Damarious Randall out several weeks

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I highly doubt the Packers will place Randall on injured reserve.
McCarthy indicated during his press conference on Monday that Rollins most likely won't be able to play on Sunday but might be ready for next week.

I saw that too. It's one thing to go against the Bears and their #2 and #3 QB's, with your #4 and #5 CB's. I am more than "anxious" about what could happen on Sunday with trying to stop Ryan and Julio Jones with the same secondary, while also trying to stop a good run offense.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I saw that too. It's one thing to go against the Bears and their #2 and #3 QB's, with your #4 and #5 CB's. I am more than "anxious" about what could happen on Sunday with trying to stop Ryan and Julio Jones with the same secondary, while also trying to stop a good run offense.

The Packers offense most likely will have to keep the Falcons unit off the field and score a lot of points to win. At least it seems as if Tevin Coleman won't be able to play.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in a few weeks we find out that Randall gets IR

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in a few weeks we find out that Randall gets IR
I would be... post sports-hernia recovery is usually about 6 weeks, with another 1 or 2 to get into shape. That would be a return on 12/11... there are still 4 regular season games + playoffs.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be... post sports-hernia recovery is usually about 6 weeks, with another 1 or 2 to get into shape. That would be a return on 12/11... there are still 4 regular season games + playoffs.

It always seems like the Packers mis-diagnose injuries. What seems to be a simple injury turns into season injury. Ty last year, Abby this year,Lacy this year. Heck, even Shields. All those were week to week at first. Then out of nowhere, season ending

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always seems like the Packers mis-diagnose injuries. What seems to be a simple injury turns into season injury. Ty last year, Abby this year,Lacy this year. Heck, even Shields. All those were week to week at first. Then out of nowhere, season ending
But they're all separate and with different conditions around each situation and decision.

Concussions are funny, especially when it's not your first. Shields is a premier player, he's not easily replaced and at that point in the season the likelihood a team is going g to use that roster spot with a remotely comparable player is very small. Now I don't think he's coming back, but I can see why they left it open. Fast foreword a couple weeks and he's not where he could have been in the protocol and injuries all over the team have now necessitated they needed to fill his roster spot.

Abby? I didn't even know he got hurt. I saw him take a hit, but that hurt him? Again?

I think Ty was a case of reinjuring and there wasn't time to bring him back anymore that season. In a season we needed every WR we could get and with the IR rules like they were, I have no problem with how they handled it.

I think Lacy found the IR himself. He runs hard, can't deny it. He also looks like he gained 30 lbs already this season. I think his injury is directly related to his inability to take better care of himself. I think increasing the severity of his injury was also directly related to his weight. You can't go airborne and bring 270lbs on a bum ankle and have good things happen. I don't they could have sat him for a few weeks and been better off for it. Eddie wasn't going to be in better shape or less likely to be injured going forward. I wouldn't have given him time off either.

So I think each situation is unique. I don't think they misdiagnose as much as it was a unique player with a peculiar injury, a young guy being reinjured because he was pushing to get back on the field, and a guy that can't dedicate himself to his job or take care of his body.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yet a lot of posters would be offended by the slightest mention of the Packers mismanaging the situation.