Bears studs n duds

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS played hurt tonight and was a decoy (wasn't thrown at tonight once)

Some of you are wildly lame.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only complaint I can point to is I would've liked to see the D not quit in the final 8 minutes even with the game locked up.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruh are you serious right now? So MVS had a quiet night today against Chicago. He didn't need to have a big game, he had one the week prior to last against Jacksonville in case you've forgotten. Yes he made a costly fumble against Indy but he wasn't the sole reason why we lost. If not for the fumble we wouldn't have had that stupid thread to begin with b/c of that clutch catch he made to help get The Packers into OT. He had a quiet night, and that's ok. He wasn't needed. We blew these guys out and for some reason he's a dud because he needed to redeem himself? Gimme a break!

Calm down. If my dud opinion really affects you that much then I'm sorry

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No its just if you disagree with my comment I just want see your point, doesn’t have to be a long discussion maybe I didn’t see something and I might agree with you if I know what your point is

Comfortable?

Comfortable C O M F O R T A B L E comfortable.

That was a rhetorical question.

Oh... I didn't study those.

What.

Rhetoricals.

1000 points if you can name the TV show this exchange came from. Extra credit If you can name the company involved. Note... It may not be verbatim but it's damn close.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fell asleep near the end, but was a pretty good overall team performance.

Still not great run D and tackling at times

Studs, Preston finally, AR, WR&TE, Oline seemed to be very dominant allowing AR 6 seconds to find DA on first TD

the type of performance we need on a more regular basis

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs that stood out above a lot of them:

Jenkins - what this second year guy has done for us along the offensive line front is nothing short of amazing. *Honorable mention here as well is Runyon, continuing to make many of us and the organization look like geniuses for wanting him drafted.

Savage - I hesitate to put him here, because let's be completely honest - Mitch nearly handed the ball to us, but you gotta make the play with the ball in the air and he did.

WR Blocking - I gotta give some serious love to EQ/MVS/Lazard in something too many fans are ignorant to. Multiple times I saw EQ or MVS especially excelling at this. This is the kinda stuff that wins game.

Duds - tough but I'll say two

Davante looked off, now granted off for him is still our best WR, but his hands looked rough and just seemed off. I'm curious to know if he was maybe fighting an illness or something tonight.

JK - I like the kid, but man...however I constantly remind myself he doesn't get called upon a ton.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They played well. Da Bears suck though. Their defense is good and we didn't have many problems with them, even after Linsley went out again. Jenkins is a stud and they shuffled right in and didn't miss a beat. It helped to not have to face Hicks up front though too.

I liked some plays by our defense. Savage showing the range and ball skills i've been waiting to see in a game. Preston seemed more disciplined. King should have had an INT, you can't just miss those easy ones if you want to be great. Overall, not terribly impressed with D. It looked good, but Mitch is a one read wonder and not very good either. We still had moments of looking pretty good and "WTF was that", it's just those didn't really stand out as, Da Bears suck. So it didn't hurt as much when they did.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They played well. Da Bears suck though. Their defense is good and we didn't have many problems with them, even after Linsley went out again. Jenkins is a stud and they shuffled right in and didn't miss a beat. It helped to not have to face Hicks up front though too.

I liked some plays by our defense. Savage showing the range and ball skills i've been waiting to see in a game. Preston seemed more disciplined. King should have had an INT, you can't just miss those easy ones if you want to be great. Overall, not terribly impressed with D. It looked good, but Mitch is a one read wonder and not very good either. We still had moments of looking pretty good and "WTF was that", it's just those didn't really stand out as, Da Bears suck. So it didn't hurt as much when they did.

I also didn't think the Defense did that great...Mitch ruined any chance they had with 2 BONE HEAD throws to our DBs and the fumble. They were moving the ball when not being stupid, and I was fearful if it stayed close because their run offense could have been a problem.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They needed that bounce back win. They have got to play four quarters tho. When the offense plays the full game, they look pretty good. They still can get the #1 seed, but I’d almost rather them not because they look flat after bye weeks.

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As shaky as our defense is, they still held them to 10 pts after 3 quarters.

Dud to Garbage Time defense..

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to call him a stud, but I liked some of the snaps out of Winn on the front. He shows flashes at times that make me want to see him more.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not going to call him a stud, but I liked some of the snaps out of Winn on the front. He shows flashes at times that make me want to see him more.

I agree. Winn improves the DL whenever he is on the field. He could be a really solid pickup if he continues to do so with a bigger snap count.

The whole team is a stud because it was a very nice team effort. Buuuut the garbage time defense continues to kill me . I understand playing a bit softer when you are this far in lead but Packers always play soft so going even softer is just begging to give the opponents yards and points en masse. Bears should have scored 17 points at best and even that is generous. I dont really understand the logic behind this.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have a 31 point lead after 3 quarters, there shouldn't be a possibility of it becoming a one score game late . this team needs to be like the Patriots of a few years ago. If you have a 21-point lead, make it 28. If you have a 28 point lead make it 35, and so on .

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was encouraged that every touchdown was scored by someone different.

St Brown did okay, too.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you want to hand out a Dud in this game, it clearly belongs to the defense.

Yes, they scored a touchdown, and you can't take that from them.

And yes, they intercepted Trubisky, and that's worth noting.

However, they continue to play poor fundamental defense, and the interceptions were just as much a result of a terrible QB throwing into double/triple coverage when other options were open to him.

David Montgomery averaged 8.9 yards per touch during a season in which he's averaging 4.7.

The Bears only punted twice. When Trubisky wasn't totally stupid, they were able to move the ball. Their offense is averaging 4.7 yards per play on the season, and were running at a 5.4 yard per play clip last night.

25 points is also the most they've scored since week 3.

The Packers are not sound in playing their gaps and they don't tackle. That's going to really, really hurt them if they don't clean it up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
However, they continue to play poor fundamental defense,
One thing about all bad defenses, When the DBs have the ball carrier stacked up about 2-3 yards short of the first down and a defensive lineman comes and piles on pushing the entire pile forward for the first. Three times I recall from last night. Many bad defenses, not just GB, does this. I never noticed the Bears D do this.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruh are you serious right now? So MVS had a quiet night today against Chicago. He didn't need to have a big game, he had one the week prior to last against Jacksonville in case you've forgotten. Yes he made a costly fumble against Indy but he wasn't the sole reason why we lost. If not for the fumble we wouldn't have had that stupid thread to begin with b/c of that clutch catch he made to help get The Packers into OT. He had a quiet night, and that's ok. He wasn't needed. We blew these guys out and for some reason he's a dud because he needed to redeem himself? Gimme a break!

MVS was active blocking out there. I think the way our WRs block for one another and the RBs is one of the secrets to our success.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When you have a 31 point lead after 3 quarters, there shouldn't be a possibility of it becoming a one score game late . this team needs to be like the Patriots of a few years ago. If you have a 21-point lead, make it 28. If you have a 28 point lead make it 35, and so on .

Agreed.

For those who didn't see the Chiefs close their game out against Tampa Bay yesterday, Andy Reid showed that he not only knows how to secure a victory, he showed a whole lot of faith in his QB to do it.

Quick recap for those who didn't see it. KC needed to pick up a first down or give the ball back to Tampa Bay with around 40 seconds to go and only a 3 point lead. Instead of 3 straight running plays and a most likely punt to run the clock down to that 40 seconds, Reid let Mahomes throw it on both 2nd and 3rd down. He completed both passes and picked up a first down, game over.

No doubt in my mind McCarthy runs 3 straight times and hopes his defense holds on. MLF? Not sure what he would do, guessing run, but maybe not.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only complaint I can point to is I would've liked to see the D not quit in the final 8 minutes even with the game locked up.

Was Savage out there in the 4th? Others here disagree but those points Chicago put up in garbage time don't mean anything, really. By January nobody will care what the final score was. The Ws are all that matter.

Staff online

Members online