned in another thread I'd prefer Dominique Alexander out of Oklahoma.
As much as I want to agree with you I just don't think Dom is ready for the pros. I've watched him from High School on as I live in a suburb of Tulsa. He played a lot of ball for the Sooners and was pretty productive. With that being said he needs a lot of help from the line to keep him clean as he is not the biggest guy. His combine and pro day numbers were a shock to most of us here in OK. Upper 4.6 speed at his size didn't help his cause. I think in time he could prove to be a decent player but I just don't see him being a contributor any time soon. Really good kid that sort of had his hand forced into going pro. I hope with all my heart he kills it and will be happy if I'm proven to be wrong. With that being said I just don't think he's ready for the league yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

As much as I want to agree with you I just don't think Dom is ready for the pros. I've watched him from High School on as I live in a suburb of Tulsa. He played a lot of ball for the Sooners and was pretty productive. With that being said he needs a lot of help from the line to keep him clean as he is not the biggest guy. His combine and pro day numbers were a shock to most of us here in OK. Upper 4.6 speed at his size didn't help his cause. I think in time he could prove to be a decent player but I just don't see him being a contributor any time soon. Really good kid that sort of had his hand forced into going pro. I hope with all my heart he kills it and will be happy if I'm proven to be wrong. With that being said I just don't think he's ready for the league yet.

I wasn't aware of his poor results at the Oklahoma's pro day (he actually ran a 4.76 40). According to the Sooners website he only competed in running drills, with him not competing in a lot if drills at the combine either is it possible he currently is bothered by an injury?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of his poor results at the Oklahoma's pro day (he actually ran a 4.76 40). According to the Sooners website he only competed in running drills, with him not competing in a lot if drills at the combine either is it possible he currently is bothered by an injury?
Funny you ask because that's exactly what we we're all wondering. I've got some decent contacts in Norman and injury seems to have had nothing to do with his poor showing. He does play faster than his 40 time suggests but his times were so poor it will surely cause teams to proceed with caution. I was honestly expecting 4.58-4.60 times from Dom. Head scratcher bro.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I hope we draft LB Eric Striker from OU in the middle rounds somewhere. I have a good feeling about him as a player in the NFL.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I hope we draft LB Eric Striker from OU in the middle rounds somewhere. I have a good feeling about him as a player in the NFL.
I love me see Strike! Just as Dom, his test numbers were underwhelming. Striker will find a niche in the league and end up playing for years size be damned. He will have to contribute on ST which he did already at Oklahoma. Situational pass rusher who needs to hone his coverage skills. Motor and mental fortitude are plus plus for ES. He's one I'm really pulling for. All name team as well!

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Striker can be melded into a Kam Chancellor type.
That's an interesting take and one I hadn't thought of. Strike does 2 things very well. Hit hard and find the QB. As I mentioned earlier, he was just too productive at a high caliber program to get completely overlooked. There's lots of good tape on him. Go back and look at the Sugar Bowl game vs Bama. He ate Cyrus Kouandjio's lunch racking up 3 sacks against him that game alone. CK was the 44th pick in the draft ('14) going to Buffalo. The kid was their best OL other than the center who's name slips my mind. Some guys have the proverbial nose for the ball and that's ES. Very interesting comparison V.

D

Deleted member 6794

I bet Striker can be melded into a Kam Chancellor type.

I know you like Striker, just like you did with Dawson last season, but while he was highly productive at Oklahoma I don't see his game translating well to the pro level. It's possible he could line up at multiple positions but he's not excelling at any of them and won't be close to as succesful in the NFL as Chancellor.