Week 6 - Denver - Studs and Duds

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs - Leaning towards Dillon, Tom and Reed. All 3 had moments. No one on defense stood out today.

Duds - Coaching staff, Walker and Jenkins both hurt us today in my opinion. Missed tackles and of course injuries.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love is bad. Can he change it yes but regardless of the play calling or whoever people wanna blame he needs to make plays he sat 3 years he should be making some plays that make us believe. Execution is just as to blame as anything else. I can’t even name a stud tbh this team has no identity it’s sad. I would prefer to keep losing to make a play at Caleb Williams and Green Bay should trade anybody that will get them good draft picks in return for extra ammo

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds MLF - 2 weeks to figure out how to exploit the worst defense in the NFL and prep Love, and that is what you came up with?!?!

Studs - AJ Dillon. Great showing. Guess he needs the Aaron Jones Ying for his Yang.

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I put this out there because just a 10 yard gain puts us in consideration for
1. A potential game winning FG.
OR
2. a manageable 4th and 10 conversion chance for the Win

We very likely get between 8-12 yards on that check down minimum, possibly more on a missed tackle. Instead we play for the low probability 40+ play into double coverage.

We finally have a Kicker that has the range for 60, but we choose not to allow him to redeem himself. If we make it to the Denver 40 general area it’s a 55% we win this game.

This would be understandable if we were lighting it up all day on 20+ throws. However when we should’ve tried those earlier we didn’t. When we didn’t NEED a 20+ we throw it 40+

DUD: inability of Coach and QB to communicate that 10-12 yards gives us nice options if someone is wide open take the check down and stay in bounds!!

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I put this out there because just a 10 yard gain puts us in consideration for
1. A potential game winning FG.
OR
2. a manageable 4th and 10 conversion chance for the Win
Yes love is playing very badly nothing stands out about him… he checks down and makes bad throws… how can anyone be excited about him lol

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Whelan, maybe OL

Duds: Love, MLF

Everyone else was mediocre, neither studs nor particularly duds.

I'm also adding MLF for one specific reason. I don't understand his disdain for field goals. He frequently throws away easy FG chances to go for it on 4th and 5+ yards. He has gotten lucky with that a couple of times and today he got away with it because Reed was paying attention and made a play on what should have been a dropped pass. Usually these are situations where the 3 points can help us. He's taking a live by and die by the sword approach and unless he's just doing it to create clutch situations to test his QB, it's not a sustainable strategy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes love is playing very badly nothing stands out about him… he checks down and makes bad throws… how can anyone be excited about him lol
Yeah. I think it’s a mix bag of blame though. I can’t stand our 1st half playcalling. We have ZERO energy it’s almost like a scrimmage? Like we’re just practicing to get some rhythm? This is Week 7 regular season not Preseason! Up the Tempo some.

I’ll give 1 minor Stud to using the RB in the passing game.
7/9 rec for 64 yards (9.14 per catch;7.11 per attempt)
Nice job getting the RB involved

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, Love is a complete fail and total waste of a pick. Gute has totally F***** up this team.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, Love is a complete fail and total waste of a pick. Gute has totally F***** up this team.
It was over when we traded Adams bud. It was over when they drafted love.. love wasn’t good in college he had one good year and didn’t play anyone good. He had a good combine and gute wanted to submit his legacy with love. You can’t love what’s going on right now. And I’m gonna say it’s gonna get a lot worse then it will get better. I would prefer to lose as many games as possible and trade Alexander for a first or two and move up if the bears don’t get the first pick which is unlikely. We not in a good spot lol Love could turn out to be good be there is NOTHING to be excited about. He is not good so far no upside either

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was over when we traded Adams bud. It was over when they drafted love.. love wasn’t good in college he had one good year and didn’t play anyone good. He had a good combine and gute wanted to submit his legacy with love. You can’t love what’s going on right now. And I’m gonna say it’s gonna get a lot worse then it will get better. I would prefer to lose as many games as possible and trade Alexander for a first or two and move up if the bears don’t get the first pick which is unlikely. We not in a good spot lol Love could turn out to be good be there is NOTHING to be excited about. He is not good so far no upside either
Since we're going totally negative here. Let's get rid of Watson too. The guy is china doll fragile. Alexander is washed up, who'd trade for him. Seriously.

MLF's play calling today was atrocious, as well.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we're going totally negative here. Let's get rid of Watson too. The guy is china doll fragile. Alexander is washed up, who'd trade for him. Seriously.

MLF's play calling today was atrocious, as well.
I sense sarcasm lol

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a concerted effort. Do these guys practice? Has anyone actually seen them practice? They should spend more time on the tip drill; only on the offensive side. Can't understand why Dillon was in there at crunch time. He made a good run after the catch but also 4 or 5 direct handoffs that went nowhere. Wilson was in for 2 plays and got 19 yards. Just saying. And Jones on the bench. I guess we were going to wear out the D with thunder pants at any moment. Give Stenovich a chance to call plays.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay....all attempts to not let my frustration or the L sway me...

Studs:

Dillon has to get the nod, and it has nothing to do with he led the team in all purpose yards, but it was his style of getting those. There were times where the old Dillon was there clearly and that is two games now in a row where he was attacking instead of seemingly hesitating. Maybe there is something to the fact he runs better knowing Jones is there and he doesn't feel the weight of the whole RB position is on his shoulders. When he runs free, that man can make stuff happen.

Doubs....now this one I struggled with because I still rewatching film don't see the same guy he was last year at separation creation....but he is quickly becoming that big play guy for a QB and yet again he illustrated one of his biggest strengths I saw in college - high pointing. Folks want to exclaim Reed's TD was amazing....I say what Doubs did when Surtain had better positioning is equally impressive.

McDuffie...there are times I find myself not missing Campbell and that is not a knock on Campbell but I truly think the game is slowing down for McDuffie and we could truly have something in him in the middle.

Tom...IF our OL wasn't so stinking hurt/weak now I'd say trade Myers cuz Tom is very well worthy of being the captain in the middle at Center. Tom is our new Jenkins and right now may be more valuable given his diverse capabilities.

*Honorable mention to Wicks - he is right now the best at getting separation on our roster, and came out and produced in limited chances before his injury. At this point he needs to be out there more.

Duds:

MLF 1st half play calling. I am disgusted with it...not with the fact he tried what he did but that he didn't pull off of it sooner and it took till the third to truly change it up. Barely any play action at all in the first half which is just asinine. I'm sorry but Barry is a better coach right now than MLF in the first half of nearly all our games.

Watson...I'm sorry but at this point if he gets healthy I'd trade him, I love the kid, love his skills but if availability is never going to be there he is of no value. Not too mention he is supposed to be one of the vets and ran the wrong route on a crucial third down.

Walker - At this point put Jones or Nijman in there instead of him. He may be something in the future, right now - not ready.

Valentine - I hate giving the kid a knock, but wasn't his best game - still think there is a future for him however, his year of painful growth in the NFL as a rookie will be immensely valuable and I have no doubt he's going to get serious snapcounts as Jaire cannot stay healthy and Stokes could now be hurt longer.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Leaning towards Dillon, Tom and Reed. All 3 had moments. No one on defense stood out today.

Duds - Coaching staff, Walker and Jenkins both hurt us today in my opinion. Missed tackles and of course injuries.
And do not forget the yellow flags.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of Love being on people's dud board. Is it given that he is a dud, or did people actually think he played well?

Dud: Love, MLF. I'd probably throw more offensive players in there for duds, but with the awful QB play and game calling it is hard to throw them under the bus.

Studs: Wicks, 1/1 for a 14 yard completion. I'll give Dillon a nod as well for at least accomplishing average.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised by the lack of Love being on people's dud board. Is it given that he is a dud, or did people actually think he played well?

Dud: Love, MLF. I'd probably throw more offensive players in there for duds, but with the awful QB play and game calling it is hard to throw them under the bus.

Studs: Wicks, 1/1 for a 14 yard completion. I'll give Dillon a nod as well for at least accomplishing average.

So a guy isn't an either/or in my book - if you are not a dud, it doesn't mean stud and if you aren't a stud it doesn't mean dud.

Love truthfully made some poor reads, would really like a couple throws back for sure, but all in all he executed MLF's terrible first half playcalls and then in the third again like he has done shows that his ceiling and ability to make some throws are very high level. Right now Love is kinda like the QB version of Lazard was early in his career...dude often times is going to leave the game with some highlight blocks or catches that are CLUTCH, but also just not be what you want him to be....and with that comes some fair and also too harsh of criticism. Unlike Lazard however, Love is a QB and is dealing with an ignorantly young supporting cast of the likes Rodgers or Favre never had to...BUT also a struggling MLF when it comes to playcalls too.

Love is an enigma I'm struggling with...like Rodgers has said about Love, I love the kid and see the high level skills and throws BUT man it would be nice to see him with a healthy OL and just a guy or two that are experienced and aren't out there making mistakes or misreads....grading Love truly is tough right now...and is why however one thing I am certain on him - I'm not discussing an extension regardless of how the rest of this season goes. That's for next year only and maybe after it as well.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a guy isn't an either/or in my book - if you are not a dud, it doesn't mean stud and if you aren't a stud it doesn't mean dud.

Love truthfully made some poor reads, would really like a couple throws back for sure, but all in all he executed MLF's terrible first half playcalls and then in the third again like he has done shows that his ceiling and ability to make some throws are very high level. Right now Love is kinda like the QB version of Lazard was early in his career...dude often times is going to leave the game with some highlight blocks or catches that are CLUTCH, but also just not be what you want him to be....and with that comes some fair and also too harsh of criticism. Unlike Lazard however, Love is a QB and is dealing with an ignorantly young supporting cast of the likes Rodgers or Favre never had to...BUT also a struggling MLF when it comes to playcalls too.

Love is an enigma I'm struggling with...like Rodgers has said about Love, I love the kid and see the high level skills and throws BUT man it would be nice to see him with a healthy OL and just a guy or two that are experienced and aren't out there making mistakes or misreads....grading Love truly is tough right now...and is why however one thing I am certain on him - I'm not discussing an extension regardless of how the rest of this season goes. That's for next year only and maybe after it as well.
I do not wanna see any kind of extension for Jordan Love unless he rallies the team and takes them to the playoffs. Unless he absolutely craps the can he will start again next year. But absolutely nothing he has done so far warrants any kind of extension.