Bears studs n duds

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
W's are all that matter, but our defense finishes games how they play them, very inconsistent. I just don't care for their approach. They're talented enough to be better. By allowing such laxness I think that attitude carries over into the entire game. It won't work against good teams, well not likely anyway.

Teams that play disciplined and with effort all the time don't always win, but teams that only turn it on when they think they need to sometimes can't when it counts. I wish this defense had a different attitude to it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
RPO on 4th and 2 at the 40 with 3 minutes left in the game.

With a 16 point lead yes. I meant to ask what he would do in the situation of just a 3 point lead, my bad for not asking the question better.

I did like MLF's willingness to gamble a bit more last night, but also helps to know that most of his gambles paid off.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was encouraged that every touchdown was scored by someone different.

St Brown did okay, too.
Agree except St. Brown has this bad habit of trying to run around the blockers to the sideline instead of heading upfield for a first down.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs MLF and Rodgers. For game plan and spreading the ball around. Trust goes both ways.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Ugh it's the spoiled Packer fan talking but just wish we hadn't given up those two garbage time TDs. Meaningless on the Bears part but annoying.

I knew the game was well within hand, but I was getting annoyed too. Not sure if it was the defensive scheme or if it was just lack of effort from the players.

Krabs

Reaction score
The Bears have (had?) a pretty good defense and the Packers just came out and punched them in the face and never really let up.

The Bears had the #1 ranked red zone defense in the league coming into that game. I was impressed how the Packers made it look easy. That was a fun win against a good defense. I also saw at the end of the game there were 0 sacks, 0 pressures and 8 hurries. With Mack on the defensive side that is a pretty impressive showing for the offensive line.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I knew the game was well within hand, but I was getting annoyed too. Not sure if it was the defensive scheme or if it was just lack of effort from the players.

I wouldn't say I was annoyed in the sense that I really care about the defense giving up points in that scenario. But I was bothered in that poor gap responsibility and tackling are recurring issues that need to improve or it will cost the Packers in a game that's a lot more competitive.

Krabs

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I was annoyed in the sense that I really care about the defense giving up points in that scenario. But I was bothered in that poor gap responsibility and tackling are recurring issues that need to improve or it will cost the Packers in a game that's a lot more competitive.

My annoyance comes more from that I wanted the score to look outrageous because I don't like the Bears or their fans. The wider the gap the better the headlines. Although, the headlines have been pretty spectacular regardless the garbage time scores.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Bears had the #1 ranked red zone defense in the league coming into that game. I was impressed how the Packers made it look easy. That was a fun win against a good defense. I also saw at the end of the game there were 0 sacks, 0 pressures and 8 hurries. With Mack on the defensive side that is a pretty impressive showing for the offensive line.

Yup and not sure if the Bears defense didn't come to play last night or the Packers offense is just THAT good. I think maybe a combination of both? The Bears definitely missed Hicks and while it appeared they were doing their fair share of trash talking out there, they didn't seem to have the physical energy they normally have. The Bears LB's normally scare me, last night, I hardly heard any of their names mentioned. So kudos to the MLF, Rodgers and the Packers offense and thanks to the Bears defense for possibly not fully showing up.

Another really good outcome of this game is the fact that the Packers play the Bears again in the final game of the regular season. Had the Bears won last night, I think it energizes and awakens them. Possibly even putting them into a position of that final game meaning a playoff berth. This might have been a big enough kick in the teeth that the Bears hibernate the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this may have been the best offensive performance in the MLF era.

On the other hand, I already see some fans being fooled into thinking the defense played well. They didn't. Mitch is simply that bad at quarterbacking. When you play the 2nd worst offense in the NFL and drop in in the rankings you didn't do that well.

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree except St. Brown has this bad habit of trying to run around the blockers to the sideline instead of heading upfield for a first down.

lol.

Probably why we always called Antonio Freeman the "Sideline Seeking Missile". He always beelined for out of bounds.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calm down. If my dud opinion really affects you that much then I'm sorry
Dude Im completely calm. I just think you had a lousy opinion regarding MVS being a dud for such a petty reason and I simply gave my thoughts on the matter.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Comfortable?

Comfortable C O M F O R T A B L E comfortable.

That was a rhetorical question.

Oh... I didn't study those.

What.

Rhetoricals.

1000 points if you can name the TV show this exchange came from. Extra credit If you can name the company involved. Note... It may not be verbatim but it's damn close.
What are you trying to say? Mean or what?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Comfortable?

Comfortable C O M F O R T A B L E comfortable.

That was a rhetorical question.
Haven’t got a clue what your trying to say
Oh... I didn't study those.

What.

Rhetoricals.

1000 points if you can name the TV show this exchange came from. Extra credit If you can name the company involved. Note... It may not be verbatim but it's damn close.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you trying to say? Mean or what?

Not mean at all. Dante's question about expecting a discussion was more of a rhetorical question meaning he wasn't really looking for an answer. I love the TV show MASH and what I quoted was from a scene in one of the shows. If you know me at all you will find that I love obscure TV references and I use them quite a bit. I agree with you about giving an X then not saying why but some people on here are famous for it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well said. Playing prevent is not the same as playing fundamentally unsound football. When you are up by 31 points in the 4th quarter I don't really care that their offense runs off a 10 play 5 minute drive for a score by making a bunch of short yardage pass plays as long as you tackle the guy when he makes that short yardage catch.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a complete game for the Pack....4th quarter 'prevent' defense was a little shaky, and Mason missed an extra point, but those are quibbles. This was a solid effort against a divisional rival after an OT loss the week before - That's encouraging.

That said, let's not kid ourselves - The Bears are a hot mess right now. Green Bay should beat them handily, and they did.

Interesting to see what the Eagles look like tonight....

Members online

Latest posts