Adams won't play on tag.....****...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which Davante and his agent are fully aware of and no doubt are using to their advantage. IF that is a Rodgers demand, it is one that puts the Packers in quite the predicament. Here you have a QB you just made the highest paid player in the NFL and to keep him happy, you might have to overpay for the perceived best WR in the NFL. Great way to build a long term championship team.
Not going to lie, I am pretty irritated by this whole situation as it is the exact reason it is happening

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Well sure you can structure a contract however you want, doesn't mean the team will do or the player's agent. I don't see it personally.

I'm just looking at the possibilities and hopefully the front office is doing the same.

Which Davante and his agent are fully aware of and no doubt are using to their advantage. IF that is a Rodgers demand, it is one that puts the Packers in quite the predicament. Here you have a QB you just made the highest paid player in the NFL and to keep him happy, you might have to overpay for the perceived best WR in the NFL. Great way to build a long term championship team.

Doing all reasonable things top bring back Davante is one thing but if the FO agreed to bring back Davante at any cost then Gutekunst & Murphy should be replaced.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would still push back on our other receivers. Rodgers may suddenly appear to have this HOF receiver in Adams but for most of his career he spread the ball especially when he had The Big 5 back in 2011 and 2012. Even now his running backs are a strong part of the passing game. And do not forget that in the last 3 seasons the Packers have used the running game more effectively than in much of the MM era despite issues with OL line injuries. You can have Receiver by committee. But more than having a solid #2 the TE position in the passing game is more critical. That is a place where Rodgers has not had a lot of successful targets. And when you look at teams like SF, KC, TB, and Baltimore the TE position wins games. We thought Jimmy G would be able to fill that role but he was well past his glory days. Now I would say that back in our Sterling Sharpe years we WERE void of a #2, #3, etc. He was just about all Favre really had and even all Majkowski had.
Here's a thought. Maybe Clements will convince him to spread the ball around.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I am pretty irritated by this whole situation as it is the exact reason it is happening
Agree. Of course we both are perceiving it exists and I think with merit. Rodgers said that he did not want to be part of a rebuild. The allegiance between Rodgers and Adams was proven with their "Last Dance" post. Davante implied that his decision could be effected by Rodgers being on the team.

I hope the Packers are at least doing some shopping and seeing what they can get for Davante. Much like the Rodgers situation, the longer they wait, the less he will be worth to teams that have already filled their plans in for 2022.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta admit, I kind of admire the people that are willing to watch a terrible Packer's offense next season just to avoid paying the #1 WR in the game a few million extra dollars. It takes some serious moral commitment to say, "I would rather the whole thing burn down than pay a guy what another employer would be willing to pay him". Inspirational stuff really.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I gotta admit, I kind of admire the people that are willing to watch a terrible Packer's offense next season just to avoid paying the #1 WR in the game a few million extra dollars. It takes some serious moral commitment to say, "I would rather the whole thing burn down than pay a guy what another employer would be willing to pay him". Inspirational stuff really.

Wouldn't it be nice (for you) if the Packers could pay every player $200 Million per year? I mean, they work hard as Packer employees and screw the owners, they are Billionaires!

When you come down from your soap box, I hope you realize that nobody wants to see Davante starve or unable to clothe his kids, but what some of us are concerned with is the Cap and mortgaging it for the future.

You are acting like all of us hate certain players, because we don't want to see them get paid, no, that usually isn't the case. What we hope to see is the Green Bay Packers being able to build a solid team and not become so top heavy with 7-9 players getting an extra large share of the cap money. It appears that they can't do that (spread the cap out better) right now and are basically pushing all in. I am pretty sure if they fail, you will be blame Gute and Ball for not getting good players and screwing over the players they do have.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that is what we need to hear and so does Rodgers. There are Go To guys. Maybe if he used some of the others the 9ers go home a loser. Rodgers even would throw on an occasion to Tom Crabtree downfield because teams forgot to cover him.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not hear the Packers are 6-0 without Adams under MLF? How is that terrible?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice (for you) if the Packers could pay every player $200 Million per year? I mean, they work hard as Packer employees and screw the owners, they are Billionaires!

When you come down from your soap box, I hope you realize that nobody wants to see Davante starve or unable to clothe his kids, but what some of us are concerned with is the Cap and mortgaging it for the future.

You are acting like all of us hate certain players, because we don't want to see them get paid, no, that usually isn't the case. What we hope to see is the Green Bay Packers being able to build a solid team and not become so top heavy with 7-9 players getting an extra large share of the cap money. It appears that they can't do that (spread the cap out better) right now and are basically pushing all in. I am pretty sure if they fail, you will be blame Gute and Ball for not getting good players and screwing over the players they do have.

My moral high ground? When has it been a bad thing to believe a person is entitled to negotiate for what they (and I would guess numerous other employers) feel is justifiable compensation? Some people seem to believe a player should take a discount to "help the team win" or that player is awful and needs to go. First, what guarantee does the player have that the money he is foregoing is going to actually the team win? Does the player know for a fact that the GM will spend the money wisely? My "soap box" is, and has been, that players shouldn't be vilified because they want to be paid what they're worth.

I will never blame a player for earning a contract. Gute gets paid a lot of money. So does Russ Ball. It's not the players' job to make their jobs easier by sacrificing their compensation.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not hear the Packers are 6-0 without Adams under MLF? How is that terrible?

Solid sample size there. So you think they'll be 16-0 without Adams? You've swayed me. Ditch Adams, he's obviously a massive anchor on the team.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really hope the Packers hire a coach that convinces Rodgers to throw the ball to worse players just because (very rarely) the best receiver in the league can't help carry a receiving corps by himself. I'm sure the offense would improve massively if only Rodgers threw the ball more to Degueara and Lazard and fewer passes to the #1 WR in the league.

Whenever I hear this comment, I just want to point out that maybe if the team had some other good receivers maybe Rodgers wouldn't focus on the only good one he has?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will never blame a player for earning a contract.
Will you ever blame a player for not earning the contract/money that he signed for?

Again, you act like some of us care nothing about the player and only about...management? I don't know any of either personally, so I could give a rats *** about any of them individually. I also hope that you are aware that many of the players make more than Gute or Russ Ball? Are you mad about that?

Your being upset about some of us thinking Davante shouldn't be given top dollar is hilarious. "What's a few more million?" I think you asked. Has nothing to do with the player or do you know him personally? I will say it again, for most of us, this is about the 2022 Packers and beyond. I don't feel sorry for any of the players, to me they are just guys being overpaid to play a game, that I happen to enjoy watching and if one is taking more than the lions share of the money, I'm going to look at how it impacts the team, not his finances.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Solid sample size there. So you think they'll be 16-0 without Adams? You've swayed me. Ditch Adams, he's obviously a massive anchor on the team.

LOL so you think folks are crazy for even discussing a world in which the Packers don't have Adams and aren't autrocious....yet then when presented in a small period of three years where the Packers are 6-0 without Adams, you go entirely equally as crazy fully dismissing it as any reality or example of anything.

Fact, is this team's top level is higher with Adams here than without.

Fact, this team knows it can be successful without him, albeit more of a challenge.

Fact, there is a point where spending an insane amount of money on any position hinders the team - the trouble is no one really ever knows with certainty where that is given you never know who are the cheap options that will step up beyond their pay scale...or if the roster will flop at the expense.

Fact, it is fair and reasonable that valid concerns exist over paying Adams what he most likely wants and deserves.

Fact, it is fair and reasonable that validity exists in paying Adams anything and everything he most likely wants and deserves.

All of these things can be true...well because it they are.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the Packers hire a coach that convinces Rodgers to throw the ball to worse players just because (very rarely) the best receiver in the league can't help carry a receiving corps by himself.

Right now arguably there is literally not a single player you can add to our roster that isn't a worse player than Adams at the receiver position....

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Arizona win comes to mind. And that is how MLF must approach our offense and get ARod to execute it. You cannot go to Adams every time. You have to have other paths to scoring points. A good example this year is that we will face the Pats. No, they do not have Brady but they still have a good defense and a superlative head coach. BB's plan will be to take away Adams one way or another. So we know we have to move the ball other ways as well. In 2014 we beat the Pats and BB aimed to take away Jordy Nelson. Nelson did slip through some of the time but we used Cobb and Lacy as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL so you think folks are crazy for even discussing a world in which the Packers don't have Adams and aren't autrocious....yet then when presented in a small period of three years where the Packers are 6-0 without Adams, you go entirely equally as crazy fully dismissing it as any reality or example of anything.

Fact, is this team's top level is higher with Adams here than without.

Fact, this team knows it can be successful without him, albeit more of a challenge.

Fact, there is a point where spending an insane amount of money on any position hinders the team - the trouble is no one really ever knows with certainty where that is given you never know who are the cheap options that will step up beyond their pay scale...or if the roster will flop at the expense.

Fact, it is fair and reasonable that valid concerns exist over paying Adams what he most likely wants and deserves.

Fact, it is fair and reasonable that validity exists in paying Adams anything and everything he most likely wants and deserves.

All of these things can be true...well because it they are.

I’m perfectly fine with discussions about whether the team should pay him or not. My issue is fans trying to pretend he’s some kind of menace or a bad person for wanting to get paid.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My issue is fans trying to pretend he’s some kind of menace or a bad person for wanting to get paid.
I think you are now reverting to creating a strawman argument to try and prove your point. While I have seen 1-2 posters infer he is being greedy, I have never seen someone refer to him as a menace or bad guy.

Reaction score
Agree. Of course we both are perceiving it exists and I think with merit. Rodgers said that he did not want to be part of a rebuild. The allegiance between Rodgers and Adams was proven with their "Last Dance" post. Davante implied that his decision could be effected by Rodgers being on the team.

I hope the Packers are at least doing some shopping and seeing what they can get for Davante. Much like the Rodgers situation, the longer they wait, the less he will be worth to teams that have already filled their plans in for 2022.
The overpaying of Rodgers might have been part of the total Davante strategy. Rodgers is unlikely to cause friction because he won’t make more elsewhere. Plus the awful position we are in cap wise is largely the direct result Rodgers put us in.
(for overpaying him)

It is entirely possible that Davante is a menace? Could be a Bad guy? Very bad guy? :whistling:
No no. he’s just greedy I think that’s it.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The overpaying of Rodgers might have been part of the total Davante strategy. Rodgers is unlikely to cause friction because he won’t make more elsewhere. Plus the awful position we are in cap wise is largely the direct result Rodgers put us in.
(for overpaying him)

It is entirely possible that Davante is a menace to society? Could be a Bad guy? Very bad guy? :whistling:
No no. he’s just greedy I think that’s it.

I don't believe for a second a team like Broncos weren't prepared to pay him the same or more than us (they're in a much better fiscal spot than we are).

Reaction score
I don't believe for a second a team like Broncos weren't prepared to pay him the same or more than us (they're in a much better fiscal spot than we are).
I’d be willing to trade him for the exchange rate of $60m per season plus 3 seasons of draft picks.
Give me a call. 867-5309

When my phone rings. I’ll tell everyone.
“I got it!” I got it.. I got IT!!”

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I don't think the Packers "overpaid" Rodgers, given the QB market, I do believe paying him that amount, handcuffs them when it comes to putting a great team around him. Paying Davante top WR money, will further complicate the possibility of doing that. Rodgers may try to give people the impression that it wasn't about money, but the fact is, I doubt it was the Packers idea to hit the $50M per year mark.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’d be willing to trade him for the exchange rate of $60m per season plus 3 seasons of draft picks.
Give me a call. 867-5309

When my phone rings. I’ll tell everyone.
“I got it!” I got it.. I got IT!!”
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone know who this "Allen Worth" guy is? He sure got a lot of money for a WR I have never heard of. :coffee::rolleyes:

At first I though it might be Robinson Allen. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know who this "Allen Worth" guy is? He sure got a lot of money for a WR I have never heard of. :coffee::rolleyes:

At first I though it might be Robinson Allen. :rolleyes:

Dang...two things from this. One I really thought he might get more...but this is clear agents and teams are treating Kirk's deal as an outlier and ignoring it basically.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dang...two things from this. One I really thought he might get more...but this is clear agents and teams are treating Kirk's deal as an outlier and ignoring it basically.
I think he is actually a very good player and much better than Kirk. I think his injury history hurts him and even more, the QB's he has played with. Imagine if Rodgers was his QB and he stayed healthy, his numbers could be Adams like numbers.

Which actually is something to be said about Davante. Yes, he is a great WR, but he has benefited by not just having #12 as his QB, but basically being the only quality starting WR/TE on the team since Jordy and Cobb left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts