David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed about the IR situation. How the Packers are handling not putting him on IR tells me 1 of 2 things. Either 1. they really DO think he's close to returning to the field and have full faith he'll play soon or 2. they grossly mismanaged the roster situation by taking away a spot from someone that actually could help the team if they had doubts he'd play in the first 4 weeks.
Who do you think was cut & lost to another team that should've been kept? If they had IR'd him before cuts he was lost for the year. In hindsight Gute should've left him on PUP list...but he obviously had high hopes of him playing by now.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you think was cut & lost to another team that should've been kept? If they had IR'd him before cuts he was lost for the year. In hindsight Gute should've left him on PUP list...but he obviously had high hopes of him playing by now.

ANYBODY who is available would be more serviceable than Bahk IF they had very low hopes he would've been ready in the first 4 weeks. He should've been PUP'd to clear a roster spot and evaluated as the first 4 weeks went to determine next steps. Again, the only way he shouldn't have been PUP'd is if the FO had strong feelings that he would contribute in these first 4 weeks.

Reaction score
You're right the defense and special teams should be improved over last season. I don't expect them to win 13 games as long as the offensive line doesn't dramatically improve in pass protection compared to the first two games though.
That's about right. It is hard to Win in this league, but we don't need to Win 13 games to get to the Superbowl. We just need to gel at the right time (see 2010)
Agreed about the IR situation. How the Packers are handling not putting him on IR tells me 1 of 2 things. Either 1. they really DO think he's close to returning to the field and have full faith he'll play soon or 2. they grossly mismanaged the roster situation by taking away a spot from someone that actually could help the team if they had doubts he'd play in the first 4 weeks.
It's a guessing game from week to week but he did practice several times last week.

I'll be watching to see what he does this week, if he does not practice? that's a bad sign (regressing)
If he practices every other day again? That's a relatively good sign (stable)
If he practices at a more consistent basis than last week, I expect he'll play in the next couple of weeks (improving)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They probably wanted to ability to work him into practices etc. If he's any of those lists there's a more strict time table to activate or shelve etc. I'm ok with the risk of losing a roster spot for them to really ease him in and work and see if he can resume his career or not.

He's clearly better than anybody else if he can. Yeah, we might miss out on someone one. It happens. but turning over bottom or rosters happens all the time. I'm ok not carrying 1 more of those to give a former all pro a legitimate chance to practice and take the time necessary and find out if he's going to play or not.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Or 3) by keeping him on the 53, he is allowed to practice. If on IR or PUP he cannot, AFAIK only rehab work. He may be easing into game shape while monitoring the knee situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's a guessing game from week to week but he did practice several times last week.

I'll be watching to see what he does this week, if he does not practice? that's a bad sign (regressing)
If he practices every other day again? That's a relatively good sign (stable)
If he practices at a more consistent basis than last week, I expect he'll play in the next couple of weeks (improving)

Bakhtiari didn't practice yesterday.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or 3) by keeping him on the 53, he is allowed to practice. If on IR or PUP he cannot, AFAIK only rehab work. He may be easing into game shape while monitoring the knee situation.
That's a good point. Personally, I think we'll be lucky if he ever plays a game again for us at this point, though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bet the deed to my house and all the money in my two main bank accounts this doesn't happen.
what odds are you giving? …. I happen to agree with you… but you seem to be offering a pretty tempting bet lol.

Reaction score
It’s Thursday. I feel fine about it
Yeah I agree.
I think we should all know by now there is an art to keeping your cards close to your chest and bluffing. Both these teams will likely suit up players on that injury list. Watch

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bit more worried about Jenkins and the 3 WR than I am Bakh or Crosby right now. Crosby should be up...we've been without Bakh for the better part of 2 years.

Latest posts