Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But you take their word for it 100%?

If they leaked it, then it is information that they feel would be beneficial to their image outside of 1265. I remain skeptical because the Packers have never been an aggressive trade deadline team.
If jay glazer reports it, I’m 100% believing. We have never heard so much stuff being sent out.

Not sure why you think it’s stupid or fake or not to mean anything. But I find it very odd

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If jay glazer reports it, I’m 100% believing. We have never heard so much stuff being sent out.

Not sure why you think it’s stupid or fake or not to mean anything. But I find it very odd
Other teams get deals done. But the Packers are seemingly the only team talking about what they weren’t able to get done.

Hmmmmmmm.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Other teams get deals done. But the Packers are seemingly the only team talking about what they weren’t able to get done.

Hmmmmmmm.
Exactly

Why is it being reported so fast? They are leaking it. But never leaked stuff so fast before

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly

Why is it being reported so fast? They are leaking it. But never leaked stuff so fast before
Again. They are leaking they tried to send a 1st rd pick . Offered more to Pitts for Claypool

Why is this being leaked

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Exactly

To create the narrative that they tried. Regardless of whether it’s true or not. Me, personally? Seems fishy. But that’s just my opinion.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I refuse to believe the reigning 2 time MVP forgot how to play football. This biggest issue with this team is the constant shuffle at receiver due to injuries. Cobb (3 full games left 1 early), Watkins (4 games), Watson (3 games left at least 2 early), Lazard (2 games left 1 early), and now Doubs out likely 4-6 weeks. 2015 sucked with Jordy out for the year but I'd rather bite the bullet with one receiver missing the year and having the other receivers play 16 so you have consistent repititon, not this constant shuffle of EVERY top 5 receiver missing 2 of 5 games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to believe the reigning 2 time MVP forgot how to play football. This biggest issue with this team is the constant shuffle at receiver due to injuries. Cobb (3 full games left 1 early), Watkins (4 games), Watson (3 games left at least 2 early), Lazard (2 games left 1 early), and now Doubs out likely 4-6 weeks. 2015 sucked with Jordy out for the year but I'd rather bite the bullet with one receiver missing the year and having the other receivers play 16 so you have consistent repititon, not this constant shuffle of EVERY top 5 receiver missing 2 of 5 games.
Then why is a pass way high to Lewis? Then ver next it hits helmet and int

Why was it 3 yards short at goal line and batted away?

That isn’t because of the wr or te. It’s because he has slipped in his ability. And that’s okay. He still is Aaron. But I think he has lost something just because of age and it happens.

Maybe he needs to realize it and adjust??

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why is a pass way high to Lewis? Then ver next it hits helmet and int

Why was it 3 yards short at goal line and batted away?

That isn’t because of the wr or te. It’s because he has slipped in his ability. And that’s okay. He still is Aaron. But I think he has lost something just because of age and it happens.

Maybe he needs to realize it and adjust??
He doesn't deserve no blame. He had 3 pathetic passes at the very worst time. He's part of the problem. But the biggest problem is still the receivers' injuries. Unfortunately we should have expected this coming into the year with Cobb and Watkins being injury prone and Lazard to a lesser extent. Age and hand injury has played a role in the bad offense, but I'm sorry if I think people are full of crap saying he's had some Peyton Manning 2015 drop off and he needs to be benched. Also I think people are full of crap saying they knew all along we'd be better not bringing the 2 time reigning MVP back. Hindsight is always 20/20. That 'we don't want Rodgers' energy wasn't around before the season. He's still got something in the tank.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve no blame. He had 3 **** passes at the very worst time. He's part of the problem. But the biggest problem is still the receivers' injuries. Unfortunately we should have expected this coming into the year with Cobb and Watkins being injury prone and Lazard to a lesser extent. Age and hand injury has played a role in the bad offense, but I'm sorry if I think people are full of crap saying he's had some Peyton Manning 2015 drop off and he needs to be benched. Also I think people are full of crap saying they knew all along we'd be better not bringing the 2 time reigning MVP back. Hindsight is always 20/20. That 'we don't want Rodgers' energy wasn't around before the season. He's still got something in the tank.
Drop off can happen fast . Not saying that’s the case , but all season he has had accuracy issues. Worse last few games as I think he is pressing

But he isn’t his self. It’s always been as long as we have Rodgers put in whoever we’ll that ship has sailed

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To create the narrative that they tried. Regardless of whether it’s true or not. Me, personally? Seems fishy. But that’s just my opinion.
Then why bring back Cobb and Clements??

Those were for Rodgers specifically. They were trying to help him

Now it’s reported they tried to trade and you can’t believe it?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the pack were going after Waller. Claypool wanted to be out of Pittsburgh. All water under the bridge. I was a young shaver in the 70's and that was ugly ugly ugly times. Cant be any worse than that...might as well watch 12 and the remnants this year. Can they win 8 straight? I think signing Lynn D might be more likely but here is to another season of Indians baseball.

D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt many teams are going to offer a ton for him, but his salary would be totally worth the risk for another team, since the Packers would be picking up most of the tab.

A team trading for Rodgers would have to pay Rodgers $60 million for next season. He would count only close to $16 million against their cap in 2023 though.

On top of that, he clearly blames the people around him for the failures.

I truly believe Rodgers was mostly mad at himself.

While it isnt a perfect stat that's a bold statement for a QB ranked 27th in QBR

There's absolutely no reason to put any stock into a stat which ranks Kenny Pickett, who has thrown only two touchdown passes but eight interceptions, ahead of Rodgers.

Davante Adams Himself might’ve gotten us 1 or 2 more wins and that’s being generous. This season would be derailed with him and not even he could’ve caught those INT

Rodgers might not have thrown those interceptions with Adams on the field.

So if the Packers are 3-9, heading into Dec.(Bear game)....time to sit #12? Asking for a friend.

If the Packers enter the Bears game at 3-9 I'm fine with sitting Rodgers.

Possibly. If he agreed to be traded to an AFC team

FWIW Rodgers doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Then why bring back Cobb and Clements??

Those were for Rodgers specifically. They were trying to help him

Now it’s reported they tried to trade and you can’t believe it?
Cobb was agreed upon to get Rodgers to come back.

Right now, Rodgers is locked in.

Two very different scenarios.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Right now, Rodgers is locked in.
"Locked in?" To what? I see a soon to be 39 year old QB that generally isn't playing well and was totally off on Sunday. Couple that with the fact that he is on a team that is also not playing well and sitting at 3-6 as a result. Blame it on Gute, MLF, Rodgers, Murphy, injuries or whatever, this just isn't a good team this year. This season actually reminds me a bit of the 2017 season, when the Packers went 7-9. Only this time it isn't because Brett Hundley is filling in for an injured Aaron Rodgers, proving to the team and fans just how dependent the Packers were on Rodgers. Nope, this season, its Rodgers at the helm, playing his worst football and looking a bit confused and checked-out in the process.

I'm kind of glad that my buddy sold the Cowboys tickets, I have a feeling that the fans are going to let Rodgers and the Packers know how they are feeling about this season on Sunday and then again on Thursday night.

Maybe a dose of reality is a good wake-up call for a team that was way too comfortable at being an above average team for years.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Rodgers' is the 5th worst QB in the league from a clean pocket in EPA/play.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This comment from Campbell sure doesn't make it sound like he'd lose motivation if they decided to give Love some run at QB.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Offensive line issues are obvious. Receivers in and out of the lineup. Quality of wide receivers is an issue. Play calling is an issue. Something has gone south with MLF's play calling.

All true.

But my goodness. Rodgers by his standards has been pretty brutal.

89 passer rating and 36 QBR?

The stats don't always tell the story. But they do when they are THAT awful.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
....to the Packers? His contract? He's not going anywhere unless he retires.
Got ya.....I was wondering if you were watching old footage of when he actually was "locked in" on the field. ;)

You are right though, the contract the Packers gave him, probably keeps him in GB for at least another year. Unless of course he retires and walks away from $59.5 M. If he does that the Packers will still have a dead cap of $40.3M.

Cutting him, isn't a viable option, would create almost a $100M cap hit for the packers.

Another option will be to trade him. Rodgers currently has a salary cap charge of $31.6 million in 2023. $59.465 million of his $59.515 million salary for the year is already guaranteed. The Packers have the option to pay that salary out as a $58.3 million option bonus and a $1.165 million salary in order to drive his cap charge to the $31.6 million figure. The timing of the option works in the Packers favor for both trades and/or potential retirement as the official option decision does not have to happen until the start of the 2023 regular season. For the team acquiring Rodgers they would be on the hook for the salary for the year. The cap charge would be $59,515,000 if they do not exercise his option and $15.79 million if they were to exercise the option.