Bad news for the Vikings

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if this has any affect on what the Packers do with Joe Callahan? With how he's playing I could see the Viking snatch him off our PS.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if this has any affect on what the Packers do with Joe Callahan? With how he's playing I could see the Viking snatch him off our PS.

Uhh, that was already in question when Romo went down.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That just means as long as we stay healthy the division just got even easier

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, the Vikings are a 5-11 or 6-10 team without Teddy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sucks for them, but the were more based in defense and a running game. losing your starting QB always hurts, but the question going into this year was, "is teddy going to make a jump?" to put them over the top. IMO, if they have someone that doesn't commit a lot of mistakes and turnovers and is just OK with the ball, they'll still be tough to beat. I don't know if they have that guy on the roster, but losing Teddy is not like losing one of the better QB's in the league. he's replaceable, at least his past level of play was. The defense and their RB were going to dictate their season anyway for the most part.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sucks for them, but the were more based in defense and a running game. losing your starting QB always hurts, but the question going into this year was, "is teddy going to make a jump?" to put them over the top. IMO, if they have someone that doesn't commit a lot of mistakes and turnovers and is just OK with the ball, they'll still be tough to beat. I don't know if they have that guy on the roster, but losing Teddy is not like losing one of the better QB's in the league. he's replaceable, at least his past level of play was. The defense and their RB were going to dictate their season anyway for the most part.

Good points, Mondio. While it would be a big loss for them , maybe not as big as it would be for other teams for the reasons you mentioned.
I'm thinking the Vikes put in a call to the Browns to trade for McCown.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very true, but Teddy made defenses respect the passing game for the most part. If your QB can't take advantage of stacked boxes, you're in for a long long game on offense and will struggle to score over 10 points in the NFL. This also stresses your defense and lets face it, while the Vikings defense will be good, its not the same defense of the old Ravens or Buccaneers that can maintain and sustain game after game of your offense putting up crap statistics and scores. In other words, the Vikings defense wont be good enough to win our division by itself.

Plus whoever gets thrown into the fire there, will have a short short time to get situated and learn the playbook. I sense a 5-6 win season for the Queens coming up.

Matt39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were them I'd bring in Kaepernick and try to limit him to no more than what Teddy did, which was handoff and don't make stupid mistakes. They guy only threw 14 TD's, so his production won't be missed, it's the fact that he only had 9 picks that they will miss.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were them I'd bring in Kaepernick and try to limit him to no more than what Teddy did, which was handoff and don't make stupid mistakes. They guy only threw 14 TD's, so his production won't be missed, it's the fact that he only had 9 picks that they will miss.
I hate they lost a good young player, or appears so anyway. Kaepernick is the most hated guy in the league this week, I really would hate him there. With Dallas and Minny in trouble he likely could wind up at one of the two.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are time when being Vikings fan really sucks, rather than just sucking normally. :(

Having been a Packer fan since the sixties, and living through the 70's and 80's versions, I can sympathize. I remember the hope we had with the Cardiac Pack and the Majik Man. And then he got hurt the next year. We lived through Dilwig and Kiel, then Tomczak. He finally looked like he was going to be ok, but got hurt again in 1992. And then it all changed.

Not a Viking fan, but certainly can commiserate with anyone that has to go through what we did in those two decades. And you never know, maybe some lemonade comes out of this lemon. Anyway, just wanted to let you know this Packer fan understands just how disappointing this is for you.