Damion Square 3-4 DE 27 SD RFA
Kendall Reyes 3-4 DE 26 SD
Tony Jerod-Eddie 3-4 DE 26 SF RFA
Frank Kearse 3-4 DE 27 WAS
Kedric Golston 3-4 DE 33 WAS

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jared Crick pops out at me. Hes a young up and comer at DE in 3-4 systems.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Billy Winn, Cam Thomas, Thorton, Curry, and Crick are all interesting names. However, could you imagine Wilkerson on this team? Not that we'd spend the money, but DAMN!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure that's true since the Packers only have one above average dlineman on the team. NT is a bigger concern but the dline as a group isn't very good.
I would disagree. They might not be all stars on highlight reels every week, but they are much better than "isn't very good" They just held a top NFL offense averaging over 120 and over 4 yds per carry on the season to 40 yards. 40 and a 2 yard average on the road in the playoffs. groups that "isn't very good" don't do that and they held up well to a lot of good rushing teams this year. If you could guarantee me that production from a Dline every week in the NFL I'd sign that group up in a heart beat.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would disagree. They might not be all stars on highlight reels every week, but they are much better than "isn't very good" They just held a top NFL offense averaging over 120 and over 4 yds per carry on the season to 40 yards. 40 and a 2 yard average on the road in the playoffs. groups that "isn't very good" don't do that and they held up well to a lot of good rushing teams this year. If you could guarantee me that production from a Dline every week in the NFL I'd sign that group up in a heart beat.

If you base all personnel evaluations on the Cardinals game then the Packers have terrific players at pretty much every position on defense...How many of the Dlinemen do you think will get starter deals from another team?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you base all personnel evaluations on the Cardinals game then the Packers have terrific players at pretty much every position on defense...How many of the Dlinemen do you think will get starter deals from another team?
I'm not basing it all on the cards game, we played KC, we played Seattle, we played MN and AP twice, faced Forte, etc and most times this year we did very well against some very good rushing attacks. I see Raji being a starter, Daniels and Giuon for a lot of teams. Pennel might very well be as he's shown steady improvement since he came here as a UDFA, but as of now he is a solid rotation guy. Whether we have 3 guys that are high light reels or 2-3 pretty good guys and a solid rotation behind them, I don't care. Both ways can get it done, and this year I think our Dline got it done for more often than not. Definitely above average and if we can move Matthews back outside and shore up the ILB I think they are plenty capable of maintaining a higher level of play as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not basing it all on the cards game, we played KC, we played Seattle, we played MN and AP twice, faced Forte, etc and most times this year we did very well against some very good rushing attacks. I see Raji being a starter, Daniels and Giuon for a lot of teams. Pennel might very well be as he's shown steady improvement since he came here as a UDFA, but as of now he is a solid rotation guy. Whether we have 3 guys that are high light reels or 2-3 pretty good guys and a solid rotation behind them, I don't care. Both ways can get it done, and this year I think our Dline got it done for more often than not. Definitely above average and if we can move Matthews back outside and shore up the ILB I think they are plenty capable of maintaining a higher level of play as well.

Mike Daniels is very good. Datone Jones is good rushing the QB but he's not much against the run. I'm not saying the ends are terrible, just that it's very possible to upgrade them.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike Daniels is very good. Datone Jones is good rushing the QB but he's not much against the run. I'm not saying the ends are terrible, just that it's very possible to upgrade them.

I agree that Daniels is the only elite player at the position but most of the others are serviceable. While I wouldn´t mind an upgrade at the position there are several others in more dire need of an upgrade.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people could be upgraded, but that's different than saying they just weren't very good. They were good as a unit and better than people give them credit for a I think considering the positions our offense and special teams put us in this year time after time after time.

Members online

Latest posts