Bad news for the Vikings

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a career threatening injury, and will likely be 2 years before Teddy will even be trying to play. Very sad.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a career threatening injury, and will likely be 2 years before Teddy will even be trying to play. Very sad.

If there's good news, it's that there doesn't appear to be any nerve damage, at least according to preliminary reports. He may see the field in 2017.

I'm not a Vikings fan, but still I wish this young man all the best. From what I've heard he's a good guy and a good teammate.

I'll root for him to get back on the field, but then I'll root for him to play poorly against Green Bay. Priorities, after all.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be considered the best you have to beat the best. For some there is greater reward in accomplishing the more difficult. And I'll bet you're not one of them.

What is the reward if you are the best team and you lose every game? I thought the goal of the NFL season was to win the Super Bowl not be the best team? The best team does not always win it so yes I'd rather have the championship team than the best team. No one has ever said "I'd rather be the best team than the winning team" and meant it. Its like when fans from the losing team says "we played better" and fans from the winning team say "yeah but we WON"

As a sports fan my reward is not the Packers being better than some other team. My reward is the enjoyment I get from the games they win and the performances the players deliver. I have absolutely no personal investment, other than time, in the Green Bay Packers and I have absolutely zero control or influence over how they perform so I take no personal reward in what they accomplish regardless of how they accomplish it.

Since everyone is so afraid of being accused of being happy for injuries I will say it this way. I would rather win a game against backups than lose a game against starters. Yes, I would rather win against the starters but the key is to win and facing backups gives a team a better chance to win. Again, since I have no influence over any injuries our opponents my suffer I'm not going to feel bad if we have to face them in a depleted condition. I will feel bad for the injured player and I will never hope a player gets injured just so we have an easier time but if it should happen I'm not going to feel guilty about the advantage our team suddenly has.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His journey into and out of the NFL was ironic, dude could have stuck as an H-back. Pride goeth before the fall.

Terrelle Pryor swallowed his pride and it just may keep him in the league. I don't know if Tebow could have made it as an H-back but the dude did have athletic ability. I wonder if he was given the opportunity?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like the fake tweet was actually right about teddy suffering from an ACL injury.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrelle Pryor swallowed his pride and it just may keep him in the league. I don't know if Tebow could have made it as an H-back but the dude did have athletic ability. I wonder if he was given the opportunity?

Tebow refused to switch positions and allways maintained he was a QB. He was willing to play certain roles here and there, (playing punt protector for the Jets), but he always said he no interest in playing any position other then QB full time

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow refused to switch positions and allways maintained he was a QB. He was willing to play certain roles here and there, (playing punt protector for the Jets), but he always said he no interest in playing any position other then QB full time

He had the body type and athletic ability to be a very good H-back just not the wisdom to understand that he needed to make that switch. A 6'3 240 plus pounder with natural route running qualities fluidity and strength, that would make for a very tough assignment inside.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did he hurt his leg so bad, without getting hit? I guess the upper part of the leg was separated from the lower part. OUCH! They said the quick professional medical attention he received may have saved his leg. What?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did he hurt his leg so bad, without getting hit? I guess the upper part of the leg was separated from the lower part. OUCH! They said the quick professional medical attention he received may have saved his leg. What?
Wow. Poor bastard. Hope he heals quickly and completely, but that sounds horrific. Man, one step, with no contact, and now he career maybe forever limited. Feel really bad for him. Plus, he is still on rookie deal. He had yet to really cash in.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
On the one hand I think "the week 2 game will have an asterisk by it should the Pack win," then I realize I don't really care, a win is a win.

This will be a good test for Spielman to see what kind of GM he is. Having Shaun Hill as one's backup is negligent IMHO as he is already proven to not be very good. I'd go the Teddy route (pause while everyone not interested in my GM choices vents) and get a rookie and start grooming him.

This smacks of Aaron's injury a few years ago when Teddy went through 3-4 backups until we got Flynn back to save an otherwise lost season, but I don't believe a rescuer is in the cards for them looking at the current stock of FA QBs.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

that is what i'm still trying to figure out. i'm assuming someone must have stepped on his foot and he twisted his body the opposite way with a lot of force. besides that there is no way his foot would have been resisting that much for his upper leg to tear it from the lower portion.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything I've seen says it was a 'no contact' injury which would preclude someone stepping on him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy Tore his ACL. He will be back after one year and should not have any lingering issues. The fact is that the Vikings won't be that worse off with a back up. Teddy managed just 14 TD passes last year. I feel bad for a young man trying to excel, especially in his rookie contract. Given all the Viking trolls over the years my sympathy does not extend to their fan base however.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy Tore his ACL. He will be back after one year and should not have any lingering issues.

But he didn't just tear his acl. He is dislocated his knee. This was not a garden variety all tear. This is an injury that is considered a career threatener.

9h9 hours ago
Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert
Tibiofemoral dislocation ... basically, Bridgewater's femur (upper leg) went off the tibia (shin, lower leg.) Yeah.

9h9 hours ago
Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."

@bryan_horwath Well, he had a ACL rupture and a tibiofemoral dislocation

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But he didn't just tear his acl. He is dislocated his knee. This was not a garden variety all tear. This is an injury that is considered a career threatener.

9h9 hours ago
Tibiofemoral dislocation ... basically, Bridgewater's femur (upper leg) went off the tibia (shin, lower leg.) Yeah.

9h9 hours ago
Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."

@bryan_horwath Well, he had a ACL rupture and a tibiofemoral dislocation

hope they explain how he did it by himself. OUCH!

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

From my understanding, the tear happened as he planted his foot at the top of his drop. As such, he had a lot weight/force on that knee. The ACL went and he collapsed in such a way that caused all the other damage.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the ACL goes, there isn't much to keep the knee in place so I can see how it dislocated if his knee remained planted.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
. Preventing knee injuries.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The fact is that the Vikings won't be that worse off with a back up. Teddy managed just 14 TD passes last year.

Bridgewater was for sure not an above average quarterback but he didn't turn the ball over a lot. The Vikings need to find a starter capable of managing a game to remain in contention. Currently they don't have one on their roster.

Members online

Latest posts