1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

You've Gotta Love This

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by jrpack, Feb 2, 2010.

1. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
  2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    That was pretty funny... Now that it's the Vikings problem!

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    HAHAHA LOL I enjoyed that :D

4. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
  5. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    The reading glasses are a nice touch.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
  8. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
  9. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
  10. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
  11. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Funny thing is that the satire in that article is more like fact because everyone I know back in Mn are ready to throw everyone else on the team to the wolves, mostly AP. Even though a game is not won or lost by one person, no one will admit that Favre is at all remotely responsible and still insist they would not be there without him. I ask them repeatedly how they are so sure that with that loaded Viking team they would not be in the same spot with even a mediocre QB. After all, they made the playoffs last year with TJ and in that spot he would probably have scrambled. Yet all we have to listen to from the announcers every time Aaron misses a pass is "now that's a throw Favre makes". And they know this how??

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Are you sure this is a SB ad?
    Don't they save them and then leak them onto the net after the game?

13. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    The article I posted was satire of course, but this is the link to the SB ad I posted. If it's not real they fooled me (which isn't hard). If you haven't already read the article, scroll up and click on that, it's really funny.

Brett Favre will star in Super Bowl commercials for Hyundai | The Weekly Driver

14. dewitt60

dewitt60 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It's the only way Burt will ever be on TV in a Super Bowl

15. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Favre wasn't the ONLY player responsible. Most of the offense is to blame from poor protection to dropped passes to fumbled balls...too much to overcome. The defense gave up too many points, but it held the Saints to a paltry number of yards.

Like is the case in EVERY bash-Favre-story, the game needn't have had to come down to a pass by Favre. The score probably should have been in the neighborhood of 45-14 Minnesota, if you account for the Part Time's fumble before half which would have been another TD, Berrian's fumble at the 7 which would have culminated in another TD and throw and tack on a measley FG at worst.

I'm not sure how any reasonable human being could have watched that game and came away with the feeling that Favre lost that game. Favre is the reason the Vikings were IN the game to begin with. You'd have to be terribly simple or have a serious axe to grind against Brett Favre to want to believe he lost the game. It's silly and this kind of diseased thought process has no place in our forum which is supposedly all about facts and thruths.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    You got that right.
    :Bananas:

17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    So we don't blame Brent for the loss but everyone else on the team. Even though Brent did throw the INT that led to the Saints win.
    And we don't give the team credit for getting there but all the credit goes to Brent.
    OK So there is an "I" in team after all. That is, whenever they win.
    Gotchya.
    :nhl2:

18. Ted's Zombie Army

Ted's Zombie Army Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I disagree completely. This is a fan forum. Fan is short for fanatic. Fanatics don't really give that much weight to facts and truths when they support their team. They roll mostly on emotion and loyalty. If there is a player for an opposing team that Packers fans don't like, say Brett Favre, then this is exactly the forum to get that out. They really don't need a reasoned argument. If you don't like the Vikings, like most of us Packer fans don't, then it is easy to pile on Favre when we get a chance. And most of the reasons for not liking him have less to do with the on field stuff than the off field stuff that the Favre lovers tend to ignore, downplay or deny, like this annual ritual that has made him a joke in the Onion.

19. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    If you will note, I said that a win or loss is never one person. However, for whatever reason everyone I know just defends Brett and trashes the rest of the team. There were six fumbles, and two picks. What I'm saying is that my friends in Mn blame everyone BUT Brett. He did not lose the game but he was partly responsible as was the rest of the team, but all I hear is "we need to trade AP". AP fumbled twice (no turnover) plus the botched handoff which they credited to Favre (didn't stick the ball in AP's gut before he let go).

20. Hauschild

Hauschild Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    I understand. Look, the the last throw was a good read, but a second too late, so it was a bad play on Brett Favre.

I'm simply arguing that the reasoning of laying the blame a majority on Favre, when he was the most important factor to his team being in the NFCCG in the first place, doesn't really tell the true story.

It's fun to argue about it, even if neither side is ever convinced by the other.

21. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    That wasn't a good read by Favre. You learn at every level, someone on ESPN that night (I don't remember which talking head) called it one of the fundamentals of the position, that you never EVER throw back across your body into the middle of the field. Especially in that situation.

Awful throw, awful read, awful play.

That said, Favre didn't fumble 18 times, so the blame isn't solely on him, though he does share in it.

(I feel like it's two weeks ago, again. :lol: )

22. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Leave it to Haus to ruin a funny thread. :eek:fftopic:

23. jrpack

jrpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I am not one whom lays the majority of the blame on Favre for this game, it was just one bad play. Berrian was wide open too on that play, but mistakes will be made by anyone on the team so I don't lay the blame at any one player's feet.

However, another thing I can't figure out is why everyone is so sure that the Vikes would not have been there had it not been for Favre. They went to the playoffs last year and their team this year was awesome. Who knows what TJ could have done with a little more confidence and experience? And in that play, he would have scrambled lol (if game). But you're right it's fun to debate!

24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Yup.
    Take a knee.
    But nope. "I'm Brett Favre. Watch this!"
    INTERCEPTION by the Saint's!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Vikes LOSE.
    In your face Burt. In your face.
    Sit down. Shut up. Sure. You can wear your helmet while sitting there in OT. But you ain't putting your sorry *** back out there. You loser.
    :viksux:

25. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    HAHAHA LOL Thats ace :D