Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A word of CAUTION
If Rodgers being replaced with Love, or the possibility of him retiring, remember this fans.

He'll be in every hall of fame in the country because of his pass legacy, so this is the problem.
If he goes out on a sour note, that will be what people will remember him by.
And people will be fine with a 1 time Superbowl appearing QB going out like that...just like they were fine with a 2 time Superbowl appearing QB going out like that...especially those on this board seemed to love it.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been an above-average QB this year, just more like the 16the-12th best QB in the league rather than the best. What his decline has really illustrated is that he's not able to single-handedly carry an offense devoid of talent at receiver/TE; my takeaway is just how awful Gute has been as a GM. People arguing for Love don't get it, with these weapons, Love will look terrible, which might be good if fans want the Packers to pick up his 5th year option.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been an above-average QB this year, just more like the 16the-12th best QB in the league rather than the best. What his decline has really illustrated is that he's not able to single-handedly carry an offense devoid of talent at receiver/TE

I want to provide a horrifying possibility: Rodgers still is about as good as last year and IS elevating our pass catchers. This is just as high as they can be elevated right now.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don`t think he`s getting the league MVP award anytime soon, and he would have got away with it if it weren`t for those pesky kids too !

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I pleasantly surprised there is not 15 trade rodgers threads by now. Maybe people figuring it out?
We are past the trade deadline, so anybody suggesting it, isn't familiar with the NFL rules.

As far as trading him after the season, the Packers would have to take a $40,313,750 dead cap hit. Either all in 2023 or they can split it up between 2023 and 2024. Either way, its daunting and could mean losing a lot of other talent.

I doubt many teams are going to offer a ton for him, but his salary would be totally worth the risk for another team, since the Packers would be picking up most of the tab.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are past the trade deadline, so anybody suggesting it, isn't familiar with the NFL rules.

As far as trading him after the season, the Packers would have to take a $40,313,750 dead cap hit. Either all in 2023 or they can split it up between 2023 and 2024. Either way, its daunting and could mean losing a lot of other talent.

I doubt many teams are going to offer a ton for him, but his salary would be totally worth the risk for another team, since the Packers would be picking up most of the tab.

The Colts. The Colts will certainly trade for him!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I want to provide a horrifying possibility: Rodgers still is about as good as last year and IS elevating our pass catchers. This is just as high as they can be elevated right now.
While there is some truth to that, I think yesterday was a good example of Rodgers playing poorly. Whether it is due to age or his mental state, would be open to debate. Personally, I think he has somewhat given up and is frustrated. His negative attitude was pretty obvious yesterday and I think that effects him and everyone around him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are spot on. And it’s not rocket science so the FO should have expected this if a certain percentage of the fan base did.

I also think (JMHO):
1. The thumb injury is impacting his throws more than he’s willing to admit.
2. He is struggling with deep ball timing and maybe overestimating some of the WRs’ speed (often overthrowing and sometimes by a lot).
3. The offensive line’s poor performance is impacting him more than anything else. How many throws has he stepped into unpressured this year? He’s often throwing off balance, throwing on the run, trying to make throws over and around guys while the pocket’s collapsing, and to top it off, having to throw into tight coverage in too many situations. He simply doesn’t have the luxury of great protection and tons of time in the pocket like he has in the past.

That said, he was pretty bad yesterday, but he admitted it. Quarterbacks have bad games. All of them. The standard that seems to apply only to Rodgers is bizarre.
I ask myself when earlier in his career he had Driver, Cobb. Jordy, Jennings, Jones, and Finley. If someone ran the wrong route or missed the play there others who were on game. Now it is as if no one knows what to do or where to go.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers have many problems, but Rodgers is their biggest one.

He has demanded to be paid like an elite QB who can overcome other deficiencies. He cannot. He has not played well on the season and he was absolute garbage yesterday.

On top of that, he clearly blames the people around him for the failures. We may not be pro athletes, but we all know that no one wants to play hard for a leader like that.

If people want to continue banging the drum of the supporting cast problems, there is fairness to that. But not in regards to yesterday. He missed wide open options and threw balls directly to defenders. He sucked.

If Green Bay had any balls, they'd bench him and use the rest of the season to assess Love.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been an above-average QB this year, just more like the 16the-12th best QB in the league rather than the best. What his decline has really illustrated is that he's not able to single-handedly carry an offense devoid of talent at receiver/TE; my takeaway is just how awful Gute has been as a GM. People arguing for Love don't get it, with these weapons, Love will look terrible, which might be good if fans want the Packers to pick up his 5th year option.
While it isnt a perfect stat that's a bold statement for a QB ranked 27th in QBR

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if both players would ask for a redo if they could. I doubt it, despite both playing on losing teams and looking pretty bad in the process, afteral, they both got paid big time.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have many problems, but Rodgers is their biggest one.

He has demanded to be paid like an elite QB who can overcome other deficiencies. He cannot. He has not played well on the season and he was absolute garbage yesterday.

On top of that, he clearly blames the people around him for the failures. We may not be pro athletes, but we all know that no one wants to play hard for a leader like that.

If people want to continue banging the drum of the supporting cast problems, there is fairness to that. But not in regards to yesterday. He missed wide open options and threw balls directly to defenders. He sucked.

If Green Bay had any balls, they'd bench him and use the rest of the season to assess Love.

Why do people keep saying to bench Love? What do you think the other highly paid vets are going to think of the coach saying, "This season is over so we're going to spend the rest of it trying out Love. Other starters, keep playing hard for no possible reward!" This isn't Madden, there are other people involved and affected by these decisions. Additionally, Gute is a far larger problem than Rodgers. First, he's the one that GAVE Rodgers that contract and, second, he's been pretty bad at his job the past few years.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I ask myself when earlier in his career he had Driver, Cobb. Jordy, Jennings, Jones, and Finley. If someone ran the wrong route or missed the play there others who were on game. Now it is as if no one knows what to do or where to go.
Yes, because all of the players mentioned, at some point in their careers, had great chemistry with Rodgers. Currently, Cobb is about the only guy that I would say has great chemistry with AR. However, that is injury plagued, 32 year old Cobb.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying to bench Love? What do you think the other highly paid vets are going to think of the coach saying, "This season is over so we're going to spend the rest of it trying out Love. Other starters, keep playing hard for no possible reward!" This isn't Madden, there are other people involved and affected by these decisions. Additionally, Gute is a far larger problem than Rodgers. First, he's the one that GAVE Rodgers that contract and, second, he's been pretty bad at his job the past few years.

This post does not make sense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You don't understand that players aren't robots and want to play with other players that give them the best chance to win? How is that not obvious?

When did I ever say they need to bench Love and why do you think that would be a problem?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Additionally, Gute is a far larger problem than Rodgers. First, he's the one that GAVE Rodgers that contract and, second, he's been pretty bad at his job the past few years.
I would say you have your Rodgers goggles on, if you can't see that Rodgers IS part of the problem at this point. There is no doubt that Gute and the Packers gave Rodgers a new deal, in hopes that he would continue his stellar play. While I agree with you or anyone that says that he hasn't been given enough to work with on offense, I think it has effected Rodgers more psychologically, than he would admit. Whether he is doing it consciously or subconsciously, Rodgers is definitely proving his point that Gute hasn't given him enough to work with.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because it's not a very good stat?
Completion %: 18th
YPG: 22nd
Yards per completion: 23rd
Yards per attempt: 23rd
INT:28th
Old school QB Rating: 16th (now that's a bad stat)

Rodgers hasn't been "average" this year

Last edited:

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While there is some truth to that, I think yesterday was a good example of Rodgers playing poorly. Whether it is due to age or his mental state, would be open to debate. Personally, I think he has somewhat given up and is frustrated. His negative attitude was pretty obvious yesterday and I think that effects him and everyone around him.
If the grown men on the team can’t handle another player’s attitude and body language, there is a much larger problem than just their inability to execute plays and they don’t belong in the NFL.

Unlike the fans who want them to tank the season (what kind of organization does that with half a season to go and not yet mathematically eliminated?), Rodgers has already said that he hasn’t and doesn’t intend to give up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completion %: 18th
YPG: 22nd
Yards per completion: 23rd
Yards per attempt: 23rd
INT:28th
Old school QB Rating: 16th (now that's a bad stat)

Rodgers hasn't been "average" this year
I think the point was, if you take an average QB and put him on this team, would he rank similarly? I think they’d rank worse actually.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I ever say they need to bench Love and why do you think that would be a problem?

Ohhhh, i see the problem. I meant bench Rodgers but i typed bench Love, which, as you said, doesn’t make sense. My only excuse is that i slept for about 35 minutes after a redeye flight last night and I’m doing this on my phone. My apologies for my nonsensical post.

Members online

Latest posts