Jordan Love vs Top QBs In This Draft

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A ton of folks I don't think remember just how relatively young Love still is truthfully...just a quick exercise for folks....age comparisons

Jordan Love is 24 years old - 11-2-1998

Main QBs
Will Levis is 23 years old - 6-27-1999 (less than a year difference)
CJ Stroud is 21 years old - 10-3-2001 (essentially 3 year difference)
Bryce Young is 21 years old - 7-25-2001 (nearly 3.5 years difference)
Hendon ****** is 25 years old - 1-13-1998 (nearly a full year older)
Anthony Richardson is 20 years old - 5-22-2002 (4+ years difference)
Tanner McKee is 22 years old - 4-27-200 (nearly 1.5 year difference)
Clayton Tune is 24 years old - 3-23-1999 (just over half year younger)

Few others connected to GB in some capacity:
Sean Clifford is 24 years old - 7-14-1998 (nearly half year older than Love)
Jaren Hall is 25 years old - 3-24-1998 (essentially half year older than Love)
Holton Ahlers is 23 years old - 11-10-1999 (almost exactly one year younger than Love)

Other QBs folks expect to be drafted:
Tyson Bagent is 22 years old - 6-8-2000 (essentially two and half years younger than Love)
Aidan O'Connell is 24 years old - 9-1-1998 (two months younger than Love)
Jake Haener is 24 years old - 3-16-1999 (essentially just half year younger than Love)
Stetson Bennett is 25 years old - 10-28-1997 (is essentially a year older than Love)
Dorian Thompson-Robinson is 23 years old - 11-14-1999 (essentially one year younger than Love)

If Jordan Love was in this draft class he would be one of five 24 year olds expected to be drafted and wouldn't even be the oldest QB expected to be drafted (Bennett and H00ker both older)...

In summary only these QBs are more than a year and a half younger than Love is: Bryce Young / Anthony Richardson / CJ Stroud / Tanner McKee BARELY

Four...only four QBs expected to be drafted are more than a year and a half younger than Love....four.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season, the rubber hits the road. Where he was drafted, what he did in college, his age, Covid, missed preseasons, age drafted, etc are all in the past. He's had 3 years in the league and it's time to show what he can do. He's not young, he's not old, he better be ready.

I think the average age of a 1st rounder is 22.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season, the rubber hits the road. Where he was drafted, what he did in college, his age, Covid, missed preseasons, age drafted, etc are all in the past. He's had 3 years in the league and it's time to show what he can do. He's not young, he's not old, he better be ready.

I think the average age of a 1st rounder is 22.

I don't disagree on the whole, but relative to this draft class he really isn't that old - of course the average age of first rounders is I'd guess lower as it should be, and the big caveat elevating ages of prospects nowadays is for sure Covid...but I think many folks forget just how young Love is really.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this begs the question. Would you rather have a guy who has been getting game reps (albeit college) for the last 3 yrs. or a guy who has been a NFL back-up?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me this begs the question. Would you rather have a guy who has been getting game reps (albeit college) for the last 3 yrs. or a guy who has been a NFL back-up?

I don't think there is a correct answer...but I'd say I'd rather hit 2023 with a guy that has been in the MLF system, behind a HOF QB and has seen NFL preseason and regular snaps.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Obviously the latter.

Unless we are to believe that Love is worse today than he was coming out of college. Because when he was drafted, he was coming off years of getting game reps and since that time he's been an NFL back-up. But I'm sure everyone believes he's gotten better in that span, not worse.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside of top choices in the draft at qb, give me the guy who’s been good enough to make 3 NFL rosters most times.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just in general from year to year. 1st rounders top 10 type picks

Oh man I have no clue off hand guys that I remember i think

Mac Jones
Jalen Hurts
Desmond Ridder
Dak Prescott
Aaron Rodgers
Brady
Romo
Love
Was Tua?
When was Pickett picked?
Russel Wilson
Kirk cousins
Jimmy G
Derek Carr
Andy Dalton
Minshew?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a correct answer...but I'd say I'd rather hit 2023 with a guy that has been in the MLF system, behind a HOF QB and has seen NFL preseason and regular snaps.
IMO. I agree I would roll with Love, but getting a rook on a rookie deal closes the gap for me.

D

Deleted member 6794

Why do I continually get the feeling that people have written Love off before he even starts ? FFS !! lets get behind the kid and give him a damn chance ?

I'm convinced there's not a single Packers fan who has written Love off at this point. There's reason to be skeptical if he will be able to develop into an above average starter at the pro level.

With that being said I definitely root for him to turn into the next great starting QB for the Packers though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm convinced there's not a single Packers fan who has written Love off at this point. There's reason to be skeptical if he will be able to develop into an above average starter at the pro level.

With that being said I definitely root for him to turn into the next great starting QB for the Packers though.
Well it might just be the ones that I`ve read repeatedly and I`m not even saying, far from it that he is the new son of God, but I THINK some of the early comments have implied he`s the waste of a pick even before he had a chance to prove himself.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do I continually get the feeling that people have written Love off before he even starts ? FFS !! lets get behind the kid and give him a damn chance ?
Just today a guy said love taking us to the toilet bowl

Just like a guy said about Rodgers in 08

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh the coffee didnt agree w u today. More tea anyone? lol Its nearly impossible to tell atp. He could turn out to be Mahomes for all anyone knows. About the only thing concerning is Love learning the offense and the mental queues needed to recognize coverages and tendencies he faces. If he shows moxy in his reading of defenses, he could be the 3rd in a proud line of gb qbs. Hes one heck of an athlete so we shall see. But if he is forced to go overseas for what would normally be a home game, all bets r off! I dare you to write 1265 and ask for your money back. lol

D

Deleted member 6794

Well it might just be the ones that I`ve read repeatedly and I`m not even saying, far from it that he is the new son of God, but I THINK some of the early comments have implied he`s the waste of a pick even before he had a chance to prove himself.

As you're well aware I think the Packers wasted their 2020 first rounder on Love instead of trying to improve a roster that was close to winning a Super Bowl. That doesn't mean I believe Love will end up being a bust though.

Members online

Latest posts