Bad news for the Vikings

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't the same Vikings. Zimmer is real deal.
Oh I think Zimmer is great. I just didn't think the passing game could win them games. I think the defense is very good and has become muc more opportunistic. Still feel like the Packers offense could have put up enough to win tonight with a normal Aaron Rodgers but that was not the case.

Sounds like Peterson might be ok so that is big for the Vikings. Only two big issues with The Vikings to me. The have a clutch and grab secondary. Not just Waynes either. Newman did it. Rhodes does it when healthy. Not a single interference call was questionable tonight. And the oline is rough. This isn't a great Packer drive but they kept us in the game. Sign of a good team though the Vikings overcame those things.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, in two of the games the Vikings won with Peterson running for less than 100 yards Minnesota had Favre as their quarterback and not either Hill or a newly arrived Bradford. Last year's season finale is the outlier with the Packers offense struggling mightily.

I'm convinced that the Packers defense containing Peterson is the key to this week's matchup as I don't expect the Vikings to put up a lot of points if that's the case.
Well, you were right about one thing. The Vikings didn't put up a lot of points.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, you were right about one thing. The Vikings didn't put up a lot of points.

Congratulations Raptorman on a nice looking stadium and a team which played a darn good game. I wish the win would have been ours, but that's football.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the new bad news for the Vikings is that AP has a meniscus tear in his right knee. The ACL tear was in his left knee a few years ago.

This Vikings team could easily win the division and be in the playoffs with a backup QB and backup RB for most of the season. They ran the ball effectively the last time that AP was out of the lineup for the season. Bradford seems capable and already has a strong connection with Diggs.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the new bad news for the Vikings is that AP has a meniscus tear in his right knee. The ACL tear was in his left knee a few years ago.

This Vikings team could easily win the division and be in the playoffs with a backup QB and backup RB for most of the season. They ran the ball effectively the last time that AP was out of the lineup for the season. Bradford seems capable and already has a strong connection with Diggs.

Not sure I would say they ran the ball that well. Their starting running back - Asiata - averaged 3.5 ypc. Mckinnon was much better but is not viewed at a 3 down back. Their stats were bolstered by Teddy running well. That will not happen with Sam Bradford and by Patterson having some long runs which teams are no longer fooled by. That was with a better run blocking oline.

Now the passing game is way different with Bradford. Rudolph has had a mini-resurgence as well to go with Diggs who has been very good. Will teams begin to roll coverage toward Diggs?

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

AP could be back in 4 weeks if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, Diggs is miles ahead of any receiver we have.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP could be back in 4 weeks if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, Diggs is miles ahead of any receiver we have.

4 weeks to 4 months depending on what is done

1. Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2h2 hours ago
    #Vikings Peterson also weighing impact of meniscus surgery on career. Full repair now could give him a few more yrs. Partial repair is risky
  2. Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 2h2 hours ago
    Been told meniscus options Adrian Peterson & #Vikings are weighing: partial repair & minimum 4 wk layup, or full repair w/ min 4 month layup
I wont get into the Diggs comment because there is so much hyperbole there and reaction to one game. I dont think we will be saying that about Jordy by the end of the year. Diggs looked very good last night so we will see.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wont get into the Diggs comment because there is so much hyperbole there and reaction to one game. I dont think we will be saying that about Jordy by the end of the year. Diggs looked very good last night so we will see

When Jordy returns to form I think he'll be great. So, I will give you Jordy and I like Cobb too, but the rest of the lot pretty much stink right now.

D

Deleted member 6794

When Jordy returns to form I think he'll be great. So, I will give you Jordy and I like Cobb too, but the rest of the lot pretty much stink right now.

Unfortunately McCarthy doesn't regularly play any other receiver than the top three on the depth chart.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah well so does the Vikings group. Theilen might be the best outside Diggs. Johnson is nothing special. Cobb is miles ahead of their number 2 wr :)

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive game plan and especially the execution was abysmal last night.

And on that we can agree. Which in some ways at least leaves me a little positive. Between passing yards, pi yardage and rodgers running they had over 300 yards out of passing plays. They ran the ball alright but they just could not convert when it mattered and were bad with ball security and our qb wasnt accurate and our best rb was inexplicably out of the game for a while, and....

Bad game but the pieces are there and their were glimpses last night

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or we are making teams look pretty good so far. Very frustrating to say the least!

Yup, its not them playing well its us playing poorly. No wonder other fans think we are arrogant a-holes.

P.S. its not just us its all fans. We are all arrogant a-holes.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, its not them playing well its us playing poorly. No wonder other fans think we are arrogant a-holes.

P.S. its not just us its all fans. We are all arrogant a-holes.

If we can't agree that there is a problem on O then I suppose we can just agree that we can tip our hats off to the better team for playing better and just hope for the best the rest of the schedule?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can add adrian peterson and their lt kalil to injured reserve. Their situation had such potential. But those injuries...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Or we are making teams look pretty good so far. Very frustrating to say the least!

Maybe the Pack are using the old pool hustle. Look bad at first so that your opponents underestimate you, then come on strong and beat the heck out of 'em. (Hope springs eternal...)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the Pack are using the old pool hustle. Look bad at first so that your opponents underestimate you, then come on strong and beat the heck out of 'em. (Hope springs eternal...)

Unfortunately, they then enter the 'second season' (the playoffs) and start the cycle all over again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

If that is the case, many of the Packers will be attending the Academy Awards instead of the SB.

Reaction score
This sucks for the Vikings. I hope AP heals quickly.
I also don't want any Vikings excuses when he returns to Lambeau

Members online

Latest posts