Week 6 - Denver - Studs and Duds

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not wanna see any kind of extension for Jordan Love unless he rallies the team and takes them to the playoffs. Unless he absolutely craps the can he will start again next year. But absolutely nothing he has done so far warrants any kind of extension.

WHICH agrees with what I said LOL - nothing short of running the table might sway me off of the extension talk being "no - go" at all this year.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud

MLF

He loves AJ Dillon. He is more concerned with proving that Dillon is useful than utilizing the young, dynamic players that we supposedly have. The stubbornness is maddening. Dillon can have a role, but you don't win in the 2023 NFL featuring players like him. Their obsession with Dillon offends me.

If Jones isn't healthy enough to play, don't roster him; if he is, use him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would bet my house Jones isn't healthy.

Truthfully I think we may be seeing an IR designation on him if this persists...well persists more than it already has.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about the Doubs TD catch was that Love forced him to make a great play by underthrowing the pass.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love is an enigma I'm struggling with...like Rodgers has said about Love, I love the kid and see the high level skills and throws BUT man it would be nice to see him with a healthy OL and just a guy or two that are experienced and aren't out there making mistakes or misreads....grading Love truly is tough right now...and is why however one thing I am certain on him - I'm not discussing an extension regardless of how the rest of this season goes. That's for next year only and maybe after it as well.
His play has gotten worse and it's a bit confusing. He looked quite sharp at times in the first few games, but seems to have trailed off. That last pick was a thing of complete ugliness. Have teams figured out how to confuse him?

It is completely foolish to already start writing Love off as a bust. Not sure what is wrong and it could just be receivers getting on the same page with him which just takes time. I am still optimistic he can get into a groove and really lead this team. I look at the big picture and am dissappointed at the lack of readiness of the team. We only get going in the 2nd half.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
His play has gotten worse and it's a bit confusing. He looked quite sharp at times in the first few games, but seems to have trailed off. That last pick was a thing of complete ugliness. Have teams figured out how to confuse him?
I think when you have all offseason to prepare for your first two opponents, the first of which is a division rival that you know extremely well, it’s relatively easy to be prepared enough with coaching and well thought out playcalling to look fairly good.

Since week 2, he’s looked pretty rough, the late comeback against the Saints not withstanding.

7 interceptions in 4 games is just ugly. No other way to put it.

Not being able to take advantage of the Broncos and Raiders is brutal. And it’s not all Love’s fault. LaFleur is plenty culpable as well. But you definitely would like to see more at this point.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHICH agrees with what I said LOL - nothing short of running the table might sway me off of the extension talk being "no - go" at all this year.
Thoughts on trading jaire getting an extra pick and being bad enough to trade for willaims? Bears get 1 that would never happen but I think whoever gets one won’t trade the pick

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think when you have all offseason to prepare for your first two opponents, the first of which is a division rival that you know extremely well, it’s relatively easy to be prepared enough with coaching and well thought out playcalling to look fairly good.

Since week 2, he’s looked pretty rough, the late comeback against the Saints not withstanding.

7 interceptions in 4 games is just ugly. No other way to put it.

Not being able to take advantage of the Broncos and Raiders is brutal. And it’s not all Love’s fault. LaFleur is plenty culpable as well. But you definitely would like to see more at this point.
I would put more blame on LaFleur than Love. Couple of bad decisions and poor accuracy are on Love. Lack of open WRs, and the team being flat, and playcalling are all on MLF.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts on trading jaire getting an extra pick and being bad enough to trade for willaims? Bears get 1 that would never happen but I think whoever gets one won’t trade the pick

I don't want any part of Caleb Williams....volatile immature child of a mentality IMO. Gifted? ABSOLUTELY - but I'm a pass on wanting him part of our franchise.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and @Snoops I'm not a fan of trading Jaire but at this point I think if a team is offering a Day1 Gute would be dumb not to pull the trigger or think on it VERY ******* it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't want any part of Caleb Williams....volatile immature child of a mentality IMO. Gifted? ABSOLUTELY - but I'm a pass on wanting him part of our franchise.
That, and to prove his immaturity, he is asking for ownership in any team he gets drafted by. I'd prefer Ewers and Mayes.
Oh and @Snoops I'm not a fan of trading Jaire but at this point I think if a team is offering a Day1 Gute would be dumb not to pull the trigger or think on it VERY ******* it.
I ran the numbers last week. There would be some major dead money by trading him. Because of that, I don't think it happens.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That, and to prove his immaturity, he is asking for ownership in any team he gets drafted by. I'd prefer Ewers and Mayes.

I ran the numbers last week. There would be some major dead money by trading him. Because of that, I don't think it happens.

I don't think Snoops or I were declaring it as likely, only that for Day 1 equity back I think Gute would have to consider.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't think Snoops or I were declaring it as likely, only that for Day 1 equity back I think Gute would have to consider.
I understand where you're coming from. I just don't think they would consider it due to his contract. I'm not a cap expert, but from what I'm reading is he would count for $27 million in dead money with a cap savings of -$3 million. $30 million for a draft pick or two. It looks like he is signed all the way through 2027 with dead money attached to every season if traded. It just doesn't seem feasible. I could be reading it wrong though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from. I just don't think they would consider it due to his contract. I'm not a cap expert, but from what I'm reading is he would count for $27 million in dead money with a cap savings of -$3 million. $30 million for a draft pick or two. It looks like he is signed all the way through 2027 with dead money attached to every season if traded. It just doesn't seem feasible. I could be reading it wrong though.

If say we cut him or traded him after the completion of 2023, we would have to eat $3.1M ish...as his dead cap would all hit ($27.456 Million) and his what would have been 2023 cap hit being $24.364M

It actually isn't much truthfully in the scheme of things and is shocking team friendly deal, as after 2024 season it would be a cost savings to cut or trade...after 2025 season it would save us $17M

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that was confusion. He didn't make a bad read, but the delivery was all wrong. Under thrown, bad arc, etc.

Yup, underthrown. Same as the Doubs TD toss....read the spot perfectly, just didn't deliver the ball where it should have been.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, underthrown. Same as the Doubs TD toss....read the spot perfectly, just didn't deliver the ball where it should have been.

And the pass to Watson. Low and behind, causing him to go down on his knee and twist. Allowing the defender to clobber him and hurt his knee.

At minimum, he should have lead him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like him much either. If he was available we could trade the spot. I thought it was classless that after the last game he lost; that he didn't go out and make an attempt to shake the hand of the other QB.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like him much either. If he was available we could trade the spot. I thought it was classless that after the last game he lost; that he didn't go out and make an attempt to shake the hand of the other QB.

The day Caleb Williams exhibits class is probably the same day I wake up with a six pack LOL

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we want to trade Jaire because he's been having injury problems. After more thought; I don't want to trade him. He's a good player and hopefully he can come back from these injuries and have a good career.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud:Lafleur's 4th down play calling..stop with that trying to draw offsides crap and GO FOR IT!! What do you have to lose? Not making playoffs anyway!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud:Lafleur's 4th down play calling..stop with that trying to draw offsides crap and GO FOR IT!! What do you have to lose? Not making playoffs anyway!
And why waste a timeout? We should have had two timeouts left when they got the ball for the last time.

Reaction score
The crazy part is we’ve lost the last several games against these opponent Win/Loss records
Losses:
2 pts (2-5)
4 pts (3-4)
14 pts (5-2)
1 pt (3-4)

Wins:
1 pt (2-4)
18 pts (2-5)

We’re dysfunctional, but not at some level that can’t be alleviated at all. I think sometimes we (myself especially) get too caught up in the emotional level of losing. We were likely a Elgton Jenkins 10 yard penalty from at least a close Win yesterday. 3rd and 10 from the Denver 44 and we are 5+ yards gained from over a 50% go ahead score with a 55 yarder.

We’ve several self inflicted wounds (not all Love) in several games this year and at the worst times. While Jordan played his part? Before that last failed FG drive pressuring him to save the day on a 3rd n forever?

Jordan was
21/30 70.0% passing
2 TD 0 INT
180 yards
103.2% Passer rating

Really not a bad day, just a bad play throwing a duck under pressure. A check down away from a go ahead FG try. Let Carlson redeem himself for missing one. Now he sits all week with this crap. I still say Matt needed to get together with Love on that last play and Coach him up.

I also said then (see live thread) we should’ve went for it on 4th and 4 at the Denver 24 We could’ve went up 7-6 at the half and Denver likely never sniffs another possession. That decision was a -10 point swing and a wash 0 even if we made that FG. If we can’t get 4 yards for a go ahead 7-6 score in a season we haven’t scored a TD in the first half in 4 straight games? If we can’t get 4 yards to win? go down swinging for 3.5 yards. We missed a huge opportunity to end this streak of misery. If we’re afraid of getting 3 yards in that scenario against #32 ranked Denver? Then imo we are not very confident in our team, after a wonderful drive nonetheless.

Matt is a good coach as far as micro play design and camaraderie, but he’s too timid there on a beautiful O drive after where we’ve been stuck and the macro play design has been also lacking.

I’d be running a 2 minute offense and going on any 4th n 2 or less once past the 50 until I score a TD. What am I afraid of. Losing? Are we 2-4 or am I just imagining that

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we want to trade Jaire because he's been having injury problems. After more thought; I don't want to trade him. He's a good player and hopefully he can come back from these injuries and have a good career.

Him being healthy and here eliminates the need to force yourself into the CB discussion in 2023 draft as hard....but if he is not and Stokes may be going down same road we honest to God may want to be strongly considering a top end CB on Day1.

Members online

Latest posts