Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a 34 minute video that is more than worth the watch for anyone that has the time to spare. I can promise it'll be more helpful than *****ing and moaning on here about what you "think" is going on. I think Kurt Warner might know a thing or two about playing quarterback in the NFL. BTW - before you click the link, yes there's a couple Rodgers critiques as well. This is in no way designed to completely absolve 12 (I've said multiple times he's played bad), but this gives you an idea of what he's been up against time and time again this season...
Wow, I've been critical of Watkins not getting open but this shows A LOT of him getting jammed and/or giving-up leverage on his routes. For a vet Watkins hasn't learned much about route-running over the last 9 years. :(

The WR coach (Jason Vrable) has been with GB for 4 years and have to imagine he's not teaching the concepts properly. So many receivers allowing the DB's to dictate where they run instead of them actually running the pattern as designed. I think Adams fought through DB's steering him which is why AR usually went to him... but there's nobody that can be counted on, now. :(

I've been down on AR but there's at least one poor route each play (sometimes multiples on the same play) which limits his options. Great breakdown by Warner!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a 34 minute video that is more than worth the watch for anyone that has the time to spare. I can promise it'll be more helpful than *****ing and moaning on here about what you "think" is going on. I think Kurt Warner might know a thing or two about playing quarterback in the NFL. BTW - before you click the link, yes there's a couple Rodgers critiques as well. This is in no way designed to completely absolve 12 (I've said multiple times he's played bad), but this gives you an idea of what he's been up against time and time again this season......

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Excellent video. Should help those that can't see anything but the result of the play understand a bit of the why.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I've been critical of Watkins not getting open but this shows A LOT of him getting jammed and/or giving-up leverage on his routes. For a vet Watkins hasn't learned much about route-running over the last 9 years. :(

The WR coach (Jason Vrable) has been with GB for 4 years and have to imagine he's not teaching the concepts properly. So many receivers allowing the DB's to dictate where they run instead of them actually running the pattern as designed. I think Adams fought through DB's steering him which is why AR usually went to him... but there's nobody that can be counted on, now. :(

I've been down on AR but there's at least one poor route each play (sometimes multiples on the same play) which limits his options. Great breakdown by Warner!!
I think it should happen now, but once we're officially out of Playoff contention I suspect Sammy will be released. He's not part of the now or the future. Get the young guys on the field and keep them there. They have a chance to learn and I'd say some are. Say we're not in the post season, this gives him a chance to get with a team that is and move on.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Excellent video. Should help those that can't see anything but the result of the play understand a bit of the why.
People have had the pointy stakes ready for Rodgers for the longest now and they're pouncing. Rationality went out the window long ago.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have had the pointy stakes ready for Rodgers for the longest now and they're pouncing. Rationality went out the window long ago.
oh, I know. I said "Should" not "Will" LOL They'll just call Warner a Rodgers lover and dismiss it, if they even watch.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
oh, I know. I said "Should" not "Will" LOL They'll just call Warner a Rodgers lover and dismiss it, if they even watch.
Some might watch, but they won't comment on it.

They're dug in. And no evidence to the contrary will be considered.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Some might watch, but they won't comment on it.

They're dug in. And no evidence to the contrary will be considered.
I have seen very view posters/fans or at least informed ones, that aren't acknowledging that Rodgers has been dealt a really crappy hand for weapons. It was a very good breakdown by Warner, but it still doesn't absolve Rodgers of his part in this mess, something Warner seems to acknowledge at various points. Yup, has to be frustrating as hell for Rodgers to be QBing this mess of an offense, but that doesn't mean that an 18 year vet should be given a pass on his poor play.

I can see why Watkins was available, the guy is all over the place and plays like a late round rookie. I'd have no problem seeing him benched, to give the young guys more reps.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
but it still doesn't absolve Rodgers of his part in this mess, something Warner seems to acknowledge at various points. Yup, has to be frustrating as hell for Rodgers to be QBing this mess of an offense, but that doesn't mean that an 18 year vet should be given a pass on his poor play.

........yawn:

This is in no way designed to completely absolve 12 (I've said multiple times he's played bad)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Now that Rodgers is playing like crap, can anyone explain to me why his WR’s wouldn’t be sick of him and his antics?

He’s gotten a pass because he’s been so good. But if you act that way AND you suck, people are going to run out of patience.

I bet that a lot of people in the lockerroom would be relieved if they started Love.

Reaction score
Now that Rodgers is playing like crap, can anyone explain to me why his WR’s wouldn’t be sick of him and his antics?

He’s gotten a pass because he’s been so good. But if you act that way AND you suck, people are going to run out of patience.

I bet that a lot of people in the lockerroom would be relieved if they started Love.
Not sure where I listened to it this week, but supposedly a Reliable Packers source claimed several Receivers were also becoming disgruntled because of the finger pointing.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not sure where I listened to it this week, but supposedly a Reliable Packers source claimed several Receivers were also becoming disgruntled because of the finger pointing.

I understand people’s point that we don’t know but doesn’t it just make sense?

He chews them out publicly for every mistake and then proceeds to play like trash himself.

1) You shouldn’t treat people like that regardless.

2) If you suck, people aren’t having it at all.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seems to be one of the hot topics right now. I know ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported it. Of course all you hear is "from a reliable source". Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me one bit that players are not happy with Rodgers, especially after his most recent comments about his teammates. Of course some will say it is ok for Rodgers to do that, but nobody should be critical of Rodgers, given he just won 2 MVP's, so it must just be false rumors about receivers being upset with Rodgers. :rolleyes:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Totally like Gottlieb's take on this. Yeah, yeah....Gottlieb is "just a basketball guy, what does he know?"

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot to unpack there. Mostly I want to hear the white man's perspective joke.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A lot to unpack there. Mostly I want to hear the white man's perspective joke.
Wasn't much of anything. I think Barkley about covered it with:

"Listen — me Kenny, Greg Anthony, and Greg Gumbel did not take that personally, so all you people at home who have got no life and who are talking bad about Doug Gottlieb — get a life. It is over with, and it's no big deal."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems to be one of the hot topics right now. I know ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported it. Of course all you hear is "from a reliable source". Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me one bit that players are not happy with Rodgers, especially after his most recent comments about his teammates. Of course some will say it is ok for Rodgers to do that, but nobody should be critical of Rodgers, given he just won 2 MVP's, so it must just be false rumors about receivers being upset with Rodgers. :rolleyes:
Yeah. When you’re losing everything becomes inflamed. The media seemingly loves to stir the pot. I still enjoy listening to guys like Cowherd, but he’s famous for manufacturing a story and embellishing the truth. It’s entertainment it might as well be the NFL National Enquirer.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Totally like Gottlieb's take on this. Yeah, yeah....Gottlieb is "just a basketball guy, what does he know?"

Gottlieb.....lol

Aren't you the one that can't stand Bayless and Cowherd? This dude is cut from the same cloth. Jumping on the anti-Rodgers train because it's good for clicks and ratings.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

What receivers should be sick of is them playing like straight booty.

Maybe they shouldn't be so much worried about what Rodgers is saying about them and be a little more concerned with not playing like trash themselves.

Kurt Warner's breakdown of the Detroit game is an awful look for the WR room. Rodgers played a part, but when you look at it through the lense of Warner, it's very easy to see what Rodgers is so damn frustrated with.

I don't mind people banging on Rodgers. But to act like these WR's ain't playing like hot garbage and shouldn't be held accountable is a joke.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Jaire Alexander:

"Every time I see somebody laughing I'm like, why you laughing? We losing right now..."

"I think when you care about something, passionate about something, it sits on you. It kind of weighs on you. For some guys maybe it doesn't weigh on them."

Asked if he wants to see more seriousness in the locker room:

"Yeah it's not fun losing".

Sometimes if things aren't getting settled behind closed doors, the only thing that can get someone's attention is to bring it to light.

No problem with it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't mind people banging on Rodgers. But to act like these WR's ain't playing like hot garbage and shouldn't be held accountable is a joke.
You could have fooled me. You seem very defensive of any negativism about Rodgers.

I have been VERY critical of Gute and the crap that he set Rodgers up with for the last 4 years. Before Gute, I was saying the same thing about TT. However, that doesn't give Aaron a free pass on playing bad and probably worse, being kind of a ****** bag the last few years.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You could have fooled me. You seem very defensive of any negativism about Rodgers.

I have been VERY critical of Gute and the crap that he set Rodgers up with for the last 4 years. Before Gute, I was saying the same thing about TT. However, that doesn't give Aaron a free pass on playing bad and probably worse, being kind of a ****** bag the last few years.
There's a difference in holding someone accountable and what many are doing on this forum.

Again....ANY ONE.....who watches Kurt Warner's breakdown and thinks Rodgers is a bigger problem than the wide receivers, I cannot help.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's a difference in holding someone accountable and what many are doing on this forum.

Again....ANY ONE.....who watches Kurt Warner's breakdown and thinks Rodgers is a bigger problem than the wide receivers, I cannot help.
I can only speak for myself and I did watch the Kurt Warner video. I haven't liked the WR/TE room for years and have been very vocal here about that. Probably to the point that people were tired of me banging that drum. However, I will keep saying it, Rodgers while being a highly skilled QB, has let his ego and personality creep into areas that it should not and frankly, its been a negative on him for several years now. Some fans overlook it, as do probably some of his teammates. Then there are the fans that it bothers and most likely teammates too. How much it effects his own game and his teammates, we really will never know. What we do know, is Aaron Rodgers is THE most important player on the team. So when something isn't right with him, it is magnified quite a bit. Something goes wrong with a WR....meh...there are guys behind him that are equally as good.

Reaction score

I don’t know if anyone would have the guts. But you could make a tape (we’ve seen it before) of any position group and their deficiencies. OL, RB and yes even QB.
I guess what I’m saying is just because we watched one angle about WR issues doesn’t negate issues at each position group. It’s not a defense of innocence to our QB. It just shows how each group underperforming affects the other groups. Very few posters are blaming only Rodgers and the consensus is we’ve got problems up and down our Roster. That film validated one sector of a Pizza pie of poo poo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts