1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Schroeder to retire as a Packer

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by johnny_blood, May 22, 2008.

1. johnny_blood

johnny_blood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://sheboyganpress.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080522/PKR01/80522051/1989

Schroeder was often disappointing as a receiver, but he had his moments, and for a season or two he was a very good returner.

Some of our younger fans may not know him. He was from Wisconsin and played at Div-III UW-La Crosse. He was a converted track star and had a pretty long career in the NFL.

The rage he would often bring out in Holmgren was quite a sight to behold.

2. NormaL

NormaL Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I met Bill a year ago at a Bears vs. Packers softball game. He's a really cool guy and boy can he get heckled by the bears fans (I live in Illinois). I was actually wearing my Shroeder jersey the day of the game and I thought he was going to have a heart attack when he seen somebody wearing it. lol To say the least he was more than happy to sign my jersey for me.

btw, the ex packer players destroyed the bears in the softball game along with getting the entire crowd to root for them because of the fun and comedy they displayed on the field that day. Was a great time.
    [​IMG]

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He wasn't an extremely talented guy, but he gave what he had.
    I remember Holmgren......I think he grabbed Schroeder by the facemask one time......he was MAD!

4. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Schroeder is my only true Packer connection. I went to college with him, during his track career. He played wide out for one season at UW-L and was obviously good at it.

Bill was proof that white men can jump. And yes, I remember the Holgrem moments. :)

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He did have 3 straight good years from '99-01.
    In '99, he surpassed the magical 1000 yards receiving.
    In '01, he caught 9 TDs.

6. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a UWL grad, 1980.

7. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Thats pretty cool. Sounds like fun times. 8)

8. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this mean he hasn't sent in his retirement papers yet either??

:D :D