Aaron Rodgers' comments after game

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be SHOCKED if TT keeps Finley around.

I will be PISSED if TT keeps Capers around.

Why pissed? In Capers defense, you can make chicken salad out of chicken ****... This "D" all year is what it was.... Why was Cullen Jenkins left go? A promising Mike Neal? How did that turn out? Maybe blame TT for not getting a rolb, and the jenkins departure? Finley will be here..

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why pissed? In Capers defense, you can make chicken salad out of chicken ****... This "D" all year is what it was.... Why was Cullen Jenkins left go? A promising Mike Neal? How did that turn out? Maybe blame TT for not getting a rolb, and the jenkins departure? Finley will be here..

Not an excuse for the constant 3 man rushes, the playing 10 yards off the line, when it's 4 yards to gain for the first down..
Not an excuse for the lousy CB and safety communication issues all year...

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Not an excuse for the constant 3 man rushes, the playing 10 yards off the line, when it's 4 yards to gain for the first down..
Not an excuse for the lousy CB and safety communication issues all year...
Perhaps we should replace Dom, who would you reccomend? you could send over your notes on how to correct the issues we have been having, I am sure he could use the help.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing...

If Capers uses prevent, then the QB has all day to throw.

If Capers blitzes, then there's usually someone downfield who is wide open or covered by Charlie Peprah...which basically means open. Also, opponents can just do a checkdown and a couple missed tackles later they got a 30-yard gain.I also don't feel like we have linebackers who excel in pass coverage.

Either way, Capers is screwed.

It's not the playcalling that frustrates me as much as how they look so poorly coached. Many of the defensive players have extremely poor instincts IMHO. Wish we could get some players similar to Tyrann Mathieu or something.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Back to Rodgers’ comment: I’ve heard him say this more than once when talking with Wilde so I’m confident he meant every year is a new team. I don’t think it was any kind of prediction of changes to come.

Regarding the coaching staff and players, I know one thing for certain. Thompson and McCarthy won’t make the kind of rash judgments being made here. I understand fans being emotional but the people with the power to change things can’t be or they won’t have their jobs for long. They will do a thorough review of the entire football operation, like they do every year.

Some changes in the front office and on the coaching staff may come whether the Packers like it or not. Now that the Packers are out of the playoffs, we should get a better idea of who may leave in the next few days or weeks.

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first two or three draft picks better be defensive players.

Let Finley go but keep Driver at least one more season for his leadership if nothing else.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to Rodgers’ comment: I’ve heard him say this more than once when talking with Wilde so I’m confident he meant every year is a new team. I don’t think it was any kind of prediction of changes to come.

Regarding the coaching staff and players, I know one thing for certain. Thompson and McCarthy won’t make the kind of rash judgments being made here. I understand fans being emotional but the people with the power to change things can’t be or they won’t have their jobs for long. They will do a thorough review of the entire football operation, like they do every year.

Some changes in the front office and on the coaching staff may come whether the Packers like it or not. Now that the Packers are out of the playoffs, we should get a better idea of who may leave in the next few days or weeks.

I too think Rodgers meant in general...Every team is different

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first two or three draft picks better be defensive players.

Let Finley go but keep Driver at least one more season for his leadership if nothing else.
Unfortunantly by letting Finley go, you are not making the best decision for this organization. This team has a lot of leaders on offense and on defense. It would really suck cutting Driver, I hope he can play out his contract here but not if it comes to losing young talented receivers. Sure Finley didn't have his best year but all the other WR's as well kept dropping balls, that's exactly why we're 15-1 not 16-0 and why we're out in the first round. Not cause our defense is playing bad, our defense stepped up against the Giants. Stop them twice on crucial 3rd downs, blocked a FG, INT ... There WR didn't drop one pass ... Defense wasn't perfect against Giants but unfortunently they we're the only players that at least showed up at the game. Greg Jennings couldn't catch the TD in the end zone, Crabtree dropped, Rodgers overthrew Finley & Jennings on occasions.

Just trying to say, offense didn't play to it's potential!

This is business, this is a team and a decision on keeping Driver shouldn't be personal. I am not ready to lose a talented TE as Finley. This kid is very dangerous ... his still maturing and has progressed. He will be back next year and be more dangerous then ever.

Finley must be kept no matter what ... at worst Franchise him for a year and see what he brings to the table.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really can't afford to let Finley go unless the Packers are planning on drafting someone like Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener in round 2.

I think Cobb could be Driver's replacement and like it or not, Newhouse will be Clifton's replacement. If we could pick up a good WR or LT/RT or RB through FA that would be great, but our draft picks really need to fill the major holes in the defense.

Regarding the defense, they had their ups and downs against the Giants but in Q2 and Q3 they played pretty well...except for the Hail Mary at the end of the half. In the 3rd quarter they shut the Giants offense down pretty well. And in the 4th it was Ryan's fumble that was run back inside the Packer 5-yard line that pretty much was game, set and match. . If Packer offense hadn't been dropping and fumbling the ball the whole time, we could have possibly gone into the 4th quarter with the lead or at least tied.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with the crowd that could care less if both Capers and Finley leave. I'd rather try to get something for Flynn and there's only one franchise tag. Finley does not deserve it.

And do people really believe TT will be all that aggressive in free agency? That would be out of character for him. Also I don't see him taking less value for a defensive player if there is a higher rated offensive player available when it comes time for him to pick.

ARod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is gone and I don't see Driver making the team (although he was the only reliable playmaker today).
I am really surprised Finley did so poorly this year. After seeing how well he and Rodgers played last year before he got hurt, I thought for sure he was going to blow up this year. I guess, in a way, he did...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be SHOCKED if TT keeps Finley around.

I will be PISSED if TT keeps Capers around.
Its MMs decision if Capers is kept. I'm sure TT can make suggestions, but I doubt that he does.

Capers is an enigma. He did an absolutely brilliant job 2 years ago and then he did really poor last year. I'm not quite sure what to make of it. My only explanation is that defensive players did not work as hard this past season. The quality of play from Tramon and Shields dropped significantly this season and I would put much of our defensive failures on the DBs. Losing Jenkins and Collins were also very significant. Personally, I think there is little chance that Capers is replaced, and I am okay with it.

I think our weak point on the coaching staff is Edgar Bennett. But I do have confidence in him that he will make adjustments and improve. This is the worst season I can remember for dropped passes. I remember Edgar saying that he was really going to emphasize run after catch. I think he needs to adjust and emphasize catching. Players thinking about YAC maybe is drawing some of their concentration away from just catching. Get out the jugs machine and just spend a couple of hours per day guys.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really surprised Finley did so poorly this year. After seeing how well he and Rodgers played last year before he got hurt, I thought for sure he was going to blow up this year. I guess, in a way, he did...

I too am surprised, but more than anything disappointed in his play. He has all the skills and has shown that he is a nightmare match up, but he talks too much and doesn't always back it up. He he spent half the focus on the game as he does his hype he"d be a beast. As much as I hate to see it, I think TT will tell him to go get rich some place else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts