Michael Wilhoite ILB 29 SF RFA
Steven Johnson ILB 28 TEN
Zach Brown ILB 26 TEN
Keenan Robinson ILB 27 WAS
Mason Foster ILB 27 WAS

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danny Trevathan's name jumps out at me there. I'd love to have him. Hes the speedy sideline to sideline ILB we need. Plus hes young.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a bunch of intriguing names on here. Zach Brown, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan, then add McClain as a thumper. I'm licking my chops, but non of these names will ever end up being on the team.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a bunch of intriguing names on here. Zach Brown, Brandon Marshall, Danny Trevathan, then add McClain as a thumper. I'm licking my chops, but non of these names will ever end up being on the team.

I'm still holding out some hope that TT surprises us all this offseason.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Demario Davis is intriguing to me...

Scouting report:
"Davis can really run, and it shows in every play he is in against the run. He has a burst in short areas to move toward the ball immediately off the snap, and can run down almost any back to meet him outside the tackles and cover the outside run. "

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at saying Shea McClellin is an INSIDE linebacker. Speaking of guys outta position, this from www.NFL.com today

Green Bay Packers: Fix the front seven

General manager Ted Thompson's solid drafting and planning has resulted in a depth chart without a ton of big holes. That's how you make the playoffs seven straight years. We know Thompson isn't into quick fixes in free agency but he's going to be busy making sure the front seven is well-stocked this offseason. Re-signing Mike Daniels was a huge start, but Mike Neal, Nick Perry, B.J. Raji and Letroy Guion are all set to be free agents. Julius Peppers' future is uncertain because of a big salary number. Coach Mike McCarthy announced Monday that linebacker Clay Matthews is expected to move back to outside linebacker, which is a smart ending to an unfortunate experiment.

Every game, all season
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Some of the names above (Neal, Perry) show Thompson's mixed results drafting defenders up front. There are a lot of high picks like former first-rounder Datone Jones who are ultimately role players. While coach Mike McCarthy needs to make the Packers' offense look like the Packers' offense again in practice, Thompson has plenty of work to do setting up the pieces for Dom Capers' defense.

And to the fans looking to oust Capers: Did you watch the Packers late this season?

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all just need to hope peyton manning returns to the broncos next season along with his cap number. Denver has 20 mil or so in space and need to resign von miller, brandon marshall, trevathen, cj anderson, and brock osweiler. no way in hell can they keep all those guys if peyton stays.

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all just need to hope peyton manning returns to the broncos next season along with his cap number. Denver has 20 mil or so in space and need to resign von miller, brandon marshall, trevathen, cj anderson, and brock osweiler. no way in hell can they keep all those guys if peyton stays.
Peyton is done. I really would like to see them get to the Super Bowl and him beat Carolina or Arizona and go out on top like Elway, with 2 rings. But Peyton hasn't been great in the Playoffs in his career, and I think NE will bottle him up. Denver's best bet is their defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

Danny Trevathan's name jumps out at me there. I'd love to have him. Hes the speedy sideline to sideline ILB we need. Plus hes young.

Absolutely agree that Trevathan is the guy I hope ends up in a Packers uniform.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the Trevathan bandwagon too. IF TT goes after him I'll quit with all the TT criticisms.

If Peppers retires, then moving Matthews back to OLB, re-signing Perry and/or O'Neal would secure the OLB position, and Trevathan takes Matthew's spot. That leaves Jake Ryan and Sam Barrington for ILB. I could see a high rounder on an ILB as well. Scooby Wright in the 2nd or 3rd round for instance.

My early mock draft with Trevathan on board would be:

1. Hunter Henry, TE. Here's your TE that can catch passes over the middle MM. Henry is looking more and more a 1st round talent, and we seriously need a good TE.

2. Adolphus Washington DE.

3. Scooby Wright or Joshua Perry ILB/OLB. May need to draft Wright in round 2.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on the Trevathan bandwagon too. IF TT goes after him I'll quit with all the TT criticisms.

If Peppers retires, then moving Matthews back to OLB, re-signing Perry and/or O'Neal would secure the OLB position, and Trevathan takes Matthew's spot. That leaves Jake Ryan and Sam Barrington for ILB. I could see a high rounder on an ILB as well. Scooby Wright in the 2nd or 3rd round for instance.

1. Hunter Henry, TE. Here's your TE that can catch passes over the middle MM. Henry is looking more and more a 1st round talent, and we seriously need a good TE.

I like this a lot.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't see them keeping Marshall and Trevathan both regardless of what Manning does. Paying two ILB's medium to top end dollar isn't smart spending. One of these two guys will walk. Maybe both.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a lot of important guys up for URFA between offense and defense this year. I don't envy their GM and the kicker is they won't have a QB under contract either. Peyton is done, more than done. He's fortunate he was able to sit out as long as he did until the playoffs. Maybe the old guy can withstand another 2 games, I don't think so. If they win it will be mostly because of defense. If they keep him and his salary, well that's good for everyone else I guess. And what do you do with Osweiler? Only guy with experience on the team, FA and qb's always get overpaid. They're in a tough spot. I don't think he's terrible, but I don't think he's all that special either, but with facing no qb that has experience to lead the team, do you let him go and lose Manning? Really throw in the towel after this year? Manning won't last 6 weeks again next year and they'll be an ugly 6 weeks. I just do not see that guy playing any more if he even survives what's left of this season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is one position of need (along with LT) that I hope TT tries to fill via FA. I'm not overly confident in finding a ready to go ILB with the 27th pick of the draft and I think we NEED one....like yesterday. Sign an instant starter via FA. If Barrington can play the other ILB, move Clay back to the outside. Sign Raji, Jones and Perry and maybe even Guion and the defense is set. Use your first round on Hunter Henry, or trade back a bit if you think he will still be there in the early part of round 2.

Sounds like if TT wants to pursue either of Trevathan or Marshall, he will have some stiff competition from John Fox in Chicago. I can't see Elway giving them both up and Marshall being higher priority. Strap on a pair TT and get in the game.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd be all about this. I honestly have a feeling they sign Danny and let Marshall walk though for some reason. I've heard some negative things about Scooby and being out of position a lot. Plus I don't like the recent injury history, but I'd take him in the 3rd.

greenbeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its hard to speculate about FA sinings when we don't know who's gonna be available. Many of the names on the list will be resingend - especially the younger guys with potential. I'm afraid there won't be many ilbs left, that will be an upgrade over guys like Sam Barrington and Jack Ryan, whos gonna be better next season. But I'm not really a great evaluator of NFL Playsers, so i leave that up to TT and his staff. Last offseason everyone wanted TT to sign Brandon Spikes..he is out of football since June 2015, so he seems to be right about not signing him.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the news of Clay moving back outside, one has to wonder if that means we'll be aggressive when it comes to acquiring an ILB this offseason. I can't possibly imagine them being comfortable with what we have at ILB minus Clay being there. Clay being moved there in the first place speaks volumes in that TT and MM don't feel comfortable. So knowing that Clay is being moved back outside, I bet it means that we'll be acquiring an ILB this offseason. Hopefully in FA.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the news of Clay moving back outside

Not a done deal. But I hope it happens and the only way they can do it will be to bring in at least 1 if not 2 suitable replacements. I don't see a player picked 27th or beyond in the draft as capable of doing this right away. But do see going after a big name FA ILB to complete the move.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a done deal. But I hope it happens and the only way they can do it will be to bring in at least 1 if not 2 suitable replacements. I don't see a player picked 27th or beyond in the draft as capable of doing this right away. But do see going after a big name FA ILB to complete the move.

Well, MM said that Clay was being moved back outside next year.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want competition at Inside Linebacker. It seem like this year the team was like "Sam Barrington is the starter". Then he got hurt and the team was like "Whoever has two legs and a pulse, get em in there".

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts