Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

Reaction score
It takes more than QB (by itself) to match the worst Offense since 1990.

It takes more than a below average or off injured WR group (by itself) to match the worst Offense in 32 seasons

It takes more than poor discipline to be the worst Offense in 32 seasons.

It takes more than an inconsistent OL (by itself) to match the worst O in 32 seasons

It takes more than a new OC (by itself) to create a game plan resulting in the worst Packer Offense in over 3 decades.

It takes a recipe of disasters to have most fatal accidents. Bad weather, bald tires, not paying attention on all parties, unexpected even (animal or tree falling in the way or Road debris) poor road conditions, mechanical failure, etc.. fatal accidents rarely if ever are caused by 1 singular cause.

I would venture to say it’s not 1 group by itself. It’s a conglomeration of 4 or 5 different moving parts causing a failure. If it’s 32 seasons bad? (Really truthfully it’s a 45 seasons low into the 1970’s) it’s much, much more than Just one position group. Even Insinuating any one singular thing caused it all only tells me how little football knowledge someone has.

Davante Adams Himself might’ve gotten us 1 or 2 more wins and that’s being generous. This season would be derailed with him and not even he could’ve caught those INT

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ohhhh, i see the problem. I meant bench Rodgers but i typed bench Love, which, as you said, doesn’t make sense. My only excuse is that i slept for about 35 minutes after a redeye flight last night and I’m doing this on my phone. My apologies for my nonsensical post.

Got it.

Well suffice it to say:

1) I think we are realistically weeks away from letting Love play.

2) I think the best thing for the team would be to give him run right now.

3) When that time comes, I doubt there will be any sort of veteran revolt.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got it.

Well suffice it to say:

1) I think we are realistically weeks away from letting Love play.

2) I think the best thing for the team would be to give him run right now.

3) When that time comes, I doubt there will be any sort of veteran revolt.

I don't think the vets will revolt, I just don't think they'll play as hard if the coaching staff gives up on the season. Also, I'm not sure how many coaches will intentionally put in worse players? I mean, I get it from a fan's perspective, hope is powerful drug; however, the coaches get to see Love every day in practice and I'm not sure why an extra 60 snaps a week is super helpful to their or the FO's evaluation? Sure, the fans would get to see more of Love but I'm not sure that's strong enough motivation for the coaches.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never want to see them play to lose. We're still not out, though I have seen nothing to make me think the inevitable isn't coming soon.

Eventually, when we are knocked out of playoffs you'll see a lot more of the young guys playing, Love included. I don't think that is happening this week.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the grown men on the team can’t handle another player’s attitude and body language, there is a much larger problem than just their inability to execute plays and they don’t belong in the NFL.
So what do you do with that grown man, when his own attitude and body language effect his own play?

Unlike the fans who want them to tank the season (what kind of organization does that with half a season to go and not yet mathematically eliminated?), Rodgers has already said that he hasn’t and doesn’t intend to give up
You do understand that as a Packer fan, I have absolutely no influence on games. So for me to secretly hope for the Packers to lose out and improve their draft position in every round, has no bearing on anything.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes more than QB (by itself) to match the worst Offense since 1990.

It takes more than a below average or off injured WR group (by itself) to match the worst Offense in 32 seasons

It takes more than poor discipline to be the worst Offense in 32 seasons.

It takes more than an inconsistent OL (by itself) to match the worst O in 32 seasons

It takes more than a new OC (by itself) to create a game plan resulting in the worst Packer Offense in over 3 decades.

It takes a recipe of disasters to have most fatal accidents. Bad weather, bald tires, not paying attention on all parties, unexpected even (animal or tree falling in the way or Road debris) poor road conditions, mechanical failure, etc.. fatal accidents rarely if ever are caused by 1 singular cause.

I would venture to say it’s not 1 group by itself. It’s a conglomeration of 4 or 5 different moving parts causing a failure. If it’s 32 seasons bad? (Really truthfully it’s a 45 seasons low into the 1970’s) it’s much, much more than Just one position group. Even Insinuating any one singular thing caused it all only tells me how little football knowledge someone has.

Davante Adams Himself might’ve gotten us 1 or 2 more wins and that’s being generous. This season would be derailed with him and not even he could’ve caught those INT
And that 1990 season included Majik Man missing the last 6 games.

Reaction score
I don’t think we should substitute anyone until we are formally eliminated.
Realistically that’s 9-10 losses or until the records shake out in the coming weeks.

It’s going to be tough to sit Aaron but if we are sitting at something like 5-9 etc I’d pull #12. There’s nothing positive that can come from him getting injured in a meaningless contest. The worst thing that happens is we pick top 10 and get a complete Offensive Stud at #8 overall etc….
I’d even trade back into a top 20 overall, if we could nab a second 1st Round selection. Then I’d seriously consider doubling down Day 1 on Offense 2X regardless of who is on my board Possibly a 3rd time inside the top 40-50 overall. Either stock Rodgers with personnel or cut him loose.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically that’s 9-10 losses or until the records shake out in the coming weeks.

It’s going to be tough to sit Aaron but if we are sitting at something like 5-9 etc I’d pull #12. There’s nothing positive that can come from him getting injured in a meaningless contest.
Once we are eliminated I think he would understand letting Love play unless the plan is to play spoiler for some other team.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It’s going to be tough to sit Aaron but if we are sitting at something like 5-9 etc I’d pull #12. There’s nothing positive that can come from him getting injured in a meaningless contest.
Yep. At some point - even if Rodgers intends on sticking around and/or we want to go into 2023 (or beyond) with him at QB - eventually I'd think you'd want to shut him down just out of caution. If we've got 8 or 9 or 10 losses (and half the rest of the team is hurt already) there's no sense in continuing to put 38/39y.o. Rodgers out there.

And truthfully once we're in a spot where we're officially eliminated from playoff contention (which I'd think has to be soon) then we're playing for draft position, too, so even if Rodgers gives you a better chance of winning than Love you're eventually going to be at a point where you either want to assess Love and/or get in a position to draft to replace Love.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If the Packers win out, they have more than a 99% chance of making the playoffs. Regardless of what other teams do.

Of course the chance of winning out is insanely small especially with the injuries, but the suggestion of benching Rodgers at this point is just insane to me. There’s still a ton to play for.

Rodgers was awful yesterday. No doubt about it. But some of the raw emotion that’s come from yesterday is causing some irrational comments to be made.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So if the Packers are 3-9, heading into Dec.(Bear game)....time to sit #12? Asking for a friend.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers win out, they have more than a 99% chance of making the playoffs. Regardless of what other teams do.

Of course the chance of winning out is insanely small especially with the injuries, but the suggestion of benching Rodgers at this point is just insane to me. There’s still a ton to play for.

Rodgers was awful yesterday. No doubt about it. But some of the raw emotion that’s come from yesterday is causing some irrational comments to be made.

Not sure who calculated this, but if correct Packers have a 5% chance of making the playoffs. Would think that would be less than 1% after McCarthy's Cowboys win Sunday 31-13. :(

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers are going to rue taking the Bears' second round pick over ours. Ours will end up being the better pick.

Reaction score
So if the Packers are 3-9, heading into Dec.(Bear game)....time to sit #12? Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend that We don’t even own our own J strap! I certainly wouldn’t let it all hang out with Bear Cubs present (the game I mean)

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what do you do with that grown man, when his own attitude and body language effect his own play?
I don’t think his attitude affects his own play, although I think sometimes it’s a direct result of it.

Do I wish he would keep his emotions better in check during games? Of course. But if he wants to have an unflattering Brady-like bad attitude on the field and put himself at the bottom of the fan likeability scale, that’s his prerogative. I just don’t believe the other guys on the field are as negatively influenced by it as we might think. If they are, they shouldn’t be on the field. That’s just mental weakness.

Of all Rodgers’ issues, that’s last on my list of things to be annoyed by. In fact, he can have all the bad body language he wants as long as he stops killing our drives by taking 4 shots to the end zone inside the 20 and starts throwing the ball better!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t think his attitude affects his own play, although I think sometimes it’s a direct result of it.
Really? How close were you watching him yesterday? It was very obvious, at least to me, that his attitude effected his play. Honestly, looked like he threw the towel in early on.

We will have to agree to disagree on how it does (not should) effect other players on the team. While I agree with you that a professional athlete shouldn't be bothered by Rodgers poor demeanor, I am quite certain that they are. Do you think players are impacted by Rodgers when he has a positive demeanor? I sure do.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? How close were you watching him yesterday? It was very obvious, at least to me, that his attitude effected his play. Honestly, looked like he threw the towel in early on.

We will have to agree to disagree on how it does (not should) effect other players on the team. While I agree with you that a professional athlete shouldn't be bothered by Rodgers poor demeanor, I am quite certain that they are. Do you think players are impacted by Rodgers when he has a positive demeanor? I sure do.
I watch him closely every week, but confess I am more interested in his quality of play. Personally, if I were out there playing under those conditions, I’d probably be just as bad, if not worse lol.

And I‘m willing to admit you might be right about whether it impacts the other players negatively. But I would really hope, if he’s as intelligent as we are told he is, that he would be smart enough to recognize the negative impact he’s having.

Either way, no matter how bad things get, the one thing I definitely don’t see him doing is throwing in the towel. We’ll see, I guess, since it kind of appears the going is about to get even tougher.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Man...media spin is a real thing these days.
I think this is more that the front office is leaking information now to show they were trying. Don’t know why they want it to be leaked out, but it’s been leaked on purpose.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think this is more that the front office is leaking information now to show they were trying. Don’t know why they want it to be leaked out, but it’s been leaked on purpose.
But you take their word for it 100%?

If they leaked it, then it is information that they feel would be beneficial to their image outside of 1265. I remain skeptical because the Packers have never been an aggressive trade deadline team.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to provide a horrifying possibility: Rodgers still is about as good as last year and IS elevating our pass catchers. This is just as high as they can be elevated right now.

Toure had two steps on his man deep down the middle. Rodgers threw it short and made him slow down and that pass was defended. He didn't elevate Toure yesterday, did he? If he had thrown it 2 yards deeper, we probably win.