Beat Chicago!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The SuperBowl at this time doesn't matter to me.
What I want more than anything is to beat the Bears to get back at those pesky $%¢œƒ¨µ∆∫#!*¬√s for what they did to us by taking away our Air-Run.
It is revenge time.
And that is why I want Air-Run to be in this game more than any of the others.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
While I too want us to kick the bears teeth in, I am a realist and dont see it happening. Why? Tooooo many injuries to key players and a defense that cant stop anyone. Now we will be missing CM3...AGAIN......and depending on how bad Lacys ankle is, I bet they wont risk him and rest him too. We all know that starks wont pound the rock like Lacy does, flynn looks like a cat on a hot stove, defense has more holes than swiss cheese...... Not looking good at all IMO. Bears did get beat by eagles, but we got beat at home by ourselves. Not much motovation left in me right about now.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Tough loss today, no doubt. But this is a new week. Philly gave the Packers a gift, hopefully they can take advantage. Go Packers, beat Chicago!

GO PACK GO!

Haha... yeah.... I'm with you. For me though, I want the Pack in the playoffs (to ultimately get their ***** beat by whomever they play in the wild card round if Rodgers is NOT back) just to keep the Bears (fans) OUT of the playoffs. I don't want Bears' fans to have North Division Champion bragging rights under ANY circumstances. If that means having to sit through a humiliating first round playoff exit, then so be it.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you live and die with Packers football like I have for the past 57 years, it doesn't get any better than this.
The division championship comes down to the Packers and Bears on the last game of the season.
This is the rivalry I grew up with.
Certainly I'm concerned about the injury situation with Rodgers, Mathews and Lacy going into the biggest game of the season, but weather or not they play the fact remains that the Packers are still in it to beat da Bears in the final regular season game and tack another divisional championship on the wall.
Go Pack Go!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I too want us to kick the bears teeth in, I am a realist and dont see it happening. Why? Tooooo many injuries to key players and a defense that stop anyone. Now we will be missing CM3...AGAIN......and depending on how bad Lacys ankle is, I bet they wont risk him and rest him too. We all know that starks wont pound the rock like Lacy does, flynn looks like a cat on a hot stove, defense has more holes than swiss cheese...... Not looking good at all IMO. Bears did get beat by eagles, but we got beat at home by ourselves. Not much motovation left in me right about now.
Agree. Just pointing out you said Clay hasn't played that great in another thread. ;)

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha... yeah.... I'm with you. For me though, I want the Pack in the playoffs (to ultimately get their ***** beat by whomever they play in the wild card round if Rodgers is NOT back) just to keep the Bears (fans) OUT of the playoffs. I don't want Bears' fans to have North Division Champion bragging rights under ANY circumstances. If that means having to sit through a humiliating first round playoff exit, then so be it.

Ha - why not??? The last time they had North Division bragging rights - how'd that work out for them? LOL!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ha - why not??? The last time they had North Division bragging rights - how'd that work out for them? LOL!

I know. I know a lot of Bears fans who really took that North Division championship to the hilt ... UNTIL ... the Pack won the Super Bowl. My wife's uncle wore that damned Bears' hat all of the time...unless he knew I was going to be around my SB hat. Heh heh heh ...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers vs Bears! winner has bragging rights and will win the division. Who will represent the North in the playoffs? Until the Bears got murdered last night i was having a horrible day and was really disspointed with this teams lackluster effort against Pittsburgh.

Theres no way in Heck Rodgers sits this week...i'm calling it now and am saying he plays right along with Cobb and Lacy who toughs it out. If this game didn't have the ramifications it does i wouldn't expect to see Rodgers but this is different. Same thing can be said about Cobb. I expect to see both guy's Sunday afternoon. This is to BIG of a game to have our best players watching from the sideline if they can help win the game. Hopefully by Weds. MM will name Rodgers starter so we don't have any distractions going into Sunday. Make Rodgers wear bigger shoulder pads if you have to but hes got to play.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Agree. Just pointing out you said Clay hasn't played that great in another thread. ;)

This is true!!!....but he is also someone the other team has to game plan for just incase he were to have pulled his head out of his *** and had a good game. Accountability.....now we have none. Who the hell do the bears have to be afraid of on the packers? Nobody at all because Flynn cant throw the ball in any type of weather further than 10-15 yards accuratly. They are licking their chops for the MNF game..... I would be if I was them.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
In principal, I agree with you, RO. My gut tells me though that Rodgers is further away than anyone thought. Larry McCarren said yesterday during the pregame show that anyone who watched the Packers practice last week knew full well that Rodgers wasn't even close. Now, he didn't get into much beyond that ...

Anyhow, I like the Pack's chances against the Bears as they are ... provided Jay Cutler starts for the Bears. He's our ace-in-the-hole, man.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I would like to see us win, I don't think we have much of a chance next week. No Rodgers. No Clay. No Cobb. This just isn't our year and I don't believe the Bears are anywhere near as bad as the results showed last night. Fortunately I don't know of any obnoxious Bears fans around here that might want to rub it in. Just a bunch of giddy Panther fans who come out of hibernation every 4-5 years when they are relevant.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally like to believe that even though many believe that it is "not our year " (which had been said a lot) it is also not the Vikings year, or the Lions year and the Bears don't deserve it. In other words, why not just take it? Forget the playoffs right now. Win the NFC North. Then, guess what? Everyone is 0-0 and records don't matter.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is crazy to think that after all is happened this year, we are still playing for the division in the final week of the season. On top of that going into that title game, arguably, our 4 best players are either out or questionable:

Rodgers
Lacy
Matthews
Cobb

I wonder how many other teams can say they have been without their 3 of their 4 best players including their MVP QB for most of the year and still had a chance to win the division title at the end of the season?

My guess is zero.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While I too want us to kick the bears teeth in, I am a realist and dont see it happening. Why? Tooooo many injuries to key players and a defense that stop anyone. Now we will be missing CM3...AGAIN......and depending on how bad Lacys ankle is, I bet they wont risk him and rest him too. We all know that starks wont pound the rock like Lacy does, flynn looks like a cat on a hot stove, defense has more holes than swiss cheese...... Not looking good at all IMO. Bears did get beat by eagles, but we got beat at home by ourselves. Not much motovation left in me right about now.

With Clay our didnt we play pretty well on Def?

Reaction score

To steal a line from the movie "Johnny Dangerously" referencing my feelings on the Bears?

"Those FARGIN BASTAGES!"

On a serious note about this game for all the marbles? Lady Luck has certainly smiled on us recently, pulling out the win against the Falcons, the big comeback win in Dallas, being in the same division as the Lionesses and by the grace of the "Packer Pope," today we enjoy a "stay of execution" thanks to the Bears getting embarrassed last night. With all these injuries and to still have a chance to win the division is just absolutely absurd, especially with a unit of "cardboard cutouts" wearing numbers on them that we call a defense in addition to people on the OL just not getting the job done, physically. AND mentally? > :confused: < We're now approaching week 18! Jesus H. Kee~rhyst!

We've been extremely fortunate to have yet one more chance to make the playoffs, but realistically, as you mentioned, Oshkosh, with as many injuries to so many key players (and now, two more?), I'm hoping, but I'm just not sure if there is enough left in the tank on both sides of the ball to survive one more game, espcially "IF" AR is not under center which I don't expect he will be. And it's a crap shoot as to which Flynn emerges from the pod this week. The one we seen in the second half at Dallas? Or yesterday? As porous as the Chicago defense is, I'm just not that confident with Flynn winning a boat race even against a Cutler-led Bear offense. And we all know they will have their annual "on" for us in a big way.

I've been a Packer fan since '58 and endured the good with the bad. The worst of those times was having to watch Sayres make our defense look like they were standing in Super Glue. That was hard to watch, but losing the division title to these bums on national tv would be my worst nightmare! I'll never predict a Packer's loss! I'm praying we play the game of our lives, take the division crown and I have to choke down a heaping plate of "crow," compliments of Matt Flynn.

Members online

Latest posts