Free Agency: WR

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's clear is there is no other acceptable answer other than Janis is a God and everyone else that didn't see it is a moron in your world.

Everyone else has seen the potential, most everyone else has seen reasons why he hasn't been on the field more too. Maybe Janis had success in the final game BECAUSE he was forced to get better before seeing the field? Maybe he's just a god, maybe he's just lucky. One thing is certain, maybe, we'll find out next year.

There's more to winning championships than having some guy make a couple big plays. I thought Janis would see a smaller, but more consistent role more of the year in order to take advantage of his specific skill set. It didn't exactly work that way, but this staff makes people work and earn their spots and playing time. They will be dedicated to YOU as a player if you are dedicated to THEM as a team. They stick with guys, the shed others and we complain that it's too soon, or too late or whatever. They aren't giving things to guys that haven't earned it, and i'm more than OK with maintaining that message to the team.

And we can complain, we're just fans, but they've created a culture as a team with a vision of a much larger picture than catching a hail mary pass in mind. I think overall we have a team we can be proud of, players that are all team players and will work for it. I'm ok maintaining that team mentality, even at the "expense" of seeing Jeff Janis more than we did. and a lot of us did see him, and saw him squander opportunities all season long.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It seems we're more in agreement than it appeared originally.
I appreciate all the caveats in your post regarding the relationship Janis has with his teammates. We aren’t privy to the inner workings of Janis’ relationships with his teammates but sometimes things are as they seem: IMO Rodgers has a problem with Janis because Rodgers is a perfectionist and for whatever reason Janis is still not up to speed with the nuances of the offense. I agree Janis needs on-the-field work because I think his biggest problem is not being able to adjust to what defenses are doing on-the-fly. But from all we’ve read and heard Janis isn’t very good in the classroom and there’s no excuse for that. Until the minicamps start, he has no excuse not to study his **** off and know the classroom stuff like the back of his hand before the minicamps. If he doesn't, that's entirely on him, agreed?
Final point is this: I think it's clear now, to everyone, that physically, talent-wise, that Jeff Janis has what we were hoping for when we drafted the 6-years-younger-Jordy-clone. Now. what do we do to maximize it?
Physically Janis is close to Jordy but if you include the mental aspect of football in “talent”, Janis has a mountain to climb to be similar to Jordy. BTW, if you study people, look at Jordy Nelson: How often has he criticized his teammates or said anything that can be construed as doing so? Because he’s done so rarely adds weight to what he said about Janis, particularly in the classroom.

Sky King

Reaction score
When he (Fred Astaire) cleaned out his dressing-room he showed me his favorite memento. It was a casting director’s report of his first screen test, twelve years ago: “Can’t act; slightly bald. Can dance a little.”

The experts don't always get it right, regardless of the genre.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts