2023 week 14 played like pigs: studs and duds

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
duds: Joe Barry and his lack of defense. Injuries decimated skill positions again.
Studs: almost none but Wicks looked good and Bo got his first catch. Stokes didn't get hurt from what I saw.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Barry, MLF, Love, Walker, Stokes, all of D

Studs: fans trying to get behind the D and then refusing to, wicks, Carlson

Reaction score
Stud: Wicks
Honorable mention: Love.
I’ve realized now that his D never carried him, if anything our D has put Love in habitual game ending drives that set him up for failure.

There was very little positives to take from this game. Our Offense operated at an acceptable level. However this was not the game to play “average” or “middling”
This Tampa team is a good (but not great) team fighting for the Division win. We looked intimidated by the Bucs team overall. We obviously didn’t take this game seriously. At least that’s the way we played.

Duds: Defense
What can we say. When we needed an “above average” effort? We got the collectively worst Defensive performance in 2023. We appeared unprepared at every level of the Defense.
The Chargers Defense (372 allowed) played better than the Packers (452 allowed) this week.
Let that sink in

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Gutey, Barry, Josh Myers.

Studs: Those of us who sat there and watched all 60 minutes of this **** show. I liked our WR play and overall and our D-Line play until the final 5 minutes of the game.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs Wicks, Reed, Jones when he was able to play.

Duds Joe Berry... nuff said.

PackFan727

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the Packers’ defense made an ordinary QB look like an all-pro. This was the case during most of the Rodgers era and despite multiple supposedly great draft picks, still continues today! When will this frustrating experience end?

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Wicks, Clark
Duds
Gute- your roster can't compete physically. Too many small, injury prone players. Douglas would've really helped today!!!
Barry- Too passive

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Once again, the Packers’ defense made an ordinary QB look like an all-pro. This was the case during the Rodgers era and despite multiple supposedly great draft picks, still continues today! When is this frustrating experience going to end?
Baker isn't an ordinary 20 td to 8 int b4 this game

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa punted once today. Let that sink in. At some point, the defense needs to make the opposition use their punter. Today's game reminded me of Rodgers final 6 or 7 seasons. QB actually played well enough to win but the rest of the team around him got pushed around.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs Wicks, Reed, Jones when he was able to play.

Duds Joe Berry... nuff said.
Starting with giants game the packers were suppose to be in good shape on the playoff trail with them having one of the weakest schedules remaining.
Its crunch time but Its the packers who are getting crunched. Very disappointing.
I thought we were better than this.
I guess not.
We have mostly a bunch of young guys with little experience and just not ready for the big stage yet. I give them a pass this year and put the core group of youngsters in the wait till next year category.
Can't say the same for coaching. Plenty of experience there so they should know better what works and what doesnt but they just haven't been able to figure things out.
Of course injuries don't help either but no team is immune to that. Every team has to find a way to work with what they have. From what I have seen our coaches have not been able to complete a whole puzzle yet.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
From what I see from the posts, Barry shouldn’t be the only one with a isle seat on Spirit Airlines, someone in upper management should go also

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting with giants game the packers were suppose to be in good shape on the playoff trail with them having one of the weakest schedules remaining.
Its crunch time but Its the packers who are getting crunched. Very disappointing.
I thought we were better than this.
I guess not.
We have mostly a bunch of young guys with little experience and just not ready for the big stage yet. I give them a pass this year and put the core group of youngsters in the wait till next year category.
Can't say the same for coaching. Plenty of experience there so they should know better what works and what doesnt but they just haven't been able to figure things out.
Of course injuries don't help either but no team is immune to that. Every team has to find a way to work with what they have. From what I have seen our coaches have not been able to complete a whole puzzle yet.
It's not all on the young guys though. Our veterans are playing poorly on every level. The run defense played ok at times..but still sucks in crunch time. Our dbs and safeties are invisible most of the game. Do we have lbs? I don't see them doing anything. The oline is atrocious at times yeah some guys are young most of them have 3 seasons under their belt!

Joe Barry F.U.!! YOU JUST WATCHED THIS CRAP HAPPEN LAST WEEK!!! NO ADJUSTMENTS!! GOODBYE!!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't very often that the Packers get their butts kicked in Lambeau by a team coming up from Florida, seriously.

Our offense has improved, but it isn't good enough to allow the other team to run up and down the field at will like what happened today. Something (or someone) needs to change.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think Love played better today. He wasn't playing defense and shouldn't be blamed for the loss. It will be interesting to see if Love takes a sophomore leap next year or stays the same based upon limitations in his deep passing game. I think at this point, he's in the range of a 10-15 ranked qb. With some improvement, I'd argue he could push the 5-10 qb ranking in a year or two. That's not good enough, however, to win in Green Bay because the defense always sucks.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think Love played better today. He wasn't playing defense and shouldn't be blamed for the loss. It will be interesting to see if Love takes a sophomore leap next year or stays the same based upon limitations in his deep passing game. I think at this point, he's in the range of a 10-15 ranked qb. With some improvement, I'd argue he could push the 5-10 qb ranking in a year or two. That's not good enough, however, to win in Green Bay because the defense always sucks.
I agree on Love. He has a decent arm and can zing it in there like Favre use to. Unlike Favre he can also run to avoid defenders and extend plays.
Not as accurate as Rodgers but good enough at this point.
In Rodgers first year as full time QB the packers finished 6-10.
I expect love's biggest improvement will come over the next few years as he starts figuring things out, learning to read defenses, making better decisions on reads etc.
For me he's a keeper.

Members online

Latest posts