Beat Chicago!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dom Capers better blitz the hell out of Cutler and forget nickel and dime defenses to try staying with those big, fast receivers. If Cutler isn't rushed hard he'll hit for big plays all afternoon. Might as well go all out on their qb and let the rest fall where it may.

In the end, though, isn't this game like two guys drawing straws with the winner going into the lions' den (not Detroit.)?

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I think playing Rodgers would be stupid. What's the point? There's been numerous media insiders who claim that Rodgers looks great during the media-access portion of practice and then when they leave, he heads for rehab. It's all for show. Besides, I'd rather beat those idiots with Flynn and a half-depleted roster. Talk about comical. Regardless, I just think the risk of getting hit hard enough to actually break it, is not worth the cost of missing the OTA's, mini-camps, etc. Same goes for Cobb. Other than the Dallas game, our D can't force a turnover to save their lives and we have arguably the worst special teams coverage unit (again) in the league. This is hardly playoff-worthy.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Dom Capers better blitz the hell out of Cutler and forget nickel and dime defenses to try staying with those big, fast receivers. If Cutler isn't rushed hard he'll hit for big plays all afternoon. Might as well go all out on their qb and let the rest fall where it may.

In the end, though, isn't this game like two guys drawing straws with the winner going into the lions' den (not Detroit.)?

That blitz idea might not work..... watched during the steelers game on several plays when we sent 2 blitzers and neither one got pressure...big ben ate us up. Our blitz package is weak sauce.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Yes, blitz and leave those big, fast WR 1on1 in a quick hitting offense with no one behind them. That should work.

Reaction score
Va - Jay -Jay cuNtler ..... fixed it for ya, that's better now

Oh, I like that, Oshkosh! Talk about this big ball being a small world? Jay~loss is from Santa Claus, Indiana, which happens to be the same berg as my ex-wife, so the fact that this personality lacking whiney interception machine is a Chicago Bear, just adds more incentive for my reason to dislike him. Too bad Mr. Robotic doesn't possess my ex'es fancy footwork! She's ALWAYS landed on her feet.....he doesn't.:D

If we don't beat these pukes Monday night, it's going to be one long nightmarish offseason for me. :mad:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I like that, Oshkosh! Talk about this big ball being a small world? Jay~loss is from Santa Claus, Indiana, which happens to be the same berg as my ex-wife, so the fact that this personality lacking whiney interception machine is a Chicago Bear, just adds more incentive for my reason to dislike him. Too bad Mr. Robotic doesn't possess my ex'es fancy footwork! She's ALWAYS landed on her feet.....he doesn't.:D

If we don't beat these pukes Monday night, it's going to be one long nightmarish offseason for me. :mad:

Sunday 3:25 Green Bay time

Reaction score
Sunday 3:25 Green Bay time

Oops! I stand corrected:confused: See how flustered I am already anticipating this game? TOO excited waiting for that lump of coal in my stocking, I guess! Senility setting in much too quickly.....and often, LTF.

3:25 Sunday it is! 4:25 our time and this time I will get the telecast in our region.....GO PACK GO!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, man!" :roflmao::tup:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oops! I stand corrected:confused: See how flustered I am already anticipating this game? TOO excited waiting for that lump of coal in my stocking, I guess! Senility setting in much too quickly.....and often, LTF.

3:25 Sunday it is! 4:25 our time and this time I will get the telecast in our region.....GO PACK GO!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS, man!" :roflmao::tup:

Merry Christmas to you too!!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It is crazy to think that after all is happened this year, we are still playing for the division in the final week of the season. On top of that going into that title game, arguably, our 4 best players are either out or questionable:

Rodgers
Lacy
Matthews
Cobb

I wonder how many other teams can say they have been without their 3 of their 4 best players including their MVP QB for most of the year and still had a chance to win the division title at the end of the season?

My guess is zero.

I`m going to mention a major loss that doesn`t get the recognition he deserves, Jermicheal Finley. I was one of those who was down on him last year as he was **** poor, but prior to his serious injury this season, he played his testimonials off for us, and deserves the recognition for it. I know financially it wont hit him too hard, but I hope he and his family have a good christmas, and he makes a full recovery. Just needed to be said.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bloozmann

If Rodgers was going to play, it would have been announced after the scan on Tuesday. It takes 5 minutes for a doctor to read it. The FO is going to sell us some excuse again this week. They are afraid Rodgers will re injure that collar bone. Let the man rest till next season. Dont be short sighted here. I really dont like the way the front office has been so secretive either

I dont think we can beat Chicago this time even with Rodgers. They just got embarrassed and will be pumped. No Matthews, Cobb, or Lacy...Let him rest his bones

Merry Christmas to everyone

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If Rodgers was going to play, it would have been announced after the scan on Tuesday. It takes 5 minutes for a doctor to read it. The FO is going to sell us some excuse again this week. They are afraid Rodgers will re injure that collar bone. Let the man rest till next season. Dont be short sighted here. I really dont like the way the front office has been so secretive either

I dont think we can beat Chicago this time even with Rodgers. They just got embarrassed and will be pumped. No Matthews, Cobb, or Lacy...Let him rest his bones

Merry Christmas to everyone
There'll be time enough for resting when the season's done. Do you really think Stoneburner, Newhouse, Bell, and the rest of the guys buried deep on the depth chart want to bag the last game and give upon the playoffs this year for a chance next year when the odds are against them even making the roster next summer?

B

Bloozmann

There'll be time enough for resting when the season's done. Do you really think Stoneburner, Newhouse, Bell, and the rest of the guys buried deep on the depth chart want to bag the last game and give upon the playoffs this year for a chance next year when the odds are against them even making the roster next summer?
Well, if you want to risk the health of one of the best QB's to play the game for those 3 getting a chance to show their stuff, then by all means, play Rodgers and suffer the consequences

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get my Christmas wish today :eek:(

I wished for:

Rodgers
Matthews
Collins
Jermichael
Bulaga
Sherrod
Randall Cobb
DuJuan Harris

To all magically return to their original good health. A Christmas Miracle is what I wanted.
I got none of that.

Meanwhile, the Niners are missing NONE of their best 12-15 players. Perfect for them.
I hope anyone beats them.

I see the Bears beating us like the Eagles and Giants did.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I didn't get my Christmas wish today :eek:(

I wished for:

Rodgers
Matthews
Collins
Jermichael
Bulaga
Sherrod
Randall Cobb
DuJuan Harris

To all magically return to their original good health. A Christmas Miracle is what I wanted.
I got none of that.

Meanwhile, the Niners are missing NONE of their best 12-15 players. Perfect for them.
I hope anyone beats them.

I see the Bears beating us like the Eagles and Giants did.
Sherrod is back, maybe not at orig health, but has been for a while. Maybe that screwed up your wish.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherrod is back, maybe not at orig health, but has been for a while. Maybe that screwed up your wish.
I saw him when they played Dallas here.... as best as I could.
He didn't play on offense, but I watched him on the sideline and I think he played special teams, kicks. He's a big big man.
I hope with another off-season, healthy, he can regain those feet and balance that Ted saw to draft him, and we can possibly get our 2 bookend tackles back that Ted had in mind when he used 2010 and 2011 1st round picks on OTs to protect the franchise Rodgers.

Bulaga needs a good run of health luck too.

Let's let the bad injury luck hit the Niners OL for the next 3 years. Their #1 picks there Anthony Davis, Joe Staley and Mike Iupati have not missed seasons. Barely even a game.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Win or lose, I hate the Bears. But there's something wrong with a playoff system that might keep Arizona out of the playoffs with 10 or 11 wins and give us a home game with 8--just as it was when Seattle got in with a 7 and 9 record and hosted a game.

Time to go to 2 divisions in each conference and take the top 4 in each division for the playoffs. Each team would play 2 games against division foes and 2 games outside it, so that divisional records would constitute the vast majority of games, and actually be the determining factor in playoff positioning. Eliminate the bye--it didn't hurt Pittsburgh, us, or Baltimore not having one.

NFC East Division: Washington, New York, Philly, Carolina, Tampa, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cleveland
NFC West Division: Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, St. Louis, Dallas, Arizona, San Fran, Seattle

This year Seattle, San Fran, Arizona and likely Green Bay would be the Western playoff contenders. Carolina, New Orleans, Philly, and Washington from the East.

The regular season would mean much more in the playoffs, which is the way it should be.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that it's wrong to keep out 10 and 11 win teams, disagree on the 2 division idea, but LIKE that you somehow kicked Chicago out of the NFC and into the AFC. :D A good demotion

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Air-Run Rodgers is starting.
Good.
I want him to go into this game with the biggest chip on his shoulder than he has ever had for any other game.
I want him and the Packers to run up the score.
It is time to embarrass the Bears in front of their home crowd on their turf and to beat them big after what they did to Air-Run and our season.
Turn the Monsters into the Meek of the Midway.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without the few guys that I respected such as Urlacher and Lovie, the Bears are worthless with their leadership core of Cutler and Marshall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts