Duh Bears -- round 2.0 -- 2018

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yo that two-back set with Williams lead-blocking for Jones was awesome. Creativity comes in all shapes and sizes. If blocking is really Mercedes Lewis's claim to fame, he could be integral on Sunday. I'd like to see a heavy dose of he and Williams blocking for A.Jones then mixing it up from there

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If u have the bears defense u start them for fantasy regardless.. maybe the rams or saints I might pick up someone else but look what they did against the rams if u have Rodgers I’d look to ur backup QB or matchup based I have Adams in fantasy who I have to start and jones but sitting him for amari Cooper

That's a really long sentence. I'll have to read it sometime.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're not playing the 85 Bears here. They're good, but let's not forget the Rams are a warm weather team, it's not an insane idea that the Bears beat them in Chicago.

Do you have Verizon? The game seems to always be playing on my NFL mobil app. And the times it hasn't I've been able to select either the home or away radio broadcast
AT&T. I have a very cheap phone, I just use it to text and make phone calls.
It would be nice if you could run some of these apps on a computer.
Earlier in the year I had no trouble finding a radio stream, but maybe as the season has gone on, they've tightened up on them.

Come to think of it, since it's the Bears I'm sure I can find a Chicago radio station on the actual radio lol.
I hate the thought of listening to the Bears announcers though (shudder).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I think it will come down to the GB Defense holding Chicago under 23 pts. That alone puts GB very much in this one.. GB could probably pull out that upset at Lambeau but this will take everything they’ve got at Soldier Field to stay close. Chicago has played best at home and lost just once there to New England in a nail biter.
However, so far GB has played tough teams tough on the road. I don’t think GB lays down here either.

Chicago 26 GB 20

I'm not nearly as concerned about holding the Bears offense to under 23 points as I am with their defense holding ours to under 15.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Look, the Bears live and die by the turnover. Run the ball right at the middle of that Bears D and... If Philbin isn't making the RBs, the receivers and QBs carry the football all day long with people ordered to knock it out, well, I'll be shocked.

Hang on to the damn ball, put up 20 pts ... Give the Defense GO-GO juice and the Pack can win.

Rodgers tries forcing ONE in there, Fuller will be on it like a cheap suit off the rack at Sears.

Stupid penalties will kill off any possibility of beating this team.

Also, Bears last beat the Pack in Chitcago in 2010 and won the Division. What came after that?

D

Deleted member 6794

Also, Bears last beat the Pack in Chitcago in 2010 and won the Division. What came after that?

I guarantee the Packers season won't end the same way like it did in 2010 if the Bears win on Sunday though ;)

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, the Bears live and die by the turnover.
Rodgers tries forcing ONE in there, Fuller will be on it like a cheap suit off the rack at Sears.
Just like the one that hit him right in the numbers right before the 70 yard Cobb TD, and the 40 yard TD dime to G-Mo, right?

:sneaky:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like the one that hit him right in the numbers right before the 70 yard Cobb TD, and the 40 yard TD dime to G-Mo, right?

:sneaky:
I think that might have been more a function of Fuller being caught by surprise. Remember that the throw was right to a receiver who slipped and fell just as the ball was getting there.

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe. But we beat them already with a QB on 1 leg with a back up that gave them 2 TD's. If that doesn't happen again, I like our chances. The Bears have a good defense. Congrats. Their offense is still lead by a guy named Mitch and it's limited. once their razzle dazzle is done, they got nothing. and if they get to Rodgers he's not throwing up prayers like Goff. If Adams and Cobb are both on the field, he'll have an outlet and I think we'll score points. I think everyone is having a case of the last game being fresh in everyone's mind and they think the Bears are some unstoppable force. They're still the Bears and completely beatable. It wouldn't even take a perfect game to do so.

Honestly, I think our only prayer is the defense against Mitch. He doesn't make great decisions sometimes.

Rodgers has to get 'the big play' out of his head. There is nothing wrong with dinking and dunking down the field for TD's.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched him being interviewed by Larry McCarren last night on Total Packers and no mention of this.
If he doesn't play Sunday, he doesn't want to be in Green Bay.
I was thinking along the same lines... he really wants the Packers to re-sign him but not if he's only available 1/2 to 1/3 of the games. :(

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Packers offense uses max-protect about 1/2 of the snaps to give AR 3-4 seconds to find one of his receivers or check-down to Jones in the flats. I'm also hoping there's a mix of 2 TE sets allowing Tonyan to use his 4.6 speed up the middle for some big gains. Graham & Kendricks just can't shake the LB or Safety ******* them, anymore. I'm hoping that is part of Philbin's "outside the box" quick-hitting offensive plan.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think check downs to the RB are going to work well this game. #1, I don't think the Bears will have to commit that many people to rushing the QB that Jones or Williams will be left alone. after 3,4 seconds and then come back to the check down, i have a feeling they'll be cleaned up by one of their Linebackers before they even turn and run. If anything, they'll have to get the RB or WR moving before the snap and quick hit it to beat some of the speed of the linebackers and that defense. It's going to have to be snap..ball out. that's going to have to build the rest of the offense for the day.

Members online

Latest posts