Bad news for the Vikings

Sky King

Reaction score
Hopefully, the young man makes a full and rapid recovery.

When the Packers play another team I want both teams to be at full strength. I expect the Vike's D and Peterson to crank it up a notch to compensate for the loss. They're a talented, well-coached team that will re-group as best they can under the circumstances. What else can they do? They're not out of the hunt by any means.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were them I'd bring in Kaepernick and try to limit him to no more than what Teddy did, which was handoff and don't make stupid mistakes. They guy only threw 14 TD's, so his production won't be missed, it's the fact that he only had 9 picks that they will miss.
Kaepernick sounds like a good option. If not for the fortune he will cost.

They dont have a legit option on the roster. Unless they trade for someone, they are screwed...

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
The Packers already had the easiest schedule in the league. Now Bridgewater and Romo are probably out for those three games.

Do the Packers now have the easiest schedule by any team in the last 40 years? Maybe. I think this Packer team is going to look a lot like the Panthers did last year, 14-2 is doable, maybe even 15-1. Just gotta finish it off better than them with a big Super Bowl victory!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never cheer an injury (unless I severely disliked the person) since we know how an injury to a key player can derail an entire season. With that being said, the Packers have an excellent chance of sweeping the division. This injury is devastating to the Vikings. Shaun Hill is the current backup (I think) and he is a big step down from Bridgewater.

Not only do the Vikings lose their quarterback this season, but the injury sounds gruesome. It might have lingering effects.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This sucks to see, it really does. Sorry to the Vikings fanbase, we know how you feel.

I'm going to sound like an *** here for a bit, but I'm already tired of seeing "this was our year" posts coming from Vik fans across the boards.

Do we even know if Teddy B is real deal yet? They're acting like a top 5 QB just went down. While the QB position is obviously extremely important, the Vikings clear strength is Adrian Peterson and their defense.

H

HardRightEdge

Isn't he trying to be a baseball player?
I was joking, sort of. Desperate times call for desperate measures. As for baseball, he's 29 years old and has not played since high school. There's a contract offer out to play in the Venezuelan winter league.

The Vikings are built to run and play defense. There's one particular team in the division who's DC has had trouble with running QBs over the years.

Tebow is not anybody I'd ever sign, but it could work for them given the alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15-1 doesn't mean **** in the post season. This team can no longer rely on injuries and favorable schedules.

IT IS TIME TO STEP UP AND PROVE THEY CAN WIN WHEN IT COUNTS

If they do, it's an EASY world title for us.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
After watching Christian Ponder play for the 49ers Friday night, I am confident he will be an option for the Vikings. Veteran who is totally familiar with their system.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so AP will be getting 80 carries per game for probably like 2.7 yds each

Hey, I've got him on my fantasy team. I'll take it

Good points, Mondio. While it would be a big loss for them , maybe not as big as it would be for other teams for the reasons you mentioned.
I'm thinking the Vikes put in a call to the Browns to trade for McCown.

I'm not a McCown fan by any means but if I'm the Browns I'd keep him around. RGIII may be comeback player of the year or he may turn out to be a big flop. Unless they can save a ton in cap space, and replace him with someone else capable, I wouldn't take the risk. Of course if the vikings offered a lot for him that may change but I doubt he would garner more than a 5th rounder and probably not even that.

I'm going to sound like an *** here for a bit, but I'm already tired of seeing "this was our year" posts coming from Vik fans across the boards.

Do we even know if Teddy B is real deal yet? They're acting like a top 5 QB just went down. While the QB position is obviously extremely important, the Vikings clear strength is Adrian Peterson and their defense.

But they can say it and there will be no way of proving them wrong. The vikings could go 0-16 (I can dream can't I) but that doesn't mean Bridgewater couldn't have lead them to the SB. I know its far fetched and just as unlikely but its going to be their rallying cry for the rest of the season.

Hopefully, the young man makes a full and rapid recovery.

When the Packers play another team I want both teams to be at full strength. I expect the Vike's D and Peterson to crank it up a notch to compensate for the loss. They're a talented, well-coached team that will re-group as best they can under the circumstances. What else can they do? They're not out of the hunt by any means.

I don't like to see anyone injured either but as far as being full strength when they play the Packers I'm not going to cry that it isn't going to happen. If the Packers win their two games against the vikings and their game against the cowboys by 1 point each I'm not going to say "gee I wish they would have had Bridgewater and Romo" That is assuming poor QB play is the reason they lose.

I'd bet that some part of you wishes Terrell Davis's migraine would have kept him out of the SB, or at the very least kept him as effective as he was in the first quarter.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always nice to gain strength over a rival, but not like this. Feel so bad for Teddy :( Sounds like a horrible injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yep, the Vikings are a 5-11 or 6-10 team without Teddy.

The Vikings will still be a competitive teambecause of their running game and defense but won't make the playoffs without Bridgewater.

Who is their current backup, oh if I wanted a QB, I'd look at Zack Mettenburger too.

Currently the Vikings depth chart includes Shaun Hill and Joel Stave. With currently less than $7 million in cap space available Minnesota can't afford to trade for either Kaepernick or McCown.

D

Deleted member 6794

They'll probably wait for Kapernic to get cut then attempt to sign him cheap if they want to give him a try.

I don't expect the Niners to release Kaepernick with the uncertainty at their quarterback situation. With $49 million in cap space they don't need the savings either.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings re-signed one of their own, QB Brad Sorenson, whom they had cut earlier. That should quell the Vick/Ponder/Kaepernick, etc. rumors - at least for now.

But, hey, what the heck? Matt Flynn is still available......:p

Sky King

Reaction score
...I don't like to see anyone injured either but as far as being full strength when they play the Packers I'm not going to cry that it isn't going to happen. If the Packers win their two games against the vikings and their game against the cowboys by 1 point each I'm not going to say "gee I wish they would have had Bridgewater and Romo" That is assuming poor QB play is the reason they lose.

I'd bet that some part of you wishes Terrell Davis's migraine would have kept him out of the SB, or at the very least kept him as effective as he was in the first quarter.
To be considered the best you have to beat the best. For some there is greater reward in accomplishing the more difficult. And I'll bet you're not one of them.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Vikings re-signed one of their own, QB Brad Sorenson, whom they had cut earlier. That should quell the Vick/Ponder/Kaepernick, etc. rumors - at least for now.

Well, that causes a lot of fear in defensive coordinators around the league. ;)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't he trying to be a baseball player?
Like thousands before him in the last 100 years, the dreaded breaking ball will likely ensure that will be an abbreviated foray. He looked completely helpless. He is haunted by the ghost of Candy Cummings.

H

HardRightEdge

Like thousands before him in the last 100 years, the dreaded breaking ball will likely ensure that will be an abbreviated foray. He looked completely helpless. He is haunted by the ghost of Candy Cummings.
"ghost of Candy Cummings"...nice touch.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bridgewater's scrambling ability is probably what the Vikings will miss the most considering their pass protection wasn't good. As a passer, 14 TDs is not very good, although he is young player who could have improved this offseason.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was joking, sort of. Desperate times call for desperate measures. As for baseball, he's 29 years old and has not played since high school. There's a contract offer out to play in the Venezuelan winter league.

The Vikings are built to run and play defense. There's one particular team in the division who's DC has had trouble with running QBs over the years.

Tebow is not anybody I'd ever sign, but it could work for them given the alternatives.

His journey into and out of the NFL was ironic, dude could have stuck as an H-back. Pride goeth before the fall.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that causes a lot of fear in defensive coordinators around the league. ;)

No doubt. Sorenson was the guy who was cut in favor of Joel Stave, who as I recall from his time with the Badgers, had trouble reading defenses. I'm sure it will get a lot easier in the NFL.........

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts