Alexander for missing a game ending INT

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Aaron Jones, Williams, Adams, Lazard

Duds

Bak with a horrific missed block on the 4th down play, JK Scott punting something to be desired.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They’re should have taken 3 at the end of the first half. It turned out OK, but.......

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Davante Adams, Aaron Jones, The Smiths, Kevin King

Half Studs Half Duds:

Rodgers making awesome throws but setting the record for most delay of game penalties ever by an NFL QB

Matt LaFleur doing a bit better on play calls but blowing the shot to take the 3, rookie HC mistake

Duds: Bulaga and Blah

Special teams and Mennenga

Super Duds: The Awful Referees who we had to also beat today

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the most frustrating game to watch. the refs tried to take control of this one on both sides. Hard to watch

Studs:
Jones
Williams
Lazzard
Adams
The Snow

Duds:
THE REFS
Joe Buck and Drunk Troy Aikman
Bak
Martinez who could only just barely get burned by the old man Olsen. He is killing us on coverage and run d. Very weak performance AGAIN.
Field conditions
time outs to save a delay of game that seem to kill good drives

This was absolutely infuriating to watch, especially that last drive. Game over? nope BS call, lets draw it out as much as humanly possible.
To panthers fans saying the roughing the passer call in the endzone was bs in the first half i say the phantom offensive "push off" on Lazzard in the 1st was complete BS and killed a drive that could have ended in points. The refs get worse every week. They are ruining the game!

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs. AJones Devante Smith brothers, a first time this year for me Tramon Williams, final play goal line stand....
Duds:big plays, bogus calls,

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
-PSmith was flying today , too much so in the play to extend last drive, but otherwise...
-The run game. Beautiful
- Jimmy Graham with some key pickups

DUDS:
-situational football on offense; too many silly mistakes at end of half/game on offense. Feel like we mismanaged both of our end of half/game drives
- defensive zone coverage; exposed again today, although field conditions dictated it second half. Too many guys with no one near them.
- refs. Good God these refs.

Special mention stud/did:

-Aaron on the hot mic screaming at Davante sending him (angrily) in motion " NOW.NOW! YOURE NOT DRIVING HERE!"

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Aaron Jones - passed up McCaffry for TD lead

D Adams - you make it look too easy sometimes

Smith and Smith: lots of pressure

Graham, maybe his best game as a Packer.

M. Adams and Lowry - really played much better than last few weeks. Shut down MVP candidate.

Allan: Carolina QB. Where did this guy come from? Cam is gone and it's a big improvement.

Schedule - we really need that upcoming bye

Duds

MLF: got away from the run towards end of game when it was doing so well. Should have kept pounding it.

Equipment manager - a lot of slipping around out there. Needed different spikes or something.

Bahk - what's going on?

Neither stud nor dud
Aaron Rodgers - beautyof a pass to Adams but blew several others. Long pass to Adam broken up because underthrown by 5 yds.

Alexander - played well despite missing a few, but dropped an easy pick 6. Spend some time on the JUGs machine.

Clark - played much better but still not entirely back to form.

H

HardRightEdge

Studly: McCaffrey - 26 touches, 141 yds, 1 TD
More Studly: Jones/Williams - 26 touches (all runs), 156 yds. 3 TDs

Amos gets a stud for great reads in defending passes on the Williams pick and the two-point attempt.

Fackrell gets a stud for getting the hit on McCaffrey on the last play.

Red zone D comes through again. Two penalties and they still hold.

I propose a new nickname for Martinez: "The Matadore". I noticed two plays, there might have been more, where he was standing right over the hole, unblocked, and just waved at McCaffrey as he went by. Get him a cape.

As usual, King is both a stud and a dud. New nickname: "The Weather". He's like what Mark Twain said about the weather in nearly every city he ever visited: if you don't like it just wait 5 minutes.

Dud: You if you posted in the Shout Box that Alexander blowing the pick 6 was the kiss of death. Almost, but that doesn't count in hand grenades, horseshoes or the W-L columns on a goal line stand.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
duds...the refs throwing flags when they see a compatriot throw one. I hate that. Only throw it if YOU see it.

dud … The field. In the first half when it was not so wet; people were still slipping. Been seeing it all season. What gives?
Dud...LaFleur not putting Geronimo on the outside to the right.
Another nail biter. Could not believe Carolina went for two. Damn the statistics. Ridiculous.
Studs...Kenny Clark looked at lot better. Smith bros. The running backs.
King made some very good plays in the first half but played too loose down the stretch.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The avoidable penalties are a major dud. A false start killed the first drive and I'm growing tired of the incessant delay of games. It's ten games into the season. We shouldn't be taking several delay of game penalties each week.

Also, what happened to JK Scott? He was probably the most consistent stud the first few weeks of the season, but has been shakier as of late.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The avoidable penalties are a major dud. A false start killed the first drive and I'm growing tired of the incessant delay of games. It's ten games into the season. We shouldn't be taking several delay of game penalties each week.

Also, what happened to JK Scott? He was probably the most consistent stud the first few weeks of the season, but has been shakier as of late.
I sure hope Mennenga is not getting into the kid's head.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A major pillar of the CAR gameplan was to target Kevin King, and it worked most of the time.

Reaction score
Mostly agree on the above Studs But I’ll add Jake Kumerow. That kid made some really key blocks to go with some nice catches. He’s really strong for his frame.
Lazard just needs more seasoning and he could develop into our #2 one day.

Duds:

ST once again

In a relatively low scoring game where you are winning 14-10 always take the easy chip shot FG. Especially when you get the ball first, 2nd half kickoff. And field conditions are gradually deteriorating.
Go up 7 there and go into the locker room.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
At 8-2, the Packers now have five wins against teams with winning records (CAR, KC, OAK, MIN, DAL).

Perusing the standings, I don't think anyone else has more than three.

It isn't always completely convincing, but they certainly haven't done it the easy way.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I will go against the grain here-- I applaud Petals for being aggressive and going for the touchdown. I blame the execution, not the call.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go against the grain here-- I applaud Petals for being aggressive and going for the touchdown. I blame the execution, not the call.
While I certainly understand that point of view. I will still disagree. Take the points knowing you are also getting the ball right back after the half.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shout out to stud....Fackrell. he blew through the line and made first contact with CMC...on final play. 51 plays hard.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
While I certainly understand that point of view. I will still disagree. Take the points knowing you are also getting the ball right back after the half.

I tend to think conventional wisdom among coaches is way more conservative than necessary.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I thought the packers had a coil system under the turf to control slipping in this kind of weather, anyone can educate me on this.

H

HardRightEdge

I dunno how much grain there is to go against. Maybe we need a poll.

Staff online

Latest posts