1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aaron Rodgers' comments after game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackersFanfromCali80, Jan 16, 2012.

1. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    He said, "It's going to be a new team next year. Disappointing knowing that this is last time this group will be together." Hmm...

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    It's unavoidable you lose people to free agency/cuts/retirements/trades and new people through the draft. He also knows coaches will be most likely going other places..

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Yeah, like last year.
    We lost Jenkins, Poppinga, Swain, Colledge, Justin Harrell, a few others.

It will happen this year too.
    We gotta cash in Flynn for a legit talent via a high draft pick, and if that means losing J-Mike, so beit. He won't get that giant contract from us.
    Maybe someone else, but not us.
    Keep him if it's for a decent TE salary, not a Vernon Davis/Rob Gronkowski/Jimmy Graham/Antonio Gates diffrence-maker TE.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Well we know Flynn is gone. I won't be too offended if they unload Finley and Capers as well

5. Wills29

Wills29 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    Finley is gone and I don't see Driver making the team (although he was the only reliable playmaker today).

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I will be SHOCKED if TT keeps Finley around.

I will be PISSED if TT keeps Capers around.

• Like Like x 1
  7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Amen to that. Donald was great today, the only one. ONLY one.
    He wanted to earn a ring (remember he got hurt in XLV) and then retire into the sunset. He did his part. Nobody else did.
    Dammit. Sucks.

• Like Like x 4
  8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Finley's presence here next year depends on salary. He's worth salary on par with the second tier of TEs around the league, but not Pro Bowl salary.

9. Munny

Munny Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    DD is on his last leg yet he still managed to produce when it counted. I say keep him here 1 more year to at least help the young guys if nothing else.

Finley, he is not worth the currency he will demand, period. Trade bait or a free good bye to a better offer I am fine with it
    Flynn is as good as gone no doubt about it.
    Capers, I am sorry your statistics say that YOU are NOT as great as the talking heads says you are, it is time to go, goodbye!

• Like Like x 1
  10. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +615
    The Packers may lose more players to retirement (Driver & Clifton... possibly Collins) than free-agency (Flynn & Finley). Packers need to restock the defensive line and outside linebacker positions. TT might have to bring in a free agent this year. The cap room seems to be there.

11. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I hope DD either stays one more year and hopefully gets a second SB ring, or retires. I couldn't bear to see him on another team.

Capers is a mixed bag. We had one hell of a defense a couple seasons back. I can't say that he is the only one to blame. Wouldn't mind seeing him stick around IF he can turn this defense back around.

Flynn I agree is gone, and I hope we can snag some good draft picks for him. I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Finley I want to like more, but damnit he is too wishy-washy for me. He'll make the big catch one play, then drop two sure, easy passes in a row. Seriously need to either FIX him, or TRADE him for some D-line.

12. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Can they afford a FA pass rusher? Mario Williams is a FA. Unless the Texans keep him. Robert Mathis is a FA from the Colts too. Might work in a 3-4.

13. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Do people really want Capers gone after this season?

14. PackersFanfromCali80

Ratings:
    +86
    Robert Mathis is a name I have heard more than once.

15. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    From here or somewhere else? Mathis implied not long ago he may want to play for a 3-4 team actually. He is used to being on the other side of a super star too and the dude is a forced fumble machine. I don't think he can be "the man" on a team as a lead pass rusher but opposite Clay he could be excellent.

Not sure if the Colts can keep him.

16. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +615
    I'm not sure the Colts will be able to keep him. Manning has a HUGE cap number. Andrew Luck will also have a big cap nmber. Add in the fact that Reggie Wayne is a FA along with other long time Colts, the Colts might just be looking to start over.

17. PackersFanfromCali80

Ratings:
    +86
    Another article talking about Packers free agency I saw his name mentioned.

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Cut J-Mike or bench that prima donna more often. A lot more often. Like have him play only one to two snaps per game. Any more than that and he is poison.

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    He had 17 chances.
    How many more does he need?

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    He didn't blitz or pressure the QB more often.

21. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    We also won a Super Bowl with the man, and our defense was #1 in 2009 IIRC

22. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Untill our D got lit up like an Xmas Tree by Kert Warner...

23. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if Dom Capers leaves.

The 2009 D was great except when they faced top quarterbacks like Ben Roethlisberger and Kurt Warner. Those guys would just abuse Jarrett Bush and that other CB we used when Al Harris went down.

The 2010 D played well. They weren't a dominant D like San Francisco, but they were good.

The 2011 D didn't have any good pass rushers on the defensive line. They really need more speed at linebacker. The defense doesn't make tackles and they don't put themselves in position to gang tackle. The thing that irked me the most was that some players just looked so undisciplined and foolish out there, primarily Erik Walden and Charlie Peprah. Charles Woodson is also getting older and I think the loss of Nick Collins effected what he did on the field. I think they should just move him to safety next season if Collins doesn't return and find some slot cornerbacks.

And let's not forget that we're probably going to lose a number of coaches anyway this offseason. I think Thompson will want to minimize the losses in the coaching staff.

I'm expecting a 2012 draft that is full of defensive picks with maybe an offensive lineman. They'll probably get an undrafted free agent QB for the practice squad.

24. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I also want to add that the coaches really need to work on teaching the D to WRAP UP on tackles. Hakeem Nicks first TD could have been avoided if Tramon Williams would have leapt on him and grabbed him instead of just throwing a shoulder at him.

• Like Like x 1
  25. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I absolutely hate this time of year!!! I know players and sometimes coaches have to part ways...but I don't want Donald to leave yet. I think he can still play till he's 40,.. I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll be holding my breath until something is announced!... Ready??? :x3: