2019 Week 10 vs. Carolina: Studs and Duds

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is MLF turning into MM 2.0? End of half playcall strikes me as exactly what MM would have called. He even blamed execution which is what MM always did. Punting on our final drive also seemed MM-esque.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I can`t believe the groundstaff got a Dud ?? Let`s blame God for making it snow too !! Carolina played on the same field as us and they coped. The equipment guy could have changed a few cleats, but come on guys, seriously ????

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is MLF turning into MM 2.0? End of half playcall strikes me as exactly what MM would have called. He even blamed execution which is what MM always did. Punting on our final drive also seemed MM-esque.

Really ? after less than a full season ?? Oh for Jesus sake !!

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While the Playcall wasnt that good, the play ultimately failed cuz the OL failed to block McCoy and the other rusher. They were literally unblocked and therefore the play had no chance to develop. I liked the call to go for it. It was a huge trust bonus from LaFleur and the O gonna pay that back. The rest of your post is complete bs.

Studs:
Pass rush had a really good game and had Allen under pressure for most of the time. The rush mostly came a few seconds to late for a sack but the pressure paid of.
Aaron Jones had a really good game, again. Now has 14 TDs and is tied with McCaffrey for most in the league.
OL blocked very well this game. It wasnt perfect but still good. Once again Jenkins is playing so damn well its ridculous
Sternberger had a really solid game, had some really good blocks. Same for Campbell who had some really good tackles and really helped the D

duds:
JK-47 had a rough game. He needs to find some consistency in his game. Her is either Top 5 or bottom 5 Punter
Tackling was again really bad. Allen got out of some sure-fire sacks because they didnt finished the tackle properly. The bad tackling kills the defense in many games.
DBs drop way too many Interceptions. Jaire is in position for a turnover 2,3 times a game but doesnt produce. He plays so well and if he wants to be an all-pro, he needs to make these interceptions. Same goes for King, who could have 10 Interceptions already but drops nearly every time.

Special shoutout to Kyle Allen. Dude had one hell of a game. He faced the pressure so often and still delivered. Panthers got something in him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we threw the ****ing ball from the 1 yard line probably more than any team in the history of the NFL and everyone was screaming to run the ball. People forget history so quickly.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special shoutout to Kyle Allen. Dude had one hell of a game. He faced the pressure so often and still delivered. Panthers got something in him.
Our pass Rush was more than sufficient for much of the game and really good for a good chunk too and this kid kept throwing bigtime passes at critical moments. Pretty accurate in the face of pressure.

Though I think we could have made him look worse had we kept our hands on some of those balls. We forced a few floaters we couldn't capitalize on

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:Goal line D at the end,A Jones,J Williams,J Graham,D Adams,special shout out to Mason Crosby. After he missed the FG the camera panned to him and you can see him smiling saying something to the effect he "had it snapped early" After seeing the penalty and how Carolina couldn't get the defender away from the center at the time,I see that as a smart play.
Duds: Our D covering TE's,Blake M.( On McCaffrey's 18 yd run you could see him run to the line,stop at the blocker instead of attacking the hole or pushing the blocker back into McCaffrey) Officials.They blew calls on both sides of the ball.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. . . Mason Crosby. After he missed the FG the camera panned to him and you can see him smiling saying something to the effect he "had it snapped early" After seeing the penalty and how Carolina couldn't get the defender away from the center at the time,I see that as a smart play.
I missed that. That is a very heads up play. Most kickers are so focused on their routine, I think 95% of them miss that.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, what happened to JK Scott? He was probably the most consistent stud the first few weeks of the season, but has been shakier as of late.
The kid came straight out of Punt, Pass & Kick... and he's only 12 years old! I thought he did pretty well, considering...

shout out to stud....Fackrell. he blew through the line and made first contact with CMC...on final play. 51 plays hard.
I was NOT high on Fackrell to begin the season, but, I was wrong on him. He has been playing VERY well, making crucial solid football plays to help us win a bunch of those 8 games. Hat's off to Fackrell.

Mostly agree on the above Studs But I’ll add Jake Kumerow. That kid made some really key blocks to go with some nice catches. He’s really strong for his frame.
Lazard just needs more seasoning and he could develop into our #2 one day.

Duds:

ST once again

In a relatively low scoring game where you are winning 14-10 always take the easy chip shot FG. Especially when you get the ball first, 2nd half kickoff. And field conditions are gradually deteriorating.
Go up 7 there and go into the locker room.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure, "Take the points early. Go for it late" is a maxim. Maxims are maxims. That call went against my grain, and it gave me one.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching that game or any Packer game lately is very challenging. The offense is so predictable sometimes. Rodgers looks like anything but a veteran QB. I compare it to when basketball teams used to go into the four corner offense. Honestly, if I have to watch #12 roll out and heave a lollipop on 3rd and 5 instead of just getting the 1st down, I am gonna puke my guts out. Whatever happened to marching the ball down the field? The other team has no problem doing that. Where did Geronimo Alison go? Where are all these talented wideouts? Which brings me to the defense. Once again, a nobody QB looks like a hall of famer against this supposed top notch defense. Their lack of ability actually helped them yesterday. Josh Allen had so many guys open that he had to throw which basically took McCaffrey out of the mix. It's always the same guys too. Martinez - horrible, King - playing 12 yards off every receiver although he still made some decent plays, Alexander - I really thought this kid was going to be a stud but not lately, Savage - looks sooo small out there and can't tackle and what's up with J.K. Scott? How long do coaches look at the same bs happening and just ignore it? I don't know, maybe I expect too much.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
STUDS: The Paratroopers at halftime, dive bombing Lambeau field from the out of the darkness. One of the more entertaining half time shows I have seen in a long time. The way each jumper navigated their way through swirling winds, blowing snow, hidden skycam wires stung up around the field and thousands of fans cheering loudly. As each service personnel dropped out of a dark sky, came the element of "are they coming in too fast?" A few of them barely got their feet down on a slippery field, before sliding and rolling to a stop. The second to last one appeared as if he was almost attempting a Lambeu leap, crashing hard into the padded endzone wall. Thankfully, he appeared to be ok!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or what it would look like now if it had worked? ;)

Even if it had worked I am
Duds:
Either the defense that made way too mistakes on the last Panther drive,
or the Panthers not being able to take advantage of all our mistakes on their last drive.

Trying to draw out the opposing defense on 4 down which only ends in a delay of game. Who are they trying to kid.

Giving me gray hairs on the last play. My hair should be snow white by now.

There was one missed calls by the refs in that drive that could have killed us if they score at the end of the game. The Panthers' QB Allen should have been flagged for grounding. He felt pressure and threw the ball while inside the pocket and there wasn't an eligible receiver in the vicinity. If it was called they lose yardage and a down there.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching that game or any Packer game lately is very challenging. The offense is so predictable sometimes. Rodgers looks like anything but a veteran QB. I compare it to when basketball teams used to go into the four corner offense. Honestly, if I have to watch #12 roll out and heave a lollipop on 3rd and 5 instead of just getting the 1st down, I am gonna puke my guts out. Whatever happened to marching the ball down the field? The other team has no problem doing that. Where did Geronimo Alison go? Where are all these talented wideouts? Which brings me to the defense. Once again, a nobody QB looks like a hall of famer against this supposed top notch defense. Their lack of ability actually helped them yesterday. Josh Allen had so many guys open that he had to throw which basically took McCaffrey out of the mix. It's always the same guys too. Martinez - horrible, King - playing 12 yards off every receiver although he still made some decent plays, Alexander - I really thought this kid was going to be a stud but not lately, Savage - looks sooo small out there and can't tackle and what's up with J.K. Scott? How long do coaches look at the same bs happening and just ignore it? I don't know, maybe I expect too much.

I too wish we would just get the darn first down instead of getting cute and throwing it long. I suspect Allison has problems getting open. Right now Lazard is more productive. Davante looked better this week than last. Even Graham had a nice game.

Our defense is troubling. We just have all kinds of problems covering guys in the middle of the damn field. The lack of decent ILBers is killing this defense. Scott hasn't looked good the last 3 weeks. This team is soooo ready for a bye.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That nobody QB looked good because he played pretty dang good. The pass rush was there most of the night. he was under pressure a lot and still was putting the ball right on target for some big plays. you can't just ignore that. We had some issues with the middle of the field again, no surprise, but their nobody QB was making a lot of other plays too and that was all him making good plays.

Alexander doesn't seem to be able to catch, but you rarely saw him last night and when you did, he was still right on his man. he is good. Savage can't tackle? I'm not sure you're really watching. You saw a miss and think that's normal for him?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS: The Paratroopers at halftime, dive bombing Lambeau field from the out of the darkness. One of the more entertaining half time shows I have seen in a long time. The way each jumper navigated their way through swirling winds, blowing snow, hidden skycam wires stung up around the field and thousands of fans cheering loudly. As each service personnel dropped out of a dark sky, came the element of "are they coming in too fast?" A few of them barely got their feet down on a slippery field, before sliding and rolling to a stop. The second to last one appeared as if he was almost attempting a Lambeu leap, crashing hard into the padded endzone wall. Thankfully, he appeared to be ok!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
seems to be hopping around pretty well on 2 broken ankles...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That nobody QB looked good because he played pretty dang good.

Agreed and the poster identified him as "Josh Allen", people need to remember his name, Kyle Allen an UDFA of the Panthers in 2018. I actually think this guy may make Cam Newtons time in Carolina over, he looked pretty good.

H

HardRightEdge

STUDS: The Paratroopers at halftime....[/MEDIA]
I didn't see it, but if conditions were as poor as you say, in the dark no less, you don't question the prudence of this stunt? What is this, really? A form of entertainment, a recruiting tool, and perhaps a Packer revenue enhancement? I don't know if the Packers were paid in this case, but it has been the habit of the military to pay for the privilege in the past, at least until objections were voiced:

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/...oldiers-military-wisconsin-football/71700816/

Now, the "advertisement" aspect of these stunts, paid or otherwise, is at the bottom of my list of things to get in a twist over. The military pays for TV recruiting ads. It's a price that is paid for a volunteer military. Nobody gets in a twist over networks getting paid for TV ads other than the dovish of doves.

Paratrooping is a risky business under good conditions. Putting guys at risk under bad conditions while advertising for other guys to sign up is an inescapable and sad irony, there's a faint whiff of disposability in the stunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? All the reports I read said he was fine. That sucks big time for him.
no, I have no idea, but hitting that wall could have done some damage. I ran into a wall and knocked my teeth out. He was coming in probably 20-30MPH at least feet first. He's lucky there wasn't some lasting damage.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only jumped once, so i'm not an expert, and wind is a factor, but these guys jump in wind all the time and know pretty well how to deal with it. I don't think the nighttime jump at Lambeau is that big of a deal. If anything the target is much more visible at night to them in the "city" of Green Bay. The move around in relation to the target below, in this case an easily identifiable one.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Paratrooping is a risky business under good conditions. Putting guys at risk under bad conditions for advertising purposes is an inescapable and sad irony.

Guys AND Gals, one of them was a female, she took a pretty brutal drop and roll as well, but didn't hit any walls.

Good points.

I am sure there is going to be some negative fallout from this one. Especially after people realize that it wasn't just the brave paratroopers dropping from the night sky at risk, it was anyone in the crowed of 78,000+ that could have been critically injured had a wayward human missile been blown off target and gone screeching into the stands. The Paratroopers I am guessing did this willingly and voluntarily, an injured fan and his attorney wouldn't have seen this as something the fan volunteered to participate in.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I only jumped once, so i'm not an expert, and wind is a factor, but these guys jump in wind all the time and know pretty well how to deal with it. I don't think the nighttime jump at Lambeau is that big of a deal. If anything the target is much more visible at night to them in the "city" of Green Bay. The move around in relation to the target below, in this case an easily identifiable one.

I too have jumped just once and I had someone that knew what they were doing "strapped to my back", we landed within 50 feet of our target. While I agree with you that all those jumpers were well trained and experienced (they announced how many jumps each had), just by the way that they all seemed to be coming in hot and having difficulties landing, I wouldn't call it the best of conditions to be doing what they did. Also, if you look around, the skycam wires are all around the field, those alone had me wondering when one of the was going to misjudge their angle and get ripped off their path by a wire hooking their chute.

Anyway, I like daredevil "sh*t", so I was entertained. :coffee:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Aaron Jones, Davante Adams, pass rush from Preston Smith. Blake Martinez had a nice game. Kevin King had his moments but overall had a very good game

Duds: David Bakhtiari had a pretty poor game. MVS may be going on a milk carton, special teams return units continue to be nonexistant. Most of all, the presnap/snap penalties really have to be cleaned up. Rodgers losing the play clock killed the previous drive, or we likely seal it. Offsides penalties by both Smiths near the end could have cost us the game.

H

HardRightEdge

Guys AND Gals, one of them was a female, she took a pretty brutal drop and roll as well, but didn't hit any walls.

Good points.

I am sure there is going to be some negative fallout from this one. Especially after people realize that it wasn't just the brave paratroopers dropping from the night sky at risk, it was anyone in the crowed of 78,000+ that could have been critically injured had a wayward human missile been blown off target and gone screeching into the stands. The Paratroopers I am guessing did this willingly and voluntarily, an injured fan and his attorney wouldn't have seen this as something the fan volunteered to participate in.
This risk to fans occurred to me but I was focusing on the broader sad irony aspect of it. As for the "guys" or pronouns, I'm too old to change and I don't see the point of it. I find it comical when writers substitute the "she" for the old "him" in a gender neutral context like it is some kind of reparation. Anyway, gals often call their friends collectively by the geneeric "guys" so we should go pick on them.

Anyway, whether the paratroopers could opt out is debateable and that changes nothing in the sad irory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts