Rasul Douglas has been traded to the Bills

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear, some fans want to change HC's like underwear. MLF took over a team that went 6-9-1 and turned them into winners and a 13-3 record (2019). He followed that up with 2 more 13 win seasons. After that, the Packers lost some top players, including a HOF QB and here we are. Bill Belichick or any other coach for that matter, couldn't turn this roster into a winning team.

Start with the DC, evaluate Love and move forward. Switching HC's from one that has had a ton of success, just to switch coaches, isn't the answer IMO, it's a knee jerk reaction to a very young roster.
I agree with pretty much all of this. That being said after he held on to a terrible special teams coach for far to long, the moment it became clear that he was retaining Barry… I was pretty much done with LeFluer. I felt this way before a single down was played this year.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are rebuilding and a 11 million cap hit next year oh well. They are definitely in play for Maye next year.
Terrible trade. This is the kind of trade loser organizations make. Save 6 million on the cap. Really? Who is going to play CB for the packers? It will cost 6 mil for a good CB. The draft pick is a high 3rd for a low 5th. Not much there. Eff Gute.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur has got to go. Not inspirational and play calling should be ripped from his duties at least.
Problem is finding a replacement yet now Josh Daniels is available from Oakland. Maybe he can bring the disgruntled Adams back with him.
Josh is a terrible head coach. Perhaps hire him as offensive coordinator.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible trade. This is the kind of trade loser organizations make. Save 6 million on the cap. Really? Who is going to play CB for the packers? It will cost 6 mil for a good CB. The draft pick is a high 3rd for a low 5th. Not much there. Eff Gute.
Looking at the Rams receivers this week it is All Pro talent up against the practice squad. Maybe?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Harbaugh can sustain his success at the Pro Level. By all impressions, he's a hard-*** and his approach wears on grown men. You can get away with that in college, because your players are younger and they aren't paid employees.

If he'd be willing to do it, he'd be a good hired gun. Maybe Name-Brand Jeff Fischer. Come in, install some culture, maybe make the playoffs, and then swap to someone else.
the soft *** team we're watching every week needs a hard *** piledriver and since we can't get Lombardi or Gregg back...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree with pretty much all of this. That being said after he held on to a terrible special teams coach for far to long, the moment it became clear that he was retaining Barry… I was pretty much done with LeFluer. I felt this way before a single down was played this year.
I feel the same way about Barry and view it as potentially MLF's biggest mistake. Should he be fired for it? Not 100% on board with that. We will probably never hear all the details as to why Barry has been retained, we never did with Capers either. Whether the decision is 100% Matt's, I would have to know that answer too.

I will also say this, while I am not 100% pleased with the Defense this season, they are playing better, at times. I don't view the defense as being solely responsible for 5 losses either. However, I would say they are still underperforming and too inconsistent, to justify another season of Joe Barry.

Gute and MLF have some interesting decisions in the next 6 or so months. Will a lot of heads roll or will they chalk this season up to the bumps and bruises you take with a very young roster, in what I would call a full rebuild mode year?

I for one am not in favor of a "clean sweep" of the GM, coaches and players. Which seems to be what some posters seem to be thinking needs to be done.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair about his decision to keep Barry, over the last 5 games last year we allowed fewer points than any other team except the Ravens and they only allowed like 3 or 4 fewer than we did. If that hadn't happened I think he would have been gone.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Murphy 2 years away from retirement, I wonder if he might opt out, a year early, to turn the reins over to the "new President of the team," so he can pick his new GM, and let him build his football coaching tree?

If that's the case, next year will be interesting, as they jettison players and coaches this off season, and start an entire rebuild. Or, maybe it will start in 2025? I don't think the Board of Directors is going to let the culture that exists inside the stadium continue.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why do I keep thinking ML sometimes looks in over his head?
Perceptions?

Did you think that 2 years ago? His "rookie" season in 2019?

While I agree MLF should have cut Joe Barry loose after last season, this notion that he is suddenly a clueless head coach, is just way off IMO.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the soft *** team we're watching every week needs a hard *** piledriver and since we can't get Lombardi or Gregg back...
Yeah. Someone remind this overgrown kids that they playing football not gold.
With Lefluff running things I'm neither surprised nor do I have any hope this team getting significantly better or playing hard nose ball like the Pittsburgh.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To be fair about his decision to keep Barry, over the last 5 games last year we allowed fewer points than any other team except the Ravens and they only allowed like 3 or 4 fewer than we did. If that hadn't happened I think he would have been gone.
Just another bad thing that Barry did. ;)

I have to wonder where this team would be at, if they had played Love those last 5 games. Better draft picks, maybe they would have decided that Love wasn't the guy or at this point of the season, those 5 starts have him ahead of where he is now and he is the guy?

All I have to say is that if the Packers are 2-10, with 5 games left, even if they are "mathematically" alive for a WC spot, they better take a deferent approach than they did last season. Hell, even see what Clifford can do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With Lefluff running things I'm neither surprised nor do I have any hope this team getting significantly better or playing hard nose ball like the Pittsburgh.
Where were you from 2019-2021?

This just sounds like a bandwagon approach to football, but if it works for you, so be it.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where were you from 2019-2021?

This just sounds like a bandwagon approach to football, but if it works for you, so be it.
2019-2021 Rodgers was running the offense at least half the time and yelling and arguing with Lefluff the other half of the time. Rodgers covered up a lot of Lafleurs ineptitude, and now that he is gone Lafleur is being exposed for what he is. A bad f.. coach.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another bad thing that Barry did. ;)

I have to wonder where this team would be at, if they had played Love those last 5 games. Better draft picks, maybe they would have decided that Love wasn't the guy or at this point of the season, those 5 starts have him ahead of where he is now and he is the guy?

All I have to say is that if the Packers are 2-10, with 5 games left, even if they are "mathematically" alive for a WC spot, they better take a deferent approach than they did last season. Hell, even see what Clifford can do.
Hell, if we're 10-2 I'm all for tanking the rest of the season and drafting either Maye or Harrison, Jr. I could almost see a Week 18 scenario where we just keep punting back and forth with the Bears for 60 minutes.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the same way about Barry and view it as potentially MLF's biggest mistake. Should he be fired for it? Not 100% on board with that. We will probably never hear all the details as to why Barry has been retained, we never did with Capers either. Whether the decision is 100% Matt's, I would have to know that answer too.

I will also say this, while I am not 100% pleased with the Defense this season, they are playing better, at times. I don't view the defense as being solely responsible for 5 losses either. However, I would say they are still underperforming and too inconsistent, to justify another season of Joe Barry.

Gute and MLF have some interesting decisions in the next 6 or so months. Will a lot of heads roll or will they chalk this season up to the bumps and bruises you take with a very young roster, in what I would call a full rebuild mode year?

I for one am not in favor of a "clean sweep" of the GM, coaches and players. Which seems to be what some posters seem to be thinking needs to be done.
They gave Pettine what? 3 seasons? They figure Barry is no worse. So give him 3 I guess. It could be either next season or season after things could drastically change. We may see a lot of coaching changes. We may even see us switch to a 4-3. When you lose double digit games stuff happens.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure. Who is playing CB, besides Jaire and he's hurt. It's not like they have a glut of CBs to take over. For moving up a little bit in the draft, the trade was pretty bad.
Well, it pretty much is saying we shall put anybody out there and save some capital. Does not matter whether we win or lose. This is not fair to a fan base that has been so loyal and devoted forever.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it pretty much is saying we shall put anybody out there and save some capital. Does not matter whether we win or lose. This is not fair to a fan base that has been so loyal and devoted forever.
You said it.:tup:

Reaction score

That doesn’t make any sense. It was Gutey that found him. He came off a PS and we got 2 years usage for peanuts. 2024 he was slated to punish our Cap at $11.2mil. Instead Buffalo picked up his contract and we sacked $864k in our Trick r Treat bag. Probably 1 of Guteys best returns on investment in his career.

Brian took a PS for peanuts who played at CB2 level to a player earning us essentially a top 100 area selection +12Mil Cap exchange over 2023-2024. In exchange for a 150 overall

Plus both Stokes and J’aire will be back next year. Plus we’ve got several new guys that look promising that need to get time.
Not to mention what that Top 100 pick will bring. A player for 4 years?

Plus you go from a team in rebuild to a Postseason favorite.
I know it’s an emotional rollercoaster this year. But there’s a business side that can’t get in the way of emotions. If I was Rasul’s agent I’d tell him to count his blessings. He has an opportunity to showcase himself on a contender. That means another lucrative contract possibly as soon as next season.

The crème topping? Gute admirably sent him as close to his Hometown as you can ask for. It’s like you getting signed in GB 2 years ago and you grew up in St Cloud MN. Pretty brilliant actually.

Last edited:

Latest posts