Duh Bears -- round 2.0 -- 2018

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That is a highly questionable proposition, isn't it? If the Bears go that route, at least it's from the front side and not the back. I suppose Spriggs best chance in that matchup is to set against the inside move and push him out to the edge. At least Rodgers would see him with the possibility to step up and escape. Or just get more than the usual roll lefts installed.

Baktiari shouls be wrapped in bubble paper and sequestered in a Brinks truck until kickoff.

Seems like this might be the only way to stop Mack ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

I knew that it was a William Safire penned quote that Spiro latched onto. Safire was one of my favorites that NOBODY heard of until they shed the invisibility cloak of the political "speech writer". The alliteration of it all ... I loved this one as well - "They have formed their own 4-H Club — the ‘hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.'” quoted in the link. That's the thing, Republican speech writers' have been vastly superior to this type of zinger ...that, and "the 10-word answer".

Strange bedfellows guys... I used to follow William Safire's stuff to balance out my other best guy - Sydney Harris. Who I had the pleasure of meeting and sitting down to a barge-in lunch date arranged by a former college girlfriend who was from Door County and worked at the bank Mr. Harris used up there. This was right after returning from a D.C. internship in Oshkosh during the Reagan years. Mr. Harris felt I needed to be deprogrammed.

As the old saying goes - "Good writers borrow from other writers. GREAT writers ... well ... just outright STEAL from other writers". ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Back on track .... I'm staying with my earlier prediction that the Packers pull this game out. Not for one minute do I view the Packers as the better team overall - as a matter of fact, I think the Pack get physically beat to hell, yet find someway to eek out the improbable win. My gut tells me so - however, I want to add the disclaimer that I had Mexican for lunch and Italian for dinner yesterday. I had visions of Mitchell serving up turnovers and Rodgers going right for the jugular with with quick strikes... I'm not talking INT's here ... I'm talking forced fumbles - YES ... forced fumbles.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just going to watch the game and scoreboard watch and enjoy it all. Again, I hope I'm wrong but I think we're going to get the snot beat out of us. Go pack!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
43 with minimal wind? Screw it, I'm starting Rodgers in my fantasy semifinal>Prescott. Live and die with your guy. Don't sit your studs.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
43 with minimal wind? Screw it, I'm starting Rodgers in my fantasy semifinal>Prescott. Live and die with your guy. Don't sit your studs.
He is gonna have his collarbone femur ribs broke by the second qtr...

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear if you don't stop...:laugh:

Don't even joke like that!
Lmao!!! I mean... they are gonna swarm Rodgers all day.. our line is so banged up.. I think it will be like a 20-10 game bears...

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if we beat the bears and the vikings lose I might start to get a little excited

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if we beat the bears and the vikings lose I might start to get a little excited
You have been nothing but a complete Jinx since the game against Seattle, or at least that's when I started to notice you in regards to all your negativity. I swear if you somehow managed to jinx us this game. I will put you as one of the reasons why The Packers blew it this season. I am not kidding either! Stop it! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Tim Boyle
Natrell Jamerson
Nico Siragusa
Bryan Bulaga
Adam Pankey
Kendall Donnerson
Kenny Clark

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have been nothing but a complete Jinx since the game against Seattle, or at least that's when I started to notice you in regards to all your negativity. I swear if you somehow managed to jinx us this game. I will put you as one of the reasons why The Packers blew it this season. I am not kidding either! Stop it! :laugh:
Trust me man I don’t like to be negative I’m diehard fan emotional one at best it just sucks that they suck this year but I’m realist like i said before they played the 49ers I said they gonna go 7-8-1 or 8-7-1 and the way it folding now they gonna go 7-8-1.. they are gonna have to get a big lead early if they wanna win today

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for Cobb to have a good game today the dude just owns the bears and he def helped the offense last week

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm with you Snoops....one game at a time and today could be a very tough game.....Bears wrap up the Division with a win at home today. The players and crowd are going to be jacked up. If the Bears get to Rodgers early and often, this could be a long day. I don't think the Bears offense is going to run away with it, but the Packers can't afford to get down by more than 10 points today.

Not sure why people are assuming the Jets game next week is a gimme. The Jets actually played the 10-4 Texans pretty tough yesterday. But one game at a time.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In honor of the Bears' last NFC North Championship season, I'm wearing my Packers' Super Bowl 45 hat.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No Clark and no Bulaga. Ouch
Yup. McCray and Spriggs are going to see A LOT of Mack, Hicks and Smith today.....I hope Aaron puts some extra padding on his backside, he may need it.

I predict one Bear DL or OL scoring a TD today....could be on offense or defense or both. :(

H

HardRightEdge

Packers inactives:

Tim Boyle
Natrell Jamerson
Nico Siragusa
Bryan Bulaga
Adam Pankey
Kendall Donnerson
Kenny Clark
The Bears have no noteable inactives--bottom of the roster guys and the FB Burton who is primarily a ST player and doesn't take many offensive snaps.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should probly sit Rodgers and say it’s in his best interest.. go sit with Danica and there family in the stands lol they are bears fans hahaha

D

Deleted member 6794

We should probly sit Rodgers and say it’s in his best interest.. go sit with Danica and there family in the stands lol they are bears fans hahaha

That's a terrible idea, no reason to play scared.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No bump this! Idk how, but I BELIEVE! We're gonna win today! Book it!

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a golden opportunity after the turnover and Rodgers single handedly blew that possession. Now the Bears are going to blow it open.