Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Offensive line issues are obvious. Receivers in and out of the lineup. Quality of wide receivers is an issue. Play calling is an issue. Something has gone south with MLF's play calling.

All true.

But my goodness. Rodgers by his standards has been pretty brutal.

89 passer rating and 36 QBR?

The stats don't always tell the story. But they do when they are THAT awful.
I don't think the play calling is to blame and if it is, you have to share that with Rodgers, since I am guessing he is occasionally audibling into plays that he feels are better at the time.

I do think the lack of talent at WR and TE has a definite negative impact.

The OL could be better, but he has had success under worse conditions.

I do think the situation that Rodgers has put himself in (contract and trade demands) has put a lot of pressure on him. Losing and poor play just increases that pressure. Sunday was a pretty good snap shot into just how #12 is handling all that pressure, not very well.

Maybe he figures it out, maybe he accepts that the Packers once again screwed him by not having viable weapons at his immediate disposal. Ultimately, I put the blame on Gute for that, but Rodgers has not helped his or the teams cause by the games he played off the field and now his actual play, on the field.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you thought that's what I meant, then you aren't reading any of my posts.
Honestly, I usually don't read all the posts here. I also don't really keep track of peoples ongoing opinions of "this and that". Finally, opinions can change and I am always open to that happening.

Reaction score
Can we do both? Stock the team with personnel AND cut Rodgers loose?
If he doesn’t retire. Kinda hard to stock the team when our cap credit card is maxed out.
Unless you mean stock our team with a Day 1 selection next draft? Which could be done by moving back into later round 1 and moving back up for 2 later 1st Rounders.

We could do that if we traded Rodgers for a couple Day 1 selections. Probably not happening though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hang on here, are we really convinced that Rodgers is the only one losing games??
I doubt that.
There’s pretty good evidence that Rodgers deserves the greatest blame. It was one of his worst performances of his career. The QB has the most influence of any player both good or bad and we all know it.
It certainly wasn’t the Defense.
15 points allowed at Detroit is commendable and that should be a Win 9 out of 10 times.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s pretty good evidence that Rodgers deserves the greatest blame. It was one of his worst performances of his career. The QB has the most influence of any player both good or bad and we all know it.
It certainly wasn’t the Defense.
15 points allowed at Detroit is commendable and that should be a Win 9 out of 10 times.
Win 19 out of 20

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the play where Deguara was wide open down the middle. Aaron seemingly looked at him then just kept looking farther left and threw it away. Maybe Deguara wasn't where he was supposed to be and so Aaron did not throw him the ball to teach him? Or maybe he just felt he did not trust him enough and so did not throw him the ball? Or maybe he needs to go see an optometrist? It is really incredible. Wide open. No pressure.

Cvikes80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are freaking crazy spoiled with amazing QB play for decades. Let the man have an "OFF" year and get after the FO to get some talent around him. You guys seriously want to bench AR to play Love with this group around him? What are you actually gonna learn from that? Because if a first ballot HOF cant help then what are you gaining exactly? Love shouldn't have been drafted, that is the pick that you need to move on from, not AR... Ride that pony to retirement and then move on.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

You guys are freaking crazy spoiled with amazing QB play for decades. Let the man have an "OFF" year and get after the FO to get some talent around him. You guys seriously want to bench AR to play Love with this group around him? What are you actually gonna learn from that? Because if a first ballot HOF cant help then what are you gaining exactly? Love shouldn't have been drafted, that is the pick that you need to move on from, not AR... Ride that pony to retirement and then move on.

It's absolutely devastating that a Vikings fan has a better understanding of what is going on than most Packers fans around here.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt Rodgers missed an open receiver on that play.

I'm not a huge fan of evaluating a player's performance solely based on a single play though. It happens to every quarterback around the league.

With that being said there's no doubt that overall Rodgers played a terrible game vs. the Lions.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, AR was watching him make the break & as he cleared wide open, then looked away to throw it out of bounds. Deguara was open, past the 1st down marker already, and probably would've walked-in for a TD. That's disheartening that our MVP/HOF QB would purposely "miss" a wide open 2nd-read receiver in the midst of complaining about receivers not getting open.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There is a big difference between giving your potential future starting QB some meaningful snaps and giving up on your FHOF QB. From what I have heard and read, those screaming to bench Rodgers and give up on him in the process, are in the minority. I also don't think you put Rodgers in mothballs for the rest of the season, but you let him play for a half and if the game isn't close, bring in Love. That way you are giving Rodgers valuable snaps with his future receivers and giving Love valuable playing time, that will also allow the Packers to further assess him.

The 3-6 Packers have a big decision in regards to Love this year, 5th year option or no? At this point, with the limited data they have, its a definite no IMO. However, this could change if he gets substantial playing time in the last 8 games.

Once the Packers are officially eliminated from the playoffs, this will be an easier pill for some to swallow. I for one think this season is over in regards to the playoffs, but far from over in regards to making the best decisions for the 2023 team and beyond.

Side note, while any player can get hurt during a game, at practice or just walking down the street, more injuries occur during games. If Rodgers is to be the QB in 2023, overexposing him to an injury that might put that season in jeopardy isn't smart either.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's absolutely devastating that a Vikings fan has a better understanding of what is going on than most Packers fans around here.
Yes, and as a Packer fan, I would definitely try and give minihaha the best advice I possibly could.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers aren't running LaFleur's offense any more.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Rodgers was smart, he would lean all the way into LaFleur's offense as it would help mitigate the deficiencies in the supporting cast.

Going back to his old ways is actually making the problem worse.

Again-- there are several problems, but Rodgers himself is *the* problem.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I guarantee you that if they put Love in and he just executed the offense as designed (motion, under-center, true PA, etc), it would be more effective.

Of course, the most effective version of the offense would be Rodgers playing within scheme, but I guess he got high and decided that winning back to back MVP's in LaFleur's offense was just a coincidence.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year...play action is barely happening on 1/4 of the plays...that is INSANELY low for the offense MLF system is? no? Love to know how many of our plays utilize pre-snap motion....feel like since MLF's first year we don't do it much!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers aren't running LaFleur's offense any more.

I'm pretty sure i've heard Rodgers say in the past year or so we're more effective running from under center, so I think he knows that. why they're more shotgun? Maybe it's rodgers maybe it's all the inside pressure we've allowed this year, maybe it's the thumb and having the ball jammed up into it every snap vs the shot gun snap that doesn't.

as for shifts and motions, Maybe it's Rodgers, maybe it's skill players and constantly shuffling Oline that makes them use less, or was why Rodgers suggested they use less because they weren't able to comprehend and perform.

Members online

Latest posts